PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Inn/ Plaza Pavilion

evilqueen69
07-06-2004, 08:00 PM
This is my first posting, please be patience with me. Can someone out there tell me if there is a difference between the Plaza Inn and the Plaza Pavilion? If so what is it? My son will be celebrating his 5th B-day while we are visiting DLR and DCA. I know to do the b-day sticker at City Hall and we will be eating at Goofy's Kitchen 2 days before his b-day. We wanted to do the " my Birthday Party Celebration " at the Plaza Inn. While researching on this site I noticed some places that are going to be closed and it listed the Plaza Pavilion. I am so confused as to what this may be. Someone please answer me and Maybe give me another idea as to where to celebrate my sons b-day.

The Mouse Is Back
07-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Hi evilqueen, not to worry - the Plaza Pavilion is across the street from the Plaza Inn and hasn't been used as an eatery for quite some time. Most recently it has been an annual pass processing center.

I'm not clear on what the refurb is supposed to lead to (I'm sure somebody will come along with that info), but the Plaza Inn is the place where your son's birthday party would be held.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Be sure to take lots of pics!

:)

-Allegra-

Darkbeer
07-06-2004, 08:21 PM
If you look at Disneyland facing north (as if you are entering the park), both the Plaza Inn and the Plaza Pavillion are located at the far end of Main Street (near the castle).

The Plaza Pavillion, which is closed, is located on the left (west side) next to the Tiki Room (It used to host the AP processing center).

The Plaza Inn is located on the right (east side) near the entrance to Tomorrowland, and remains open..... You should call the Disney dining number and make a reservation.

evilqueen69
07-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the information. I will be sure to take plenty of photos and if I get some good ones hopefully I can share with you. Again, Thank you.

cstephens
07-07-2004, 09:59 AM
I've got pictures of the Plaza Inn birthday area as well as other birthday ideas on a birthday page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) that I have up, in case you're interested.

Have fun!

annemerson
07-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi!
This message is to evilqueen69 and anyone else who wants to read it. We went to both Goofy's Kitchen and The Plaza Inn on our last trip to Disneyland. Goofy's Kitchen was packed with people and we were pretty much ignored almost the whole time after we were seated. We only saw three characters and they barely talked to us. The Plaza Inn on the other hand was GREAT. We went first thing in the morning so there were a lot less people, the breakfast food was great, the decor was darling, and all of the Winnie the Pooh characters were there. Each one visited each and every table and played with all the kids. Everyone got a cute pin and a ballooon. It was one of the best memories of our trip. I hope you have a great time too!