PDA

View Full Version : Room upgrades in September

iowa2disney
07-06-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm getting ready to book our resort package at the Disneyland Hotel for Sept 12 - 16 and was wondering what our chances are of getting a room upgrade. Is it too risky to book the most economical room and hope for an upgrade? This shouldn't be a very busy time for Disneyland right? Also, if we do ask for an upgrade, what should we ask for? Pool view? Downtown Disney view? Which tower? My husband and I both were born and raised in Iowa and haven't been to Disneyland since the early 80's. We are so excited to finally take our kids (age 7 & 5). Thanks for your help.

07-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey, iowa2disney and greetings from Wisconsin! My husband is an Iowan (Fort Dodge, to be exact). Beautiful state.

Anyway, you've come to the right place. With all the expertise on this board, you'll get good answers to your questions.

cirquelover
07-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Let me start by saying,I have only stayed there once. We were offered an upgrade for $20 a night and turned it down, but it was the beginning of January!
I think view choice is different for everyone. We stayed in the main tower and had a view of the parking lot and could see most of the fireworks from our balcony. I imagine DTD view would see some of the fireworks too. The pool is amazingly themed and some would enjoy that as well.
I'm sure many others will pop in with their suggestions too.

As a side note, I will be in Iowa this summer for a family reunion.

Have a great trip!

annemerson
07-07-2004, 01:03 PM
We stayed right in the middle of the 5th floor of the Sierra Tower (the middle one) and looked right into Downtown Disney. We could also see the higher rides in both theme parks equally well. (We were as excited as little kids on Christmas morning!) Also, when you go down the elevator and out the doors you are right in front of the Captain Hook swimming pool. When we go again we will definitely request the Sierra Tower again but a few floors up so we can see more of both parks. Downtown Disney is really pretty at night and if you keep the window open you can hear a lot of the music.

iowa2disney
07-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Thanks annemerson. We went ahead and made our reservations and requested the Sierra tower, 6th floor (as high as we could go for the price), pool view. Maybe we will be lucky enough to get a free upgrade when we check in - love to be up a little higher :) ! We leave in exactly two months!!

SCUBAbe
07-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Something to keep in mind...I have always been hung up on views in hotel rooms, but after years of paying more for it I realized I'm never in the room to enjoy it. Ok, maybe for the first 10 minutes it's way cool, but I tend to use the room to sleep in. Especially in places that I have never been before. I want to spend all my time exploring. I love views as much as the next person, but they don't make or break a trip...:)

annemerson
07-12-2004, 03:23 PM
. I love views as much as the next person, but they don't make or break a trip...:)

True, but after being at DH with a great view the first two days of our trip, it was a bit of a letdown to end up in a room at the end of the hall at the back of the PPH the last two days with a view of the parking structure and the construction going on with the new waterslides. The workers were literally right outside our window so we had to keep the curtains closed the whole time . I liked the room itself , but I really wished I had paid more to be on the DCA side!