PDA

View Full Version : fantasmic ?

disneymania
07-03-2004, 09:07 PM
I read somewhere that fantasmic is going to be shut down for awhile. I'm going to DLR in Sept, and was wondering if I was going to be able to see it. I've been in the fall the past couple of years, and have never seen it. Any info?

mathprof
07-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Of all the night time shows I've seen at Disneyland over the last 10 years Fantasmic is wonderful!

It's in the "Rivers of America" and there are two really good viewing spots.

#1: The balcony above Pirate of the Carribean. Go to "Guest Services" early on the day you wish to see the show and make reservations.

There is a fee (Don't know what it is now) but they do provide deserts, etc.

#2: Best street area to see the show is from the path right at the edge of the "Rivers of America" directly opposite "Pirates".

Lots of fireworks, music, screen shots of Mickey Mouse, etc., projected onto a sheet of water and concluding with a cast of Disney characters on either the Columbia or the Mark Twain.

If it's still playing (Check Disneyland park web site or call guest services) it's a show you just shouldn't miss.

Forbin
07-04-2004, 12:51 AM
Btw the balcony is $49...the same price as the DLR park ticket. If you got the money to burn, go for it. It's an incredible show.

SoCalDisneyLover
07-04-2004, 01:06 AM
#1: The balcony above Pirate of the Carribean. Go to "Guest Services" early on the day you wish to see the show and make reservations. There is a fee (Don't know what it is now) but they do provide deserts, etc.

They sell these seats 30 Days Prior, and usually sell out within a few minutes of going onsale, at 7 AM I believe. If you ask the day of, it's extremely unlikely you could get these seats.

King of the Frogs
07-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Fantasmic! goes down September 9, 2004, and re-starts probably 2-3 months later.

Lynnepitt
07-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Fantasmic! goes down September 9, 2004, and re-starts probably 2-3 months later.
Phew!!! Big sigh of relief from me. When I read this item this morning I've been waiting to see if it was true that Fantasmic was being halted for a while. We're going to see it in a months time and are really looking forward to it, especially after reading all the good reports about it. After reading the above posting this morning I thought it would be just my luck (or lack of luck should I say) for it to be off whenever we visit.
Turns out I can uncross my fingers now and start looking forward to seeing it. Many thanks King of the Frogs for making my day!! :)

GloryBlaze
07-04-2004, 12:09 PM
I think they're planning on refurbing Columbia

Darkbeer
07-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Well, yes, the Columbia is going back into refurb (and it does need it), but it is also a money saving measure. After Labor Day, it is the off season, and this will help the budget by not paying the labor (If they offer the Fireworks show, it is less than 1/2, maybe even less than a 1/3 now of the cost versus Fantasmic!)