PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Goofy's Kitchen and other character dining menus

Hakuna Makarla
07-08-2004, 07:51 AM
can a person find menu's for goofy's? I tried a search but came up blank. No biggie, just wanted to know if it was always the same at each meal, and if they have special nights ( here all the resturants compete on fridays and have shrimp, crab etc. Just curious ( yum!

DisneylandForever
07-08-2004, 07:55 AM
This may not be the complete menu, but this was on the main Disney site:

Rub elbows with Goofy and his pals at this winningly whimsical buffet with many inventive culinary surprises. Goofy's Kitchen is a great place to throw birthday parties too, so if you are celebrating a big day, be sure and come party Disney-style! Plenty of great choices for kids of all ages, including:

Mickey Mouse shaped waffles
Breakfast lasagna
Peanut butter & jelly pizza!
Goofy's Hot Chocolate Cake
Don't forget to bring your cameras to take a souvenir snapshot of your Gawrsh-darn favorite Disney Character

Cuisine Type:
American, Vegetarian, Healthy Selections

Dining Category:
Character

Meals Served:
Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner

Priority Seating Info:
Priority Seating is recommended and can be made in person for this location on a limited basis. Priority Seating can also be arranged in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE, or (714) 781-3463.

Payment Type:
American Express, JCB, MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card

nursemelis374
07-08-2004, 08:16 AM
If you look on this site under the trip planning, you will be able to find a link to restaurants and their menus. I think that many people on here would suggest eating at the Blue Bayou, even though it is not character dining, it is a classic Disneyland place to eat.

rentayenta
07-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Karla, Goofy's kitchen has a lot on their buffet:

Mickey waffles
Mickey chicken nuggets
a great omelette bar
ham
a carved roast, possibly prime rib
salmon
mac n cheese
fresh fruits
assorted danishes, muffins and pastries
bacon
sausage
asparagus
roasted potatoes
desserts galore
french toast
pizza

I know there is more...the above is offered during breakfast so they may alter the choices for dinner.

Hakuna Makarla
07-08-2004, 03:15 PM
we made reservations for brunch, and 2 dinners. I tired to find menu's but to no avail. Guess I will just take your word its great! thanks

cstephens
07-09-2004, 10:17 AM
I have a review posted from brunch on Easter this year, and I've got the food items listed. Here's the link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/goofyskitchen041104.html) in case you're interested.

Hakuna Makarla
07-09-2004, 02:15 PM
excelent review! and boy a lot of food! are these standard brunches, or just for Easter? boy I am hungry already! thank you so much for the link! :)

cstephens
07-09-2004, 04:59 PM
It wasn't my understanding that they did anything special to the menu because of Easter.

rentayenta
07-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Karla, I would try the Blue Bayou also. No characters but such ambiance. I know you have a 3 y/o. My almost 3 y/o loved sitting by the water.

Just stay away fron the Mcdonald's in DCA. You can get a Happy Meal for the low price of $5.99.

We had breakfast in the DLH a few years back. It was a character one. Belle and Gaston were there. They sang and it was really cute. Can someone fill in the blanks for me?

cstephens
07-09-2004, 05:11 PM
The only character meal at the DLH is Goofy's Kitchen, but since you mention Belle and Gaston, that sounds more like a breakfast we had at Minnie and Friends in the PCH Grill restaurant in the Paradise Pier Hotel several years ago. I remember it being OK. Our recent trips to PCH Grill for brunch have been getting worse and worse, so we've stopped going.

disneynut
07-09-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm betting it was the character breakfast at PP. Minnie's something or the other. I've never eaten there (can't break the Goofy Kitchen habit I've formed:rolleyes: ) but from what I've heard others talk about it, Belle and Gaston are two of the characters that are present there.

rentayenta
07-10-2004, 06:16 AM
I think you guys are right. It has been 5 years.

Karla, you are at the parks for 3 days right? Stay away from The Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. The scenery is cool but the food is akin to Denny's and it's pricey for the quality. The service is also less than decent. We went last year so if it has improved maybe someone can let us know. I really want to like it.

I can't wait to go to DLR with my friend who's a first timer. Make sure you come back and report all the details.

Hakuna Makarla
07-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi rentayenta ( I love that name!! )

I will be there 4 days, but only 3 in disneyland DCA then off to knotts ( maybe or shopping for the day :) ) Then off to san diego. I am rethinking the goofy kitchen 3 times as I am afraid my boy will not eat at all lol! anything that takes his attention away for 1 second stops him from eating the whole meal! So goofys only once, and that will be brunch. We might as well have a quick bagel at our motel, then enjoy the park some before sitting down to brunch that will fill the kids until a late dinner. we are planning to have pizza and such at the motel later in the evenings so we can get as much in as we can. so will eat at our motel breakfast, late lunches in the park, and even try tony roma's. Hope this place is good :) or mimi's or millie's? my 3 year old is not a sit down kind of kid, he wants to keep moving and I am not going to be paying the prices of all the fancy resturants in the park so he can drive me nuts crying because he does not want to stay any more then 5 minutes. I figure if he does do this at the out side resturants ( out side the park) we can go back to the motel to finish our meals .I do not really get to sit much in a resturant in my home town so trying at a buisy and destractiong place like disneyland is way over all our heads where he is concerned.! He gets to destracted and does not want to sit let alone eat :0 My plan is to not spend a bundle on meals, and shop for school cloths and bargins for all the kids. In my town, a bargin is something that did not sell for 2 years and is 10 % off ! I want to shop shop shop :)

rentayenta
07-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Karla, I agree with not doing Goofy's 3 times in one trip. If you are wanting pizza, Rocket Redd's (I might have the name backwards) in Tomorrowland has great pizza and pasta. The portions are huge. My hubby and I usually get one pasta, salad and two slices of pizza to share between the five of us. My kids are good eaters too. If you get a kids meal they come in these really cute Mickey shaped bowls that you can bring home as a souvenir. They are dishwasher safe if put on the top shelf. We ordered one kids meal and asked for two extra bowls so that each of the kids could have one. They use these for lunch at home almost daily. Just a cute and free souvenir idea :)

Mimi's Cafe has good food too. The portions there are big also. They have a stuffed french toast that is to die for and easily enough for two people.

There is always McDonald's and the like but we try to stay away from places that we could eat when we are at home.

In New Orleans Square (I forgot the name of the restaurant) they have a fried chicken meal that comes with 3 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes and a roll. I will get this and a salad and share it with the kids.

Once I got past the idea of not having to stuff myself at every meal, not only did I start saving $ but I lost a few pounds too.

;)

Hakuna Makarla
07-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Once I got past the idea of not having to stuff myself at every meal, not only did I start saving $ but I lost a few pounds too.

You are so right! I have skinny kids, and I lost 73 pounds as of today so the last thing I am going there for it to pig out. Oh, yes I plan on bringing some candies home for me and the old folks, but I also plan on not gaining in 7 days what took me 4 months to get off! I want to enjoy the goodies, with out having to stuff my self. in my city we have 1 dennys, one mcdonald and burger king and 2 other resturants that are bars. oh and a wnedy's . I think mimi's and moms, and millies will be pretty fancy to us LOL! and besides, we are so lookin g forward to buying some cool wear, and not getting to fat to wear them :)
My 9 year old loves fashion, so I want to make her birthday ( September 1st ) fun with a cloth shopping trip where she can acually buy some cool stuff. Our biggest store here is walmart! Just to see the beautiful city, the sites and sounds will make our whole vacation! This is what we have to look at out side our window every day! look at my avatar, this is the berkley pit. This picture was taken several years ago, todaY its almost full and predicted to spill out over the bottom part of town yikes! I live here because my parents are to old to move now and I care for them, boy I wish I was some where else!!
what a scary site to look at every day heh!

rentayenta
07-10-2004, 01:13 PM
73 pounds, Congrats!!! That's fantastic. That's the side effect of losing weight they don't tell you about; as your butt shrinks, your wallet grows :fez:

That pit looks depressing. I'm sorry you have to live near that.

You appear to be a great caregiver and I hope your family is greatful to have you so close.

Have fun shopping in So. Cal.

Are you renting a car?

Hakuna Makarla
07-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Ain't that the truth LOL! I have had to buy 2 sizes of cloths and have more to lose. The pits when I let my self go. Now I want to look better but can I afford to LOL! Thanks for the nice words, I do care for my family, and also for a handicapped nephew I care for every day of the week. ( 40 hours) I now have another bouncing baby grandson I am raising, and will be fighting to keep him now to. I have had him on and off since birth,( when mom and dad decide they do not want to be parents) so I have decided not to let them be the parents any more since he does not know who to call mom any more. I did not include him in my disneyland package because I was in between having him and they would not agree if I should take him or not,I will take him next time we go, and this time he will go with my sister and her children for the week and have a good time with them. I would take him, but I am not sure what to expect in california with me and the other 2 kids. I figure 2 babies would drive me over the edge. He is 2( just turned it a few months ago and I do not want to pack for another stroller, diapers bags etc.One 3 year old and nine year old for me is enough this trip. I kind of feel bad, but on the other hand I do not want to be stressed, and I want to enjoy this trip. My son Beau is handful enough. I still have to lug the stroller with us, and try to fit all our things into one giant bag. camera's, and of course the extra duffles for those treasures we find there. So on the way back home I bet we have 5 bags on the plane :) 1 stroller, and very tired kids.

rentayenta
07-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Your family is lucky to have you.

You deserve to have the most wonderful trip!

Don't feel bad because the 2 y/o wouldn't remember if he went anyways. He'll be in good hands while you are away. Two babies would be alot to handle alone at DL. I took my girls once when they were one and three and wanted to die. It was rough.

Knott's is fun too. I haven't been in years though. We never seem to make it when we visit home.

I don't know if you will have a car but if you do try and make it to the beach. The beaches in So Cal are the best. Huntington is fantastic and there is a lot of shopping too ;)

Hakuna Makarla
08-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey there its me again, so tell me what time is the least crowded and the best time enjoy this delight with my kids? Interaction is cool, but we want to also not fight crowds etc. Thanks much

P.S. I see where I was not going to gain a pound there at disneyland, yeah right! today I have the munchies so bad I could go thru the park and eat everything there LOL! I am just going to enjoy my self and take it as it comes :)

rentayenta
08-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Because Disneyland is magical I figure everything is fat free as well ;) I won't even fool myself into thinking I might diet while there. It will be hot and you won't want to stuff yourself anyway and remember you'll be walking a ton!!

Pookie
08-06-2004, 06:39 PM
We just returned a couple of weeks ago and ate at Goofy's kitchen. We made our reservations for 1:20 pm. This was less crowded for us because we were one of the last to be seated. As people left no one else sat down. Had lots of interaction with the characters, and they even came back to our table a few times.

I also have a 3 year old, and she didn't eat anything except a few gummy worms. I would only go one time to experience it.

SmashFan
08-06-2004, 06:49 PM
The scenery is cool but the food is akin to Denny's and it's pricey for the quality. The service is also less than decent. We went last year so if it has improved maybe someone can let us know. I really want to like it.

Hi, i had lunch at Rainforest Cafe a couple of weeks ago and i can say the service has improved a lot. Although, the food still on par with that of dennys.