PDA

View Full Version : In contrast to the naysayers...

King of the Frogs
07-08-2004, 03:01 PM
In my humble opinion, Disneyland has progressed amazingly well over the past year. New management has imbued TDA with a good sense of fear - "do it right or get out!"

As for the occasional light bulb and chipped paint - you try running 40,000 people through your house each day and tell me what the carpets and lamps look like after the first 2 days. It will not be pretty.

As for safety - stil the best in the business. Yes, they've had some accidents, and yes, they could have been avoided. Will anything similar to those happen again? Resounding no.

As for ride quality - want rollercoasters from hell? There are parks for that. Want slow quiet rides on the Rivers? Disneyland. Want a new cheap ride every 3 years - there are parks for that, too. Want a $100 million investment in a new "E Ticket" every so often? Disneyland. Want to be able to see a steam train chuff by at random, with a bunch of smiling faces? Disneyland.

And, last but by no means least - Want to see a child's face explode in joy when he first walks through the gate? Disneyland. Period.

So, if you want to complain, at least be very, very specific. If you see a burned out light - tell the nearest CM or security. If you notice some chipped paint, post it here - probably takes 30 seconds from post to TDA email. If you want to see a specific ride or upgrade or whatever, post it here. Probably takes 60 seconds from here to WDI email.

Off to House of Mouse now....

Alf
07-08-2004, 03:16 PM
*clap* *clap* *clap* I agree... Theme parks that lack theme are just parks! shame on you six flags!

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 04:35 PM
lol i agree. from my point of view i would have to say that i think all of the things that have happened to DL over the years have been a growing/learning expierience for Disney and well.....i think DL is still great...so yeah lol! but well said king of the frogs, i totally agree with u!

Tigertail777
07-08-2004, 10:40 PM
As for safety - stil the best in the business. Yes, they've had some accidents, and yes, they could have been avoided. Will anything similar to those happen again? Resounding no.

umm do I even need to say anything after the latest accident? :crying:

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-08-2004, 10:59 PM
umm do I even need to say anything after the latest accident? :crying:

The most recent event at Disneyland Park. Is quite different then the previous iccident that a toll on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, therefore Disney has not "repeated" a mistake as you claim.

Concerning the initial post....
I think it is awsome that we are seeing some postive feedback from mouseplanet posters. Disney is trying since the new installment of management to improve the park itself while preparing for its biggest celebration ever. I feel the improvements of Disneyland Resort have been spectacular with the new vision of the resort president. I dont think the initial poster could have been more on the dot of what needed to be said. Way to go! :)

Esmerelda
07-09-2004, 12:18 AM
So, if you want to complain, at least be very, very specific. If you see a burned out light - tell the nearest CM or security. If you notice some chipped paint, post it here - probably takes 30 seconds from post to TDA email. If you want to see a specific ride or upgrade or whatever, post it here. Probably takes 60 seconds from here to WDI email.

I soooo agree with you!! Actually, if you notice a problem I would actually send an email directly to Disney or stop by trusty ole' City Hall if you have time. As a CM, I can tell you that there is not a whole lot we can do about maintenence issues (sad but true...)and I have found that suggestions and the like are usually much more effective when coming from a guest. Just my $.002!

Remember to see DL for what it is: a place to have fun and make life a little better and more bearable for all of us. :D

dasrock
07-09-2004, 12:49 AM
:) :)

Photographer
07-09-2004, 05:40 AM
I can't wait to see how much Disneyland has progressed since my last visit in February. From the photos I've seen and the posts online, Matt's leading the way and making everything look grand.

Hip hip hooray!

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-09-2004, 06:35 PM
I can't wait to see how much Disneyland has progressed since my last visit in February. From the photos I've seen and the posts online, Matt's leading the way and making everything look grand.

Hip hip hooray!

Yes he has done magnificent things so far, very active in the cast events. Hes been seen all over cast tv and he has made guest interaction. He is making a close relationship with the park so that he does his job to the best of his magnificent abilities.

sediment
07-09-2004, 07:38 PM

Hip hip hooray!
Hey, that's CAST MEMBER MATT. Say it loud, say it proud.
(This has been a message from the Cast Member Matt Foundation.)

Photographer
07-10-2004, 07:35 AM
Hey, that's CAST MEMBER MATT. Say it loud, say it proud.
(This has been a message from the Cast Member Matt Foundation.)

A thousand apologies. LOL

sediment
07-10-2004, 11:59 AM
I was in a mood. I apologize as well.

BTMMR seems to need a full-time engineer/mechanic/whatever to keep an eye on the ride.
Moving parts wear out. It only takes a little out-of-whackness to break something.