PDA

View Full Version : Mission: Atlantis

BrerFox
07-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Nemo sounds cool, new subs would be neat, or maybe if it would the little mermaid you meet. But what are they going to with the Tomorrowland lagoon?

The Subs are nearly out of reach to be put back in again. Theres still a little glimmer of hope they may come back. But as for new stuff, I have one new idea.

I'm not quite sure the feelings about Mission Space. I mean I've heard it many diffrent ways. Good, bad, and otherwise, but what if they took what they know about the ride system for space and turn it to the most unexplored part of our world, the oceans. Control your own sub through the darkest reachs of the unknown and maybe, with a child at the wheel the can go and visit the coral reef and see Nemo and pals. So every one in the sub would agree on a flight (or maybe swim path?) path to go see nemo. There would be the navigater, the driver, the wepons expert, whatever. Nemo would be the easy relaxing one. The open water of the deep ocean A.k.a dolphins, whales, and sharks (the sorta scary one.) Or maybe the deepest, darkest part of the ocean looking for the lost tresure of the Black Pearl. this one would contain super scary glow fish and a visit from the loc ness monster!(woooooooo!!)

i don' know.....what do YOU think? :fez: :fez:

All and all, I think it sounds cool.

King of the Frogs
07-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Where did they go? Just wondering....

Alf
07-12-2004, 01:27 PM
I don’t think that would work with the mission space set up.. AS I understand it the sole purpose for the mission space ride system is to simulate G forces via a centrifuge. Which you would not feel going 20 or so knots under the sea... I do like the pick your own path idea. sounds neat :)

splashmtngurl
07-12-2004, 03:21 PM
I totally agree with an atlantis thing! i mean it would be perfect and everything could be done with the newest technology, seeing as thats what disney seems to want! it would be alomost perfect and would offer a little more excitement then a nemo ride or a little mermaid ride because they would be more like your basic dark ride, except underwater. Of course you have to remember that everything that goes on in the sub lagoon can be seen from the path on the outside! so they may have a problem with hiding the machinery!

splashmtngurl
07-12-2004, 03:24 PM
the subs are currently in a hidden corner of the lagoon which is slightly concealed by the autopia setup. but, from above tommorrowland (a.k.a the old rocketrods track) you can see the subs which are parked in a little pen at the edge of the lagoon. Sometimes (mostly in the fall when some of the leaves are dropping) you can see them from railroad. they are currently really rusty though and they have'nt been used in a LOOOOONNNNGGG time so yeah..

King of the Frogs
07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Actually, one sub is in the sub ride building drydock, and the other seven are in the (undergorund) ride building. Just wanted to see who would make out like "I know everything" around here.

Bye, now - I am GONE from this place of fools.

SCUBAbe
07-12-2004, 06:01 PM
I don't miss the subs. They were very claustrophobic. I once described them to my BF and he feels thye will never bring them back for safety reasons. They took a while to load, if anything should happen to them since they are underwater....well they could not be un-loaded fast. People would either get crushed or drown when trying to evacuate. I realize an accident like that never occured on them, but there is always the possibility....

MrVor
07-14-2004, 01:22 AM
They've stopped chlorinating the sub lagoon for the last couple of weeks now. The algae has taken over and you can barely see the bottom anymore...within a few weeks it'll be about as green as the Rivers of America if they let it continue.

Here's a nasty little side effect....seems to be more mosquitos/gnats/annoying insects in TL these days. Wonder why?

stan4d_steph
07-14-2004, 05:03 AM
Actually, one sub is in the sub ride building drydock, and the other seven are in the (undergorund) ride building. That's what I've heard too. You can't see any of them from the train. You can sometimes see the drydocked sub from the monorail though.

Crispy
07-14-2004, 08:05 AM
People would either get crushed or drown when trying to evacuate. I realize an accident like that never occured on them, but there is always the possibility

The waterline of the lagoon reached just above windows. Therefore if water did enter the subs, the water would only fill the sub up to the point. You could still keep your head above water in the subs. Interestingly, there is a mall in Canada with an actual submarine ride inside..... the subs actually do submerge under water 30 feet!

Cris