PDA

View Full Version : I got drenched on Matterhorn!

Disneyfreak
07-05-2004, 12:53 AM
I seriously was soaked from head to toe from the matterhorn on July 4th. LOL I am only 135 lbs and I sat in the front and a huge wave of water just came over the bobsled. It was so funny because today was my 18th birthday and I had a sticker that said so and the CM said happy 18th birthday while she laughed at me and I was laughing too. The people in line were amazed that I got that wet. It took me over 3 hours to get dry in the sun.

07-05-2004, 04:06 AM
Happy birthday, Disneyfreak!

Anybody else get soaked on Matterhorn?

myron61090
07-05-2004, 04:13 AM
I WANT TO GET DRENCHED TOO!

haha.... i never knew that the water was actually strong enough to make something bigger than a mist..... i always imagined my bobsled hitting the floor there and a loud CRASH!! haha..... color me.... morbid... haha

anway, lucky you!

JTCarrey
07-05-2004, 09:04 AM
I went on July 3rd and got drenched as well, I asked one of the CM's and he said something about the breaks not working right, or something lol oh well, it was a big surprise

DisneyDustin22
07-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Same thing happened to me a few weeks back. Came down the final hill on the left side and bam! water soaked us in the cars. kind of a different feeling if youve never gotten wet before on Matterhorn.

BUT!....just last week I was on Pirates, sitting in the front row. Came down the first drop. OUr boat created a tidal wave that came up so high that the boat actually floated right into it and sent the wave over the front and into the first row. Talk about soaked. My feet were squishing in my shoes for about two hours. Not to mention there was about an inch of water in the front of the boat for the remainder of the ride. Talk about a new experience, getting soaked on Pirates was!

RagtimePrince
07-05-2004, 12:10 PM
I got absolutely drenched on Matterhorn once, at 11pm or so. :)

It seems like some freak event that just happens for some reason every once in a while... didn't seem any faster or different in any way up through that point.

HyperTyper
07-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Rather odd, isn't it, when you can get more wet on the Matterhorn than at Cosmic Waves? (Or Splash Mountain?)

Pirate'sLife4Me
07-05-2004, 05:32 PM
I was there on July 2nd and also got a big splash on the Matterhorn which has never happened to me before. What was more of a surprise though, was California Screamin' on the 3rd. I've been splashed by the waves when waiting for the launch before, but a HUGE wave of water landed square on me. I was completely shocked because I wasn't expecting it at all :).

RStar
07-06-2004, 05:49 AM
I learned a while back that if you are in the front of the bobsled, and as you go through the water if you put your hands out just right you can cause a rooster tail that will splash the person behind you pretty well! Not soaked however, but still wet enough to be a surprize! But only while in the pond, please keep your hands and feet in the vehicle at all time otherwise. Perhaps I shouldn't have even said anything...............
;)

HorizonsA
07-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Happy birthday, Disneyfreak!

Anybody else get soaked on Matterhorn?

I'd rather get soaked on SPLASH Mountain than Matterhorn.

myron61090
07-07-2004, 06:03 AM
ooooh ooooh!!! i wanna get soaked on INNOVENTIOOOOOOOOONS!!! and think of all those electrical outlets :~D :~D

nevermind...

Disneyfreak
07-26-2004, 10:01 PM
I actually loved getting wet by matterhorn. I wish they would do that during summer all the time. I also got drenched once by pirates.

snappy
07-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Has anyone noticed how bad the water smells coming off Fantasmic? Maybe it's just me, but it smells awlful. And same with all the water rides, yikes. I could understand if it's a chlorine smell but it appears it's not.

mjformenotyou
07-29-2004, 09:00 AM
I actually loved getting wet by matterhorn. I wish they would do that during summer all the time. I also got drenched once by pirates.

Once, when I was on Pirates, the guy sitting in front of me barfed into the water.
I try to get as unwet as possible now on that ride.
Yech!

Lindsay

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-29-2004, 11:00 AM
My son shares a birthday will you, 17 years younger though.
Hope you had a nice day at the parks on your birthday!

Disneyfreak
07-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Once, when I was on Pirates, the guy sitting in front of me barfed into the water.
I try to get as unwet as possible now on that ride.
Yech!

Lindsay

Thanks.................. lol :~D

Also tell your son happy birthday from me. :)

Surfingstitch
07-30-2004, 10:57 AM
I WANT TO GET DRENCHED TOO!

haha.... i never knew that the water was actually strong enough to make something bigger than a mist..... i always imagined my bobsled hitting the floor there and a loud CRASH!! haha..... color me.... morbid... haha

anway, lucky you!

Acutally,

I talked to a cast member on my last visit at the end of May.

They have added more water to the ride to surprise people. I went on the ride at 11pm and I got soaked. I had to leave the park early :(.