PDA

View Full Version : Have You Used RideMax?

Wendi
07-10-2004, 03:12 PM
I know someone here posted that they were going to be using it on their next trip. I am just curious to hear if anyone here has used it, and what they thought of it. I don't have much of a problem with seeing everything I want to see during my 5-day trips, but I am curious about this anyway. I would love to be able to do even more, and to have more downtime without losing any "special time"!!!

bassett1976
07-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm thinking that this program might be something that you could get from asking people in mouseplanet. It also takes the fun out of the visit and might make you feel like you have to stick to your schedule. But, I would say getting to the park before it opens is the best bet to get on a lot of rides. The two times last week that Mrs. Bassett & I got into the park right at opening you could walk on rides for at least 30 minutes and then you had small lines until 10-11 am when everyone else finally got to the park. Also, take advantage of fastpass and the chance to get more than one at a time. I've seen numerous threads for this in the forum here at mouseplanet.

Dani24
07-10-2004, 08:06 PM
I just got back (30 minutes ago) from a trip to Disneyland. I used the Ridemax program for this trip. My boyfriend and I decided which attractions were most important to us, and then we created a number of different schedules (with different groupings of rides, different times to arrive at the park, using the late fastpass or not, etc.) I made about 3 or 4 itineraries for DL and DCA for each day. Then, the night before, we looked through the itineraries, decided what park to visit, and what time, and then chose an itinerary that worked. We didn't stick strictly to the schedule, but used it as a guide. There were a few points where we skipped something, and did something else instead. Also, we found that we mostly ran ahead of schedule, but the timing seemed to be pretty accurate. And typically it was off in our favor (i.e. Ridemax said a 20 minute queue, but it was really 15).

I didn't feel that it took the fun out of things. And, actually it allowed us to do a lot more than we may have otherwise. You can easily experience the entire park in one day on a summer weekend with this program, if you're willing to put forth the effort to do so.

GeminiAngel
07-11-2004, 05:59 AM
What's RideMax? :confused:

olegc
07-11-2004, 06:23 AM
The program is great for folks who've been before. I think that maybe for a first timer it may take the fun out of discovery.

I think more than anything it helps you to see where to go during the day in general. So - if you miss one or two rides on your itinerary you can catch up to your schedule and come back later.

RideMax is some software that uses an online database of trip reports to analyze and create an intinerary for your visit to the park. Customizable to what list of rides you want to hit as well as breaks.

If you want to know more about RideMax - just use a search engine for RideMax Disneyland.

SCUBAbe
07-11-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm going to use it when we go on July 18. We normally don't go during the summer because of crowds/long lines and heat. I'm hoping the program takes care of the line factor. We will deal with the heat factor. I actually think the humidity bother me more than the heat. I livein the desert where we get well over 100 and it doesn't bother me, but get me down in DL when it's about 90 and It's way to much for me. I thik we're going to get a room just in case the heat is to much, we can go somewhere and relax..:)

Mark099
07-11-2004, 12:33 PM
http://www.ridemax.com/

sjcivilady
07-12-2004, 12:06 PM
I think the RideMax looks very cool. But after my last trip close to Xmas - I'm planning my next trip for Jan-Feb - lol...... and I wouldn't need it.

rentayenta
07-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Would Ridemax take the joy out of watching my hubby run all over getting Fastpasses? It just isn't a day at Disneyland if he isn't trying to set a personal record running to catch up with us in Fantasyland after obtaining our Fastpasses ;)

I did go the site and it looks really interesting. If I were able to go without the kiddies I'd try it.