PDA

View Full Version : How should he ask her? [proposal at DL]

mel g
07-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Hello everyone,

My very good friend is about to be asked to be married. Her man is taking her to Disneyland, which she loves, and it will be his first time ever to the park. He wants help in planning how he should ask her. I was thinking maybe after a day at the park, her could ask her over/after dinner at the Napa Rose. Is there anything special they can do or arrange? Does anyone have any other ideas? They will be in the park Sept 28-Oct 2nd I believe, so Fantasmic will not be playing. I had thought about getting the balcony seating for them....

Please let my know your ideas as well as any phone #'s I may need to call to arrange things. I am trying to plan this from Canada, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Mel :)

07-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Mel, just ask her in the most sincere and simple way. It's the sentiment and intention that matter, not the trappings.

My .02, that's all.

disNeytEen
07-08-2004, 10:39 AM
I agree it dosen't have to buy all fireworks and amazment. Just as long as its nice, sincere, and beautiful then it should work.
They could be walking into Disneyland and right before the turnstiles he could turn around get down on one knee and do it there. Or do it before they enter the tunnel. Just simple, but beautiful

cstephens
07-08-2004, 11:15 AM
mel g - FYI, this subject has been brought up before, so I thought it might be useful for you to see what others have said previously. Here's a thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=548), here's another thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=25773), here's another thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=20452), and here's another thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=19633).

Hope that helps!

DisneyDustin22
07-08-2004, 01:15 PM
if he wants to have it be fairytale like or what not, he could do it on the draw bridge to the castle when its all lit up, that is, if its not covered in scaffolding during that time. =) theres so many ways you could do that in disneyland, im sure he will find something meaningfull

kristinhawk
07-08-2004, 01:52 PM
I've seen tons of very sweet proposals at the wishing well outside of cinderella's castle.

Me, I got engaged in a car outside a shopping mall at 20 years old. 10 years later, I still love the guy to pieces, but I still kinda wish it was a better story...

Kristin :)

Zigen
07-08-2004, 02:58 PM
I would do it in the Disneyland hotel's gazebo, at night, after walking thru the waterfalls, thru the koi ponds, and after the not to fancy but still cute water show. I think you could even contact the hotel (if your a guest) and set up some flowers/candles or something in the gazebo and have it held for you that night. It would be nice and private there at night. Then afterwards (if she says yes) the hotel room isn't that far away! There are even some very nice resturants at the hotel you could ask her at too if you didnt want to do it outside.

If I were to ask in Disneyland, it would be at ariels grotto. As the water is shooting over head, I would kneel and pretend to duck under the shooting water, then give her the talk of how much you love her etc etc, pull out the ring, and ask. Not 100% sure how well lit up at night this place is, but if it's nicely lit up at night, it would be a nice place to ask.

I havent been to napa, I guess it would be nice, but im sure it's been done there before. I'm just trying to be original.

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 04:21 PM
during the fireworks show would be a good time.........

uvsc_wolverine
07-08-2004, 06:50 PM
during the fireworks show would be a good time.........

I haven't seen the new fireworks show yet, but I have a very funny image playing through my head.

GUY (down on knee): Will you [BOOOOOM]?
GIRL: What?
GUY: Will [BOOOM] arry [LOUD MUSIC]?
GIRL: What about Larry?
GUY: No, will you m[BOOOM]arry me?
GIRL: No, I won't carry you. Why would I do that?
GUY (shouting, just as fireworks endand things get quiet): WILL YOU MARRY ME?!?!?!
The entire crowd turns around and stares at the couple, waiting to hear the answer.
GIRL (now extremely embarrased): Oh, um, yeah, sure.

You've gotta picture this happening on Main Street and it's pretty funny.

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 06:53 PM
yeah i guess, but the firewroks arent that loud! i was just picturing the background....

KeithOfTerror
07-09-2004, 07:34 AM
I would reccomend the Tower of Terror...if she says yes, you're "Taking the Plunge!" And if she says no she plummets to her doom.

Obviously that was a joke, and a bad one to boot.

splashmtngurl
07-09-2004, 09:01 AM
lol.....cant you just picture that one?

Guy:er...i was wondering would u....(ride drops)
Girl: SCREAMS!!!!
Guy: i was wondering would mar...
Girl: woah did you see that?
Guy: look i was really wondering if you would like to marry...
Girl:OMG I THINK WERE GOING TO DROP AGAIN....
Guy: WILL YOU MARRY ME?
Girl: SCREAMS (either from drop or shock)

and well probably wouldnt get his answer till after the magical moment. :P i know it was a joke but still..........lol

Dani24
07-10-2004, 09:04 PM
I've seen tons of very sweet proposals at the wishing well outside of cinderella's castle.

When we were there on Tuesday night, my SO and I saw a guy propose to his GF right in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Very sweet!

I wanted to nudge my boyfriend and say "give you any ideas?" :)

CoasterChickie
07-10-2004, 09:13 PM
"Sha la la la la la , my oh my, yeah yeah yeah , he's gotta kiss the girl" (after he proposes and she asks that is!) If he does it at dinner tell him not to order Sebastian, I mean crab :)

StuDeedooo
07-10-2004, 11:20 PM
go and have fun the first time out. Hold off til the holidays and wait for the Christmas stuff to go up. Then park her by the tree on Main Street and find out if its your worst Christmas ever, or a Holiday you'll never forget!