PDA

View Full Version : DCA Refurbs

DisneyBob
07-09-2004, 10:05 PM
I've been wondering...
Why does it seem that DCA attractions are never closed for refurbishment, like they are for DL?
I can't recall there ever being a time when California Screamin' or Soarin' were closed for extended periods of time.
Explanations?
Thanks!

DisneyDustin22
07-09-2004, 10:47 PM
give it time. most rides seem, (and i emphasize "seem") to run fairly smooth in their first few years. granted there are exceptions. but you can already see some wear and tear beginning to take effect in DCA. dirty screen and film on Soarin'. I rode it last weekend and there were patches of dust on the film that were very distracting to the movie. mark my words there will be a day when Soarin will only be operating on 1 side while another refurbs. Much like Maliboomer will be soon. Screamin has had a few probs with sound and what not. So yes, the attractions are beginning to show signs of use, but you have to look at it this way. An attraction that has been running for 3 years, doesnt need the attention as one that has been running for 33 years. (or more)

Darkbeer
07-10-2004, 12:46 AM
California Screamin' has closed for a couple of weeks last year....

Soarin' has had closed down one side or the other multiple times to work on the attraction.....

SCUBAbe
07-10-2004, 10:41 AM
well, next time the closr soarin to work on the attraction they should dust the screen. The snow looks brownish now..:(

Alf
07-10-2004, 10:52 AM
what a shame...I rode it a year ago and it was spectacular..scared the begeezus outta my GF.

Alf
07-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Kinda glad a skipped it this year ;)

sediment
07-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Fewer moving parts. Less water. Less old (Indy's first major refurb after ten years).