PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Fastpass?

kristinhawk
07-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know if this still exists?

DH and I went to D-land in Feb 03 and purchased our vacation package through Disney travel. One of the huge bonuses of this was that we got unlimited fastpass. We were able to ride pretty much everything with no wait - we'd go get a ton of fastpasses, sit and eat lunch or whatever, and then walk on 8-10 major attractions all in a row. We plan to go do D-land again in November for our DD's first birthday, but I don't see any information anymore on the website about unlimited fastpass.

Anyone know if there still is such a thing as unlimited fastpass, and how do you obtain tickets that have this feature?

Many thanks.

Kristin

SCUBAbe
07-08-2004, 02:00 PM
I think of the trip is purchased through AAA it comes with unlimited fast pass.

Goofy'sDad
07-08-2004, 02:16 PM
It does exist but you have to by a AAA Hotel/Admission package from AAA. See DarkBeer's great Fastpass FAQ and the related discussion here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28310&highlight=Fast+Pass)

Pat-n-Eil
07-08-2004, 02:31 PM
True.. You must book into a Disney property (Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian or the Paradise Pier Hotel) and you must do it through AAA. That's what I did for our most recent trip. I did it through the CSAA website. The screens look remarkably similar to those used on the Disney website when you make a reservation. Hmmmm...

The FastPasses themselves actually state that they are AAA Special Enhanced FastPasses.

I have a question. Do Annual Passholders get the enhanced FastPass too? A Castmember told my son that they did.

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 04:32 PM
as far as i know you can ONLY get it through the AAA travel package! i dont think the oark or any other hotels or vacation packages offer them...a little bit of a bummer isnt it?

Darkbeer
07-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Annual PassHolders do NOT get the "enhanced" FastPasses, but many AP holders know which machines are disconnected, which allows you to get additional FP's... see the link in Post 3 for all the information.....

kristinhawk
07-09-2004, 07:40 AM
Ok - so the only way to get unlimited fastpass is through AAA. Got it.

My second question is, has anyone booked through AAA before and how are the prices? I was planning Nov 3-7 at the Disneyland Hotel. With 5-day park hoppers it came to just around $1000 for two adults, and a 1 year old. Other people (family) will be meeting us there - can I book for them, or would they need to join AAA too?

Anyways, I feel it would be worth it to spend the $50 to join AAA for the unlimited fastpass, but not if the overall cost is going to be significantly higher. And you can't search the website for prices until after you ante up. So - does anyone have experience with booking through AAA, is cost higher/lower than disney travel, etc. Thanks : )

cmpeter
07-09-2004, 08:52 AM
We were going to book through AAA a year ago...we weren't members, but still factoring in joining AAA, I think we would have save $100-$200. In the end, I didn't end up doing it...waited too long, the AAA lady I was dealing with wasn't that easy to work with and I really didn't want to join.

Darkbeer
07-09-2004, 09:11 AM
The AAA packages are handled by the Walt Disney Travel Company. Their deal has the packages labeled AAA Travel instead of WDTC, and gets lower pricing.....

pisces
07-10-2004, 12:22 PM
I just booked my (Dec 27-Jan 2) reservations through AAA, and I am quite pleased so far.

That being said, I didn't purchase the Package with the Unlimited Fast Passes. I had the Reservationist price things, and considering that time of year, and the expense of the GC Hotel, we decided it would be cheaper without the Package ----just gettting the good AAA rate on the Hotel alone, and then purchasing the Park Hopper tickets separately.

I'm sure that Christmas-New Years week will be the most crowded week of the whole year, and considering I've not been to Disneyland in 25 years; I really had to think twice about foregoing the Unlimited Fast Passes.

In the end, I decided saving money, on an already expensive trip, was more important than getting the Unlimited Fast Passes.

I just figured 7 days ought to give me time to ride everything, crowds or no crowds, going through the normal lines. Besides, the only rides that I'm truly excited about are Matterhorn and Splash. I'm there more for the atmosphere and food!

In any case, I highly recommend going through AAA, package or no package!