PDA

View Full Version : Alice Gets An Outside Make-Over...

GoldenEars
07-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I was at Disneyland last night (July 6th) with my guy, and saw that the Alice attraction was open again. So we decided to go on it and check to see if anything new was done to it.

The inside of the attraction didn't look much different. If anything, they may have painted to make some of the scenes look more bright. But it was the outside area (in the cue) that really caught my eye immediately! They added quite a few lamps in the shape of open & closed flowers throughout the cue area. They're done in bright, pastel colors and are very noticeable!

It looks GREAT and is a terrific improvement to the outside attraction. I also noticed a new White Rabbit statue in the garden area that adds a nice touch as well. They also re-did the cue area a little...probably due to the added flower lamps they have now. I'll see what it looks like during the day today when I go later this afternoon, but at night, it really looks pretty now!

Go check it out and tell me what you think about it. It's refreshing to see that Disney is adding some special touches again to certain attractions throughout the Park. Let's hope this continues with others as well.

Patrick :D

PS Just for the record, Alice has always been my favorite Fantasyland attraction since I was a child. :)

Laserman
07-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Will be in DL in Aug will look at Alices makeover Thanks :rolleyes: :)

07-09-2004, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the report, DisneNut. Sounds great!

spectromen
07-09-2004, 07:43 AM
The new lamps really look awesome, and the exit queue was widened to allow for wheelchairs to board there rather than by the mushroom which was an awkward spot. There is also a new control unit for a second operator. The metal shade covers which are in the shape of ivy are ironic because the original version of Alice had these same shaped shade covers in the queue before the 1985 rehab! It was nice to see a touch of the past again.

Inside, not much had been done other than the queen's eye blink was fixed. The Cheshire Cat effects were still not up to par. Out in front, I was really hoping that a spotlight would be added to the sign on top of the mushroom because it's totally blacked out at night. Overall, a nice rehab but there are still some minor fixes to be done.

merlinjones
07-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Sounds great - - I do wish they would return the original "book cover" poster design to the sign, though. I love that illustration