PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's New Groove -How about a ride?!

annemerson
07-07-2004, 06:12 PM
The Emperor's New Groove is one of my family's favorite Disney flicks. If you've seen it, then you've seen the part where the characters zoom down in a cart to the basement and arrive wearing different clothes. Wouldn't it be awesome if Disneyland had a "scary" ride where you zoomed all over the place in those carts? There could even be a spot where they make it look like you're wearing different clothes or make it look like you're a llama (just like they make it look like there's a ghost riding with you on the Haunted Mansion ride) Does anyone know if there's a website where you can submit your requests/ideas for rides?

Forbin
07-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Probably part of the 3rd park that never happened.

If Disney follows through, they will make a Nemo ride for Subs first I think.

DisneyDustin22
07-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Great idea! Emperors New Groove is one of my fav animated movies. That and Aladdin. Im surprised we havent seen a dark ride for aladdin yet. I know they have the carpets in WDW. but thats just another Dumbo in my opinion. Has anyone ever been to the old DisneyQuests that used to be around? They had a virtual aladdin ride through the streets of Agrabah on the magic carpet. It was a lot of fun. even a motion ride designed around that could be fun. have it be interactive with animatronics that pop from the walls or even a projected genie that could interact with the audience during the ride. similar to the projected pooh in that ride when he is dreaming. im sure the same technology could be used to animate a character and move it around the room.

myron61090
07-08-2004, 03:06 AM
spolers in the suggestion

ample warning

for the"inro" of the ride, during the slowpart, they could perhaps either introduce the story or make it a slow ride to travel to the house of that shepherd guy. then the lift part would be when kuzko tries to escape, the first drop (naturally) being the waterfalls, accentuating into the yzma chase scene (complete with signs for that resto they visited) then the climax of the ride could be the cool path-to-the-lab thing then the whole chase around the kingdom, finally ending with s quick pass through the water-park/conclusion part.... see they can even make it a wet ride if they intend it for a water-park!

annemerson
07-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Okay, I'm new to this so I don't know...did I say something I shouldn't have said about the Haunted Mansion ride? Is that what you meant by "Spoiler?"
I love all your ideas for an "Emperor's New Groove" ride, by the way! :D

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
i think they would be better off with making an atlantis ride or nemo ride where the subs were then making a emporers new groove ride. i mean if they did it would most likley be a cheap dark ride and i dont think that that movie was a huge hit....at least not for me...

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Great idea and vision for the Disney Company... I see an imagineer before us now... And although Disney will probably choose other options for upcoming attractions dreaming and inovative ideas are always great to have... Its what our great park Disneyland and the entire disney company is built on.

myron61090
07-12-2004, 02:10 AM
Okay, I'm new to this so I don't know...did I say something I shouldn't have said about the Haunted Mansion ride? Is that what you meant by "Spoiler?"
I love all your ideas for an "Emperor's New Groove" ride, by the way! :D

if this is because i put "spoilers in the warning", thats because i couldve possibly spoiled the movie with MY suggestions haha...... sorry for the confusion :D

annemerson
07-12-2004, 09:38 AM
thats because i couldve possibly spoiled the movie with MY suggestions haha...... sorry for the confusion :D

Oh okay..thanks. :)

The zipline through Fantasyland would be good although it might take away some of Tinkerbell's Magic. It would also be fun if they'd let other people climb the Matterhorn but then Mickey wouldn't be the star. But a ropes course and zip line over in DCA would be fun.

Driving to work this morning I thought of a Cruella DeVil bumpercard ride. They could have liitle miniature sedans like the one she drove inside a huge garage painted with scenes from 101 Dalmatians.