PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Christmas Decorations

Jewels
07-11-2004, 11:04 AM
We would like to plan a weekend trip to Disneyland so we can see the resort with all it's holiday decorations up. Plus neither my husband or I have ever been when the Nightmare before Christmas overlay is up. Do the decorations go up just after Thanksgiving weekend? Is there anything that changes the closer to Christmas it gets? Thank for your help.

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure when the decorations go up, but once they are up they pretty much stay the same. You'll love going during the holidays. It's my most avorite time to go. The weather is cool, the crowds are lighter, the park is decortated to the hilt. I have my vacation times planned for a week in december every year. Thats the one time of year that we will go to the parks weekly..:)

Dani24
07-11-2004, 11:14 AM
My SO and I went to DL 4 years ago in the beginning of November (right around Veteran's Day). The Christmas decorations had already gone up (though I'm not 100% sure they were all up). The characters were in their Christmas costumes, there was snow on Main Street at night, the Christmas stuff was in the stores, the tree and lights and decorations were up too. So, I'd guess that unless something has changed drastically since then, going in November should be fine.

Darkbeer
07-11-2004, 11:43 AM
The first official day of the Christmas season at Disneyland is Friday, November 5th, 2004. This is the day that it's a small world holiday opens up, and usually the vast majority of decorations are up, it is also the day the large Christmas tree should be placed in Town Square.

The one thing that doesn't start to later is the Christmas Parade, which should start sometime during the week of Novemebr 22nd.

Be prepared for a couple of 6 PM Disneyland closing during the weekdays of November 29th thru December 2nd. (Due to employee parties).

Mark099
07-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Plus neither my husband or I have ever been when the Nightmare before Christmas overlay is up.

I think that comes down shortly after Halloween.

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 12:23 PM

It stays up all through the holidays. It's one of our favorite things to go on..:)

dsnyredhead
07-11-2004, 12:23 PM

My recollection is that NBC stays up until after christmas.

Mark099
07-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Okay, we were there in 2002 and a CM gave us the impression that NBC was primarily a Halloween attraction. That's good to know, however, because we really liked the changes.

Wendi
07-11-2004, 02:46 PM
The first official day of the Christmas season at Disneyland is Friday, November 5th, 2004

Yippee... I'll be there November 1-5... I've never been there for the "holidays" so I'm excited to be there for one official day!!!

rentayenta
07-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Wendi, it really is fantastic. So festive and magical. Have fun!

Jewels
07-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Thank you so much for all your help. Wow I was suprised to hear the decor would be up before Thanksgiving. I think we will wait to go until December so we get to see the parade. I can't wait.