PDA

View Full Version : Best place to watch Electric Parade

Pookie
07-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Where is the best part to watch the DCA Electric Parade? Where does the parade start so we are not stuck at the end waiting?

7 more days till Disney.

Thanks

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 09:49 AM
I'm really no sure, but I think it starts at different points. For example, if it ended near Paradise Pier one night it would start from there the next night. I could be wrong. They may move the floats back to the start point aftee the parks closes. The two times I watched the parade it did end near paradise pier. I'm not sure of th best viewing area. One time we had a large group and we sat and waited for it for about an hour, but the second time we were on the sun wheel when it started. We got off the ride and walked right over to the parade and got a good spot. I did notice some people camped out in fron tof the hollywood backlot area. They were really aggressive (meaning rude) about anyone going near their spots, even though they were blocking the street....

Pookie
07-11-2004, 09:51 AM
My mom will be in a scooter will this make a difference?

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 09:55 AM
No, it shouldn't. I would get to the parade route early and get your spots. We usually get some drinks and snacks and just people watch. When you get in the park they will give you or you can take a fold out map of the park. The parade route is marked on it. It also has the times for the shows and parades in it.:)

Drince88
07-11-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm really no sure, but I think it starts at different points. For example, if it ended near Paradise Pier one night it would start from there the next night. I could be wrong. They may move the floats back to the start point aftee the parks closes. The two times I watched the parade it did end near paradise pier. ...

I THINK that DCA has their float storage set up like MK in WDW so that the parade always starts at the same end (Hollywood area) and ends at the Paradise Pier area. The first float drives into the storage building, and goes clear to the other end, the next right behind it, etc -- and then when it's time to roll again, they open the OTHER end (if it's actually a close building) and they go out the front of the building and everything is in the right order already. No funky turning-around needed.

In which case, anything near the front of the park would allow you fairly easy exit.

Also, there may be reserved seating for those in wheelchairs/etc - but that's just a guess since they have that in both WDW MK and DL.

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 10:52 AM
that makes sense. The two times I saw the parade it was going the same way. Thank you for clearing that up..:)

Andrew
07-11-2004, 10:55 AM
I THINK that DCA has their float storage set up like MK in WDW so that the parade always starts at the same end (Hollywood area) and ends at the Paradise Pier area. The first float drives into the storage building, and goes clear to the other end, the next right behind it, etc -- and then when it's time to roll again, they open the OTHER end (if it's actually a close building) and they go out the front of the building and everything is in the right order already. No funky turning-around needed.
Ah, for the days of the "Pixie 500"...

Darkbeer
07-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Yes, the parade always goes from the left side of the Sun Icon and ends up next to the Orange Stinger.

Many folks watch the parade from the Main Entrance area (the Sun Icon), and then rush over to Disneyland to see the Fireworks, and the late Fantasmic!, so the latter part of the parade route tends to have places to find a good seat without much wait. The curve near the Corn Dog Castle/Sunglass shop (The large Dinosaur) is a good choice.

I would ask a CM along the Parade route for the proper place to place the scooter, or check in with Guest Relations during the day.

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 12:00 PM
That area near the corndog/sunglas place is where I took these pictures. We were really close and got there late. You'll have to scroll down a bit...:)

Pictures (http://pixiepics.net/archives/cat_disneylanddca.html)

Pookie
07-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the pics. It made my daughter even more excited to go.

Hakuna Makarla
07-11-2004, 03:42 PM
I see your pictures scubabe, tell me is that time right? its dark there at 7:00 pm? here its that dark about 10:30. boy I now know my son will want to be in bed by 7:00 :O

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 04:00 PM
I see your pictures scubabe, tell me is that time right? its dark there at 7:00 pm? here its that dark about 10:30. boy I now know my son will want to be in bed by 7:00 :O

the times are when I posted them to the site, not when they were taken. I think the parade starts at about 8:45pm..:)

ralfrick
07-11-2004, 04:46 PM
If the parade starts at closing as it did my last visit, get in line for something on Paradise Pier at closing time. When you get off, walk to the end of the parade route. You will get a great spot with no wait, and the parade should just about be arriving. Not good if you're rushing to DL, but can make for a relaxing stroll out of the joint by Griz Peak, with a stop at Whitewater Snacks if you're hungry.

splashmtngurl
07-11-2004, 05:24 PM
the best place to watch it is right infront of the DCA hub because once the show is over people are in a rush to get over to DL for fantasmic (its the early showing and there are often times quite alot of people) i went with my family in may and thats where we watched the parade. then we hurried over with the crowd to DL watched the fireworks and then caught the late showing of fantasmic. Trust me it helps to be right near the entrance of the park when your trying to hurry through the gates :) have a great trip!