PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Carousel Inn

jrsharp21
07-07-2004, 05:52 PM
For the people who have stayed at the Carousel Inn what are your opinions? I have heard mixed reviews. It will only be a short stay (2 nights) and I wanted to know if it worth booking here or finding another hotel.

CarlieB
07-07-2004, 06:30 PM
For 2 nights I think it would be fine. We stayed there last year in November, and it was perfectly okay. The main plus is that it's very close to the DL entrance - just a couple of minutes walk away. I didn't like it as much as the other hotels I've stayed in (Howard Johnson & the Anabella), but I didn't dislike it either.

Hakuna Makarla
07-07-2004, 06:51 PM
We staying at the carousel in August. we plan on staying 4 days there and to me it looked great, and had nice reviews. when do you plan on going? I can tell you if I go before you, we go August 24th thru the 28th

bassett1976
07-07-2004, 07:44 PM
I just got back from staying at the Carousel Inn with my wife. We stayed from July 3-7 for our honeymoon. The room was nice, simply decorated. The rooms have a refridge and a small microwave and two queen beds. We stayed on the fifth floor and it was fairly quiet. You will hear people getting breakfast in the morning and the occasional person walking back to their room at night.

The service was lacking a little. We ended up calling the front desk 3 times about replacing the battery in the smoke detector. We also had to almost drag the people in to make up our room on two different days.

Overall, it was nice but I don't think we will be back. The location can't be beat but with so many places to try that are just as close, we will try something new next time.

DisneylandForever
07-08-2004, 05:59 AM
I love it. I've stayed there a few times, and I've never had any problems. The beds are comfortable, and I love having a fridge & microwave (for those after the park closes 7/11 trips!) - The location is great and the prices are usually reasonable. It is not the best hotel on the strip, but IMO it is the best out of the 2 stars.

A previous padder said the HoJo was better. While I do agree with this, it is a bit further of a walk (not too bad tho'), and it tends to be more expensive. If the prices were the same I think I would actually prefer the HoJo, even if it is about a block farther!