PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon at Disneyland

bassett1976
07-07-2004, 08:36 PM
The lovely Mrs. Bassett & I just returned from the DLR for part of our honeymoon. We stayed at the Carousel Inn. The room was fairly nice but we were not impressed with the service.

During our trip we wore the Mickey Top Hat with ears (Mr. Bassett) and the Minnie ears with veil (Mrs. Bassett). During the times we wore our hats we were greeted by many different people. Cast members would say congratulations to the both of us and ask us if we had just gotten engaged or married. Many asked us when the big day was. During our visit we felt that many of the cast members bent over backwards to help make our visit more memorable. One day we went on Splash Mountain where we were given our own log. We also got some preferential seating at the Blue Boyou.

Pictures in the Park
After a visit to the Main Street Photo shop one cast member gave us the suggestion to come into the park early the next morning and head up to toon town. During that morning we arrived at the front gate before opening. We managed to get a picture in front of the castle with no one in the background. After we headed over to the entrance to toon town we were able to get some great pictures with some of the characters. Our favorite picture was with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. During this picture shoot the DLR photographer was trying to get me to tell Mickey the best way to propose. It was funny watching Mickey trying to change the subject without using words. We also got a picture with Goofy in front of its A Small World. Afterwards we headed over to Critter Country where we got a picture with Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger. I was a little taken back by Tigger trying to take my wife’s wedding ring off... The fun part of the whole picture-taking thing was feeling like we were 8 years old going to Disneyland for the first time. :)

Food in the DLR
During our trip we ate at our favorite places like the Pizza Port (My favorite) and Hungry Bear (Mrs. Bassett's favorite). We also made reservations at the Blue Boyou and requested a river front table. After about a 15-20 minute wait we were seated in the middle of the riverfront. It was quite the experience. Then the last night we were there we ate at the Napa Rose and had a wonderful dinner and an experience of a lifetime.

The fun part was being able to stay in the park late, walk back to the hotel and get into the park early the next morning. Nothing like being able to walk onto rides without waiting. The hardest part was trying to ignore our bodies need for rest and having to come home.

Niwel
07-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Welcome back newlyweds ... that sounds like a wonderful trip!

MouseWife
07-07-2004, 11:37 PM
That sounds like a wonderfully fun way to start off your journey together!!

Thank you for sharing!

stan4d_steph
07-08-2004, 05:19 AM
...Then the last night we were there we ate at the Napa Rose and had a wonderful dinner and an experience of a lifetime. Congratulations to you both!

I love Napa Rose! I've only eaten appetizers and had drinks in the lounge area. What did you have?

MammaSilva
07-08-2004, 07:29 AM
What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing :) and congratulations!

mad4mky
07-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Congratulations on your marriage.
And what a fun place to spend your honeymoon...Disneyland!! (I did my honeymoon at DL as well...waaaayyyyy back in ....1997! ;) ).

Thanks for sharing your honeymoon with us! :D

bassett1976
07-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Congratulations to you both!

I love Napa Rose! I've only eaten appetizers and had drinks in the lounge area. What did you have?

We had an appetizer but I can't remember the name. It had two shrimp, two beef ribs and two chicken strips. Then we both had the filet minon for our main course. Both of which were very good! :D

mystycalchyk
07-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Thats so wonderful..Congratulations on your new marriage. Many hopes and wishes for a beautiful life together.

We had a similar experience when we were there for our honeymoon. We also wore the top hat ears and veil ears. Everyone congratulated us and we were given our own boat on POTC (instead of Splash ;) )

There are definately cast members who still have that Disney spirit and make it a wonderful place. Thanks for sharing :)

cstephens
07-08-2004, 11:11 AM
We had an appetizer but I can't remember the name. It had two shrimp, two beef ribs and two chicken strips.

Ahh, that would be the Sizzling Beach Rock. Definitely on our list of things to try whenever we finally get to the lounge for a meal.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

annemerson
07-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Awww, the romance...may you live happily ever after!! :)

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Congratulations on your new marriage and a magical trip to the Disneyland Resort. Im so glad you found our cast members to be helpful and accomidating just as the founder Walt Disney himself would have wanted you treated. hopefully we will have you back here in Anaheim as soon as you have a little one to share the magic with if not sooner! :D

BigAlH
07-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Congrats! We spent our honeymoon there 16 years ago - although we were poor college students and stayed another hotel.

It's a blast now taking our kids!