PDA

View Full Version : Hopelessly Hooked

clehr68
11-08-2001, 08:25 AM
I live about 1200 miles from Disney and do not get down that often but did make it there this last May. I was disappointed with the condition of the park - Space Mountains queue looked terrible - the watermelons in toon town were no more than round silver metal spheres with water shooting out (most of the paint had peeled off) - not to mention many other things I noticed. I vowed to myself that I would not make the long trip until the park had been fixed back to its old standards - but here it is only 6 months later and I am planning on going again ASAP - I just HAVE to have my Disney fix. I guess you could say I am hopelessly hooked.

MonorailMan
11-08-2001, 08:28 AM
Welcome To The Board,

And join the club I think that's how many of us feel here. :)

Think My Last Trip Was In Aug. The 3ed, And I'm Going Back On Dec. 16. Can't wait to buy APs!

And Again Welcome!

Cadaverous Pallor
11-08-2001, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Think My Last Trip Was In Aug. The 3ed, And I'm Going Back On Dec. 16. Can't wait to buy APs!
MonorailMan, you do know that you can buy AP's year round, don't you? They last for a year from the date you purchase them (Nov 10th 2001 - Nov 10th 2002). Please don't tell me you've been paying full price! :eek: :)

MonorailMan
11-08-2001, 04:35 PM
I Have :(

But, I'm going to suprize my mom on my B-day and buy APs. She'll love it.

Ace
ahh I know how you feel......I think ours is an addiction without a cure... which is good, since I never want to be too old or too cool for Disneyland.

zapppop
Another healthy addiction

Ace
11-08-2001, 07:53 PM
if my parents cared at all, I'd have the Deluxe AP's (or whatever, the 200 dollar ones) so fast that it'd be like whoa... as I said in another post, when I grow up and get filthy stinking rich, my first purchase will be:
[list=1]
Mercedes
Diamonds
A llama
A house in Anaheim, Annual passes to the end of my life and a membership in club 33
[/list=1]

Answer.... NUMBER 4...

aww... not that much longer... 10 years or so...

Nigel2
11-08-2001, 09:57 PM
You really don't have to buy an AP since Club 33 lets you in for free, as long as you eat there. 200 1 park is the Premium pass btw.

stinkerbell
11-09-2001, 07:06 AM
Hopeless,

You're definitely not alone. We just went last month and are returning (well, just two of us) in three weeks. Mousepad DOES NOT HELP. It just makes me want to be there more. I've seriously considered getting APs, but I thought I'd wait until the kids are older and we are wealthy and can fly down any old time we want. Well, it's not worth waiting for those things to happen, so we return as often as the budget allows....about once every 18 months. People here think we're freaks. Especially since I'm a stay-at-home mom now with no income myself. They just don't understand.

mad4mky
11-09-2001, 11:15 AM
We're all hooked...that's one of the reasons why we talk about it all the time, and go as often as we can.
I make no excuses for this addiction. It makes me, and my family happy...and I am harming no one but our own budget.

Don't feel bad about going back so soon...We'll be back down on Dec. 1st. It'll be my third time this year. I know the locals go all the time...but for us who live farther away...that is a pretty good number of times. Some people think I'm nuts...they say "Why don't you go somewhere else, or save your money and go to Europe (which we might get to do next spring), or go to Las Vegas or something?" Well, its because we LOVE Disneyland. And we LOVE WDW...so we go....there is some kind of magical attraction that just flows through our veins.
And, I miss the mouse.
:D

stinkerbell
11-09-2001, 11:58 AM
Here's a really dorky confession. Do you all talk to the characters like they're really Mickey, Minnie, etc. ? I do and I caught myself talking to my daughter's student teacher on Halloween who was dressed like Ernie from Sesame St. (there was also a Bert, Big Bird, and Oscar) like she was actually Ernie and not Ms Hulbert. Are there any CM's out there who are frightened by parents like myself? Also, I want to say that one day on our last trip, Tigger got a little over-affectionate with me. Now I know Tigger is supposed to be playful, etc. But this guy actually picked me up several times, kept "kissing" me, followed me for a while and kept grabbing me. My mom and my husband were surprised (as was I!) and my daughter kept saying, "Wow, mom, Tigger sure does like you." I want to hear if anyone else has had an experience like this. Oops, should be posting this as a separate subject. But I'm Hooked too, Clehr.....

mad4mky
11-09-2001, 12:50 PM
I talk to the characters like they are real. Since my kids are older and know that there are people in the costumes...they think I am crazy.
But, I LOVE Mickey Mouse. And I will talk to him just like he is real. I tell him how much I love him, and how I had a Mickey Mouse Wedding, etc. The kid in there must think I am a nut case! I tell Minnie Mouse I don't like her, and I'm jealous of her because she's Mickey's girlfriend. Now you know why my friends worry about me!!
My kids hate to go into Mickey's house because they know I'll be like this. Course, they don't like that I have to walk around DLR and tell them all the "facts" and "stories" about the place. And to talk about MP...they just turn around and walk away when I talk about these threads and all the MPadders here.

I have never seen a character go overboard like Tigger did with you. I've seen them joke around. But, I did see Goofy actually get mad at someone in Toontown. And I mean actually
MAD. I don't know what the guy did to him, (like he was trying to pull off his head, or kick him somewhere not nice, etc.). But the guy in the Goofy costume started swinging at him and pushed him hard to the ground...the person with Goofy had to hold him back. And Goofy did a not very nice gesture to the guy. Shocked me and my whole family. But, like I said, I have no idea what the guy did.:confused:

Morrigoon
11-09-2001, 03:09 PM
Mad4Mky:

Maybe after they meet us, they won't be as annoyed ;)

(IE: Maybe when they realize that there are other freaks in the world worse than their parents...they won't be as scared of ya ;))

stinkerbell
11-10-2001, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I Have :(

But, I'm going to suprize my mom on my B-day and buy APs. She'll love it.

I wish you were my child..........:D

MouseWife
11-10-2001, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
You really don't have to buy an AP since Club 33 lets you in for free, as long as you eat there. 200 1 park is the Premium pass btw.

I thought that you had to have a membership in Club 33?

Nigel2
11-10-2001, 10:22 PM
Sorry let me rephrase that, to get in for free you have to have a 33 membership, but the AP isn't needed unless you don't want to eat there every time.