PDA

View Full Version : This weekend

Pages : [1] 2

Cadaverous Pallor
11-07-2001, 06:13 PM
Anyone visiting the DLR this weekend? We're probably going to go....

MickeyD
11-07-2001, 07:36 PM
Greg (my boyfriend) and I should be there all day Friday. But you were probably talking about Sat/Sun, huh? I always forget that while MY weekend is Fri/Sat, most people's are Sat/Sun. :rolleyes:

Not Afraid
11-07-2001, 08:59 PM
We're going on Saturday (DL only). We're going to try for breakfast (we'll see):sleep:

Sunday is Monsters, Inc. at the El Capitan! That theater has the "Monsters, Inc. Headquarters" next door which we'll also get to see. I hope its all good. (I've been ignoring reviews.)

Ralph Wiggum
11-07-2001, 09:31 PM
I am probably going on Friday night with the family!

Ghoulish Delight
11-08-2001, 07:34 AM
We're going to try to be there for a good chunk of the day on Saturday (that'd be Cadaverous Pallor and I).

Cadaverous Pallor
11-08-2001, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
Greg (my boyfriend) and I should be there all day Friday. But you were probably talking about Sat/Sun, huh? I always forget that while MY weekend is Fri/Sat, most people's are Sat/Sun. :rolleyes:
Why do we always /just/ miss each other? :confused: Ralph's going on Friday too? :crying: What a bummer.

We'll be around, Not Afraid, park hopping. Anyone else? (looks like I should change my avatar back to my everpresent Disneyland hat so people will notice me....)

zapppop
11-08-2001, 04:34 PM
I'm going Friday night to see LuminAria and maybe again on Sunday to run around Disneyland.

Not Afraid
11-08-2001, 09:48 PM
I will be at the park this Saturday but not until about 4 pm. I forgot about a lunch I need to go to in Cerritos. We'll jet on over to DL immediately after that.

One day I'll actually do breakfast in the park.

By the way, I was there today and I didn't spot anything new and noteworthy. The castle was still closed and the teacups were dismantled. The crowds were very light. The longest line was posted as 20 mins. It was wonderful!

Cadaverous Pallor
11-09-2001, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I will be at the park this Saturday but not until about 4 pm.
Guess what? We're probably going to go early and be there for the opening of the parks, since we haven't done that in ages.

Alas, looks like I'll have to wait for the potluck to meet anyone.

Flubber
11-09-2001, 06:59 PM
Sunday morning. Outta there by 1.

Flub

Not Afraid
11-11-2001, 10:42 AM
I was there on Saturday and boy was it crowded! A CM told me that there were 60K people in the park. I think people are finally feeling safe again (at least locals). The CM also said that they were expecting even more on Sunday but its a little wet out there. Did anyone go today?

It was fun with so many people. The energy was great. Though, I've gotten spoiled with walk-on rides. The HM line was 1 1/2 hours! Even PoC had a line out the door. Maybe this will keep up and boost Co. profits. I keep hoping that will be reflected positively at DL. Let's all chip in and paint Tomorrowland! :D

Cadaverous Pallor
11-11-2001, 12:37 PM
We parkhopped for a chunk of Sat and Not Afraid is right, Disneyland was way crowded. We were annoyed that we missed the pre-Xmas lull by one weekend! DCA was quiet as usual.

MouseWife
11-11-2001, 04:36 PM
Oh please tell me that this is only for the weekends!!!
I have plans to go during the week! Also, I am wondering
if they have discontinued early morning. If they have then it
won't matter which week day I go.
But if it still is in effect I need to know that.
Does someone know?

PinkFloyd
11-11-2001, 05:55 PM
I think the large crowds are a result of being a holiday weekend (Ventrans Day), I hope so anyway as I have plans to go to Dland next weekend

Not Afraid
11-12-2001, 12:53 AM
I'm going to DL tomorrow (Monday) and I'll report again on what the crowds are like. It is a holiday weekend, but not everyone has the day off (not like Labor day).

I've been going on Thursday afternoons lately and the park is practically empty. It is wonderful!! As the Holidays approach, I expect there to be more crowds.

I'll try to keep an eye on the crowd aspect and report back.

stinkerbell
11-12-2001, 07:30 AM
A lot of CA and OR schools had Friday (and some had Thurs) off for teacher workdays, so many schools had a four or five day weekend and take advantage. A few people I know were going. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself hope that the crowds won't be that heavy while we're there........

MouseWife
11-12-2001, 08:20 AM
Thanks, Not Afraid for the updates! Oh, I envy your ability to
go every Thursday! I live next to Soak City in San Diego, uh, not a year round pleasure. We have season passes to that for the kiddies. Please keep up the info, I do check here always to see what is up.

Stinkerbell, I will also cling to my wishful thinking that it was the combination of the Veterans' Day and the new special ticket price.

When we first started to go to Disneyland in December, we had the parks to ourselves, pretty much. Last year, though, with the new wonderful parade, there were crowds. I wouldn't trade the summer heat/crowds for the holidays, though.

Could it also be a combinatin of AP's coming in just to see the parade? I mean, I would if I had one. Just wondering. And, at DCA, even though it is empty all day, does it fill up during the parades at night

Good day to you all!

Disney Dave
11-12-2001, 08:48 AM
We went to Disneyland on Sunday. Thought we would pop in for a couple of hours at around 4pm. Boy was it busy. I think it was a combination of holiday weekend and the 2 parks for the price of one offer.

I know a few AP holders, including us, that will go to the parks just to catch the parades and walk around a bit. We usually do this on Friday nights when the crowds aren't that bad. It's a nice way to end a week of work.

I am going to take may daughter during the day on Thursday or Friday to both parks. I will let you know how busy the parks are busy.

Dlandmom
11-12-2001, 09:03 AM
I too stopped by DL on the spur of the moment Sunday night. Our only goal was to have my husband see Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time...yikes, was the park busy!!! We got in the NBC standby line around 7, and got on around 7:50. At 7, the Fast Pass return was 8:15...also, we had walked past Indiana Jones a little before 7, and the fast pass return was already 9:45, or something like that! Things were definitely hopping at the park...and normally isn't this crowded on a Sunday, but I guess being a long weekend for some and having the 2 park "special" really paid off for Disney!

MouseWife
11-12-2001, 09:05 AM
I think I speak for many of us who can't do it,
Thanks for the updates!

If I had passes, I would do that, too. Back when
they had General Admission, when I would be
visiting my niece {my same age} we would run
over for dinner and then 'buy' a ticket for what ever
ride we wanted to ride. It was so cool. Or, just
pay GE and catch a concert.

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd
never end, we sing and dance, forever and a day.
We'd live the life we choose, we'd fight and never
lose, those were the days, oh yes those were
the days.

Did I get that right?

MouseWife
11-12-2001, 09:08 AM
So, I am catching that Disneyland was jumping.

Any reports on DCA? Does it seem like people are
using the two-day pass just for Disneyland?

cyberRoo
11-12-2001, 09:48 AM
We did both parks on Saturday... DCA was pretty light - I actually have all of the fastpasses we picked up, because we never needed them. GRR had a minimal line (short enough that FastPass wasn't staffed), the longest line I saw was Screamin' at 25 minutes.

If anyone wants to see the monsters from Monsters, Inc., they have a small show at DCA - it wasn't even listed in the map.

Disneyland was much more crowded, at 6, FastPass for Space was 11:00, there was even a 40 minute line for Pirates. Mansion seems to be settling down, and they weren't crowding the elevator and the queue as badly as they were in the beginning.

All told, however, we managed to hit all the major rides (well, coasters at least) in both parks from 2pm - 11pm.

Briarose710
11-12-2001, 08:56 PM
DCA this past weekend was.....well we had more guests than usual and the storeslly were doing fairly well (I wokred Fri , sat and sun) THe tores were busy and we had crowds...but then again that isn't saying much if you know what i mean? It was busier than usual though

MouseWife
11-13-2001, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the info, Brairose!

I only hope that when I go it isn't packed. I haven't been at all yet. The only time my family went was during the premier week and the lines were too big for anything. I hope to enjoy it and
be able to really check things out.

Thanks again!

Not Afraid
11-13-2001, 09:49 AM
Monday at DL was more crowded than a weekday, more like an off-season Sunday. That was true until about about 6:00 pm when it started to rain. There was a mass exodus from the park! We were in line for the Matterhorn when the rain started. When we got on the ride, it was sort of like Splash Matterhorn. Really kind-of fun.

We rode the Monorail to wait out the downpour. They couldn't get the windows closed on the train so the seats were all wet. As we went over DTD I noticed that the line for the trams to the parking garage was enormous!

When it stopped raining, the park was virtually empty, kind of spooky, actually. The rides that were still open were walk-ons. Indy shut down due to flooding, opened up then shut down again. They cancelled the 2nd parade but went ahead with the fireworks sans snow (except for the 2 snow blowers at the bridge:confused: ). They closed the bridge but didn't set off the castle fireworks.

Southern California tends to shut down when it rains. We were in line with some people from Oregon who must've thought it was odd that rain would have such an impact.

We'll see if the crowds increase when the holidays get closer. I still think that, if you're here during the week when the schools are in session, you won't experience big crowds. When school gets out, I'm sure the crowds will increase dramatically. There are a lot of teens in SC with annual passes.