PDA

View Full Version : Check this auction out on Ebay......

luvndisneyland
07-09-2004, 04:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16071&item=2255111775&rd=1

Very interesting auction. Isn't it nice of them to mention mouseplanet. LOL :)

Forbin
07-09-2004, 04:17 PM
I like this part

Its just that since i am on vacation in Thailand at this instant the HARD COPY is 10-15 days in coming.

Can I smell Scam?

Alf
07-09-2004, 04:20 PM
I dont get it... do I get that tiny boat that pirate is holding as well?? :fez:

Forbin
07-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Well from checking his history he has been in Thailand for over 2 months yet has sold about 40 different items most of which are memory chips.

Probably you have to go to some Time Share thing to get the cheap tickets.

Lani
07-09-2004, 04:25 PM
What in heaven's name was he selling? I hope this was a joke auction!!

How strange. But not as strange as the eBay auction that sold off a whole kindergarten class of Chinese kids a few years ago, I guess! LOL :D

Forbin
07-09-2004, 04:27 PM
If you look he has sold this same pass for prices between $1 and $7 for the last 2 months. At least 10 times...so either it's really bogus or the people who get it are shills.

RStar
07-09-2004, 04:43 PM
As far as I can tell he is selling information on "how to" get the cheep tickets. It sounds like you go to a time share thing, set some reservations that include discounted or free passes, then because he said it is "shady", I bet you are to cancel the reservations paying the fees after you get the tickets. Just a guess......

Sounds disshonest to me. However it only costs about $5 to find out.

RStar
07-09-2004, 04:45 PM
If you look he has sold this same pass for prices between $1 and $7 for the last 2 months. At least 10 times...so either it's really bogus or the people who get it are shills.
Interestingly, everyone who buys them all say "great info. but haven't tried it yet." I wish someone would leave feedback afterwards, or do a followup to let us know if it works! Not that I would do it mind you......

And he isn't selling the pass, just the info on how to get it. He makes that very clear.

I have a feeling someone will catch on and make it impossible to do this much longer.

Photographer
07-09-2004, 04:56 PM
What on Earth??????

rentayenta
07-09-2004, 04:58 PM
I would never give that dude my credit card/bank account info. That's probably how he has funded his 2 month vacation.

If he is getting an AP for $90, I bet he is telling the buyer to upgrade their park hopper when they get to the park. That would cost about $90. :eek:

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Im not really sure what this seller is trying to promote or sell but if rest assure if it is illegal or hurting Disney, Disney will shut down his auction soon enough

splashmtngurl
07-09-2004, 07:11 PM
it looks like he is trying to buy a annual pass and sell it but i think it is a scam. mostly because you cant buy a annual pass without your name on it! if you ask me he just really clever and anyone who buys from him is one heck of an idiot!

splashmtngurl
07-09-2004, 07:13 PM
for some reason he also reminds me of a swashbucler lol, perhaps a lil like....our good friend jacksparrow! he looks like he belongs in the pirates of the carribean ride with that get up! :)

cstephens
07-09-2004, 10:59 PM
mostly because you cant buy a annual pass without your name on it!

Actually, yes you can. You can buy a voucher for an AP, which doesn't have your name on it. You don't get the actual AP card until you have it processed, which then would require someone's name. Makes it very convenient when you're buying an AP as a gift.

But that being said, I browsed his ad and have no idea what he's actually selling. I really don't understand the link he put in for MousePlanet. Don't know why he'd think that would help him since MousePlanet isn't endorsing his services or auction.

annemerson
07-09-2004, 11:35 PM
( LOL) That's too funny! Is he selling the little ship? Does it come inside a glass bottle ? Maybe he can just slap a label on it and float it across the ocean to his customers! (That guy looks just like the guy who was the mascot at my high school back in 1981!)

miss bianca
07-10-2004, 04:17 PM
If he is getting an AP for $90, I bet he is telling the buyer to upgrade their park hopper when they get to the park. That would cost about $90. :eek:

Thats what I was thinking. The time share people probably give you an adult 5-day parkhopper w/ a value of $184.00. Then you upgrade to the Premium Annual Passport for $279.00. Difference of $95.00. :)

So there - save your $$.

disNeytEen
07-10-2004, 04:34 PM
i thought he was going to sell me the ocean. It'll be funny when people go to mouseplanet, find this thread, and if they paid they'll be :mad: :mad: :mad:

Forbin
07-10-2004, 09:51 PM
OMG Miss Bianca you hit it on the head! That makes a TON of sense...get a 5 day hopper (Which is possible) and then upgrade...LOL!