PDA

View Full Version : Tear down Big Thunder?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Filbert
07-10-2004, 01:00 PM
I say get rid of it and build a new Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland attraction.

But I don't think it would happen, too expensive. They'll probably slow it down and add Woody and Jesse to it, or maybe the animals from Home on the Range.

What do you think?

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 01:05 PM
i think they better fix it so it dosen't break down and let an american classic ride (and were ever there is a Disneyland) be enjoyed forever. You can't tear down a classic it's just plain stupid

Alf
07-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Take a look at my thread, where I, and others, share ideas about what should happen to thunder and other attractions in Disney's future.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=30118

I agree.. they are going to have to do something to restore public confidence..or its new ride time.

RowboatWillie
07-10-2004, 01:10 PM
You've Got to be kidding me, Big Thunder is a Classic like disneyteen Put it!

What looks like happened with the latest accedent looks to be Man made Error. After the First time it went down they made sure that all the Computer and Brake systems were up to par, Probley making it the safest ride there, But tearing it down is not the answer, making sure your switching the tracks on time instead of asking what you and your co-worker are gonna do when you guys get off work is!

SCUBAbe
07-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I think it's a ridiculous idea to tear down one of the few coasters they have and put in a slow train ride from the past. It was removed for a reason. They will fix/retrain the problem and it will be up and running soon. I will still ride it. Thousands if not million of poeple ride this ride weekly and 3 accidents is not a very high percentage. This whole outcry reminds of of people who won't fly because sometimes airplanes crash, but they drive and more people die in cars daily then die in airplane crashes annully.....

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 01:13 PM
What looks like happened with the latest accedent looks to be Man made Error. After the First time it went down they made sure that all the Computer and Brake systems were up to par, Probley making it the safest ride there, But tearing it down is not the answer, making sure your switching the tracks on time instead of asking what you and your co-worker are gonna do when you guys get off work is!

Excactly a MAN made error not computer error. like RowBoat Willie said they made it up to par with the computer system. To tear a ride down because some lazy, stupid CM couldn't do his/her job right is the best way or the smartest thing to do!

RowboatWillie
07-10-2004, 01:15 PM
And on top of that, Me and like 10 of my friends all go to DL like 6 times a year. None of them knew about this happening until I told them after I looked on here a day after it happend. I watch the News and I did not see anything on it, I dont think it got too far out of the Anaheim News market With no one dieing and all. So Hopefully no too much Fear of the ride will come out of this. Im still gonna go on it(if it re-opens), like i did after the list closure.

Alf
07-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Thats a good point, I agree. Its gonna take some magic to restore people's faith in the security of that ride. Three accidents in the space of a year is a record I think.

splashmtngurl
07-10-2004, 01:17 PM
No way! no offense but the nature thing wouldnt be as exciting as the TMR

Alf
07-10-2004, 01:17 PM
I hear people in small towns ouside of california heard about it on their local news

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Its kind of a thrill to know that you could crash...adds that little rush of adreline.

Now i don't wish for it to crash, but if the whole world was one safe, everything run smooth nothing bad happen. Then were would all the fun be :D

RowboatWillie
07-10-2004, 01:19 PM
I dont think Tearing it down becouse so CM was not doing there job is te right thing to do, Im sure that person is Already gonna be Fired, and I think they just need to keep an eye on there Employees a little better, at least at the more buzy rides. the CM's just need more eyes over there shoulders, Seeing as something like this should not happen, Espically at 5:30; one of the Buzyest times in the park.

RowboatWillie
07-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Im glad you think like I do DisneyTeen, But not everyone does. I went on that ride like mad when it opened back up, because yes there was Fear there and that made it a little more fun, But also in the back of my mind I knew that the problem was fixed and it was more safe now then the Millions of time i went on it before it Derailed. they opened it back up for a reason, and if it is opened back up again you know that it is safe in the eyes of the testers and the most Anal people of all the Safety people.

Alf
07-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Perhaps hearing "WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERRRNEESSSSS" all day long drove the CM crazy?

RowboatWillie
07-10-2004, 01:35 PM
LOL!!!! Yeah, Thats funny to hear when you have not heard it in a while. But i Guess they were trying to hard to make it the "Wildest Ride in the Wildernessssss!"

CoasterChickie
07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Its kind of a thrill to know that you could crash...adds that little rush of adreline.

Yeah.

But deep down inside we believe it won't actually happen or we'd never go on it. Perhaps that's naive of us!

I could "live with" a Woody and Jesse ride, but pleeeeeeese no "Home on the Range." That movie stunk big time!

Alf
07-10-2004, 01:42 PM
It would be the "Lamest ride in the WILDERNESSSSS

CoasterChickie
07-10-2004, 02:00 PM
It would be the "Lamest ride in the WILDERNESSSSS

(LOL) Yeehaww!

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 02:06 PM
LOL, lame maybe the way disney wants to go until this whole think goes over to yesterlands news

Filbert
07-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Im glad you think like I do DisneyTeen, But not everyone does. I went on that ride like mad when it opened back up, because yes there was Fear there and that made it a little more fun, But also in the back of my mind I knew that the problem was fixed and it was more safe now then the Millions of time i went on it before it Derailed. they opened it back up for a reason, and if it is opened back up again you know that it is safe in the eyes of the testers and the most Anal people of all the Safety people.

Wow, so I guess the possibility of something going wrong adds to the thrill! Maybe so, but as you say you also know the problem was fixed and it's really safe again. But look what just happened!

Seriously, I think it's a really good ride and I think they'll fix it up and it will be just as popular as ever. But I don't think it's a classic.

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Wow, so I guess the possibility of something going wrong adds to the thrill! Maybe so, but as you say you also know the problem was fixed and it's really safe again. But look what just happened!

But I don't think it's a classic.

You dont think its a classic, its an original, classic, and when you go to DL its a ride that always has plenty of people lined up for it. I mean how can you not think its a classic. Im speechless that someone would post such a thing.

And we know that it broke down again, but if you read the whole thread you would relize that the first time it broke was due to computer problems, ok so that is know fixed. But the second time there was an accident it was a MAN MADE ACCIDENT. IF there was another person running the ride the accident may not have occured.

Filbert
07-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Oh well, it's just my opinion. You're right, it is an original that's for sure, and it is popular and it's good. I just don't think it's on a level with the classic Pirate ride or the Mansion or a lot of others they tore down over the years. Like the Grizzly Rapids, it's popular and fun but it's not a classic. (Although Big Thunder is much much better than that.)

About it being a man made accident - what the heck are all those computers for anyway? If the ride operator can push a button at the wrong time and it can hurt people - my word - aren't the computers there to make sure that kind of thing doesn't happen? Aren't they there to over ride the operators if they make a mistake?

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Thats the thing computers are there to do what the operator tells them to do. Sure a computer can do so much and is amazing, it can only do what it is told to. A computer can't think on its own it needs programing. So whent he operator forgot to switch the tracks for the other train to go on the computer just did what it naturally did, it sent the train forward (or however the situation was) but if the responsible operator (CM) was around then they would of pushed the button to tell the train to stop, or switch the tracks for the train.

SCUBAbe
07-10-2004, 04:20 PM
About it being a man made accident - what the heck are all those computers for anyway? If the ride operator can push a button at the wrong time and it can hurt people - my word - aren't the computers there to make sure that kind of thing doesn't happen? Aren't they there to over ride the operators if they make a mistake?

and if the computer mal-functons shouldn't a human be able to override that? So, where does the blame pointing stop? Computers mal-function, humans make errors, going to any amusemant park is a risk. Sure, everything should be safe, but accidents happen and there are no gurantees in life. "the happiest place on earth" is a slogan...many people buy into and feel it's fact, but it is a slogan. I've gone many times and I have not been happy. One day in August we were there for 1 hour and left, because I was VERY unhappy. I have gone many times since and been happy, but happiness is a frame of mind.....ok I'll get back on track, you walk through the tunnels and you "feel" like you're in another world. People make believe they are in a magical place where nothing bad happens. However, you are still in anaheim california. A very real place where good and bad things happen and if you look you can see the smoke and mirrors that convey the magic....or you can just stick your head back in the sand and keep thinking, "this is the happiest place on earth, I'm totally safe and nothing bad ever can happen here." , but thats not realistic and you're setting yourself up for dissapointment.

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 04:25 PM
^ hopefully no little children ever read that post :D