PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks from Main Street

DCACM
07-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Finally saw the new firework show tonight. I did miss some of the lower level castle fireworks, but my biggest complaint is the big tree near Coke/Refreshment Corner. It blocked most of the show, it needs a good prunin'..

CoasterChickie
07-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Finally saw the new firework show tonight. I did miss some of the lower level castle fireworks, but my biggest complaint is the big tree near Coke/Refreshment Corner. It blocked most of the show, it needs a good prunin'..

Do they have fireworks every night during the summer or only on the weekends? What about on Labor Day weekend?

Where do you think the best place is to watch the fireworks?

DCACM
07-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Do they have fireworks every night during the summer or only on the weekends? What about on Labor Day weekend?

Where do you think the best place is to watch the fireworks?

Everynight at approximately 9:25pm. The best palce to watch the show is from Main St just as the street hits the Plaza/Hub.

o0JustOneDream0o
07-10-2004, 05:14 PM
I find that the best place is in the hub, right near the castle... Since most of the pyro is way up in the sky, and off the castle.

cstephens
07-10-2004, 08:27 PM

So, ummm, don't watch the fireworks from a place where the tree will block your view...

Dani24
07-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Try taking the train into Toontown, and watching from there. One of the nights we were there, my SO and I were taking the train around the park, and stopped in Toontown right when the fireworks started. Some of the people got off, and there was a group of people sitting in a very uncrowded Toontown, watching the show. I will warn you though, it's very loud from over there.

DCACM
07-11-2004, 05:52 PM
So, ummm, don't watch the fireworks from a place where the tree will block your view...

So, ummm, maybe I didn't know the fireworks would take place so far left of the castle. All of the other trees were replaced or pruned to provide a better view of the castle and fireworks, looks like they forgot the one. Next time I see the show, I'll pick another spot.

Disney Vault
07-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Why is it that all the fireworks are to the left instead of spread out or at least over the castle?

o0JustOneDream0o
07-11-2004, 07:47 PM
There is not much room backstage to shoot off the pyro, and have the fall out go back into... so they ended up having to make everything go off to the left a bit.

CoasterChickie
07-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the warning that the fireworks lean to the left...I'll remember that when I pick my spot for the next show :) And I'll avoid that tree!