PDA

View Full Version : Anecdotes & FastPasses..

Pat-n-Eil
07-03-2004, 08:59 PM
I've remembered a couple of fun anecdotes form my trip to Disneyland this week that I forgot to mention during my trip report. They each have to do with FastPasses so I thought I'd throw that into the title.

First off, just a bit of information. There was a thread not long ago on here about the use of FastPasses and what some people termed as abuse of the FastPass system. The alleged abuse was not using the pass within the hour on the FastPass. I heard direct from a Guest Relations CastMember at the park last week "Don't worry about the end time. The FastPass is good ANY time that day after the return time printed on the ticket". This confirms my positon that the de facto policy on FastPasses that is currently being implemented is that they do not expire. Once the Return time is satisfied, you can use a FastPass anytime thereafter until the park closes.

Ok.. Now a couple of fun things.

We were in Disneyland and used our FastPasses for Splash Mountain. My wife had gone back to the room early, so I had a FastPass for her that we had obtained earlier in the day. Then when we went to the Haunted Mansion later in the day, I got 4 more - using her Passport to get one even though she wasn't there.. The bottom line is that at about 8:00pm, my kids and I rode Splash Mountain and when we were done we still had 2 FastPasses left. I told the kids I was going to give them to some unsuspecting couple. So as we were exiting and heading back toward New Orleans Square, I spotted a young couple at the very end of the line. I stopped and asked "Are you a couple?" They replied that they were and I said "Great, would you like a couple of FastPasses that are good right now?". They look of glee on their face was totally rewarding. I love doing that.

The other event happened later. We were at DCA and It was about to close.. A guy pushing a stroller was talking to his wife & kids about wanting to ride Grizzly River Run. I had 4 FastPasses leftover that I wasn't going to use so I gave them to him. He was excited and very grateful.. but when I walked by there on my way to Soarin' for one last ride I noticed that there was nobody in line anyway.. I guess this falls under the "it's the thought that counts" category.

Oh.. and I got on one of the last rides of Soarin' that night, and the Castmember asked if there were any first timers (about 5 hands went up), then they asked if there were any out of staters.. One lady and her daughter were from Alaska and first timers. I sat next to them and they really loved that ride. There was also someone there from Ireland. I wondered if it were a mousepadder that I'd read posts from here.. but I did not ask..

scaeagles
07-04-2004, 05:16 AM
I have one funny little tidbit that happened to me - my 10 year old daughter and I were in the 4:15 PotS parade on Thursday, July 1. When we were sitting on the bus, a lady and her daughter from Slovakia happened to just get on and sit net to us. No cast member really noticed until they saw they had no nametags, and they couldn't read the release form to sign it - didn't speak a word of English. No one knew if they wanted to be in the parade or if they were just lookin for a ride on the bus. About 3 or 4 levels of management came to try to communicate with them, and no one could. They ended up in the parade, but I'm not sure what they did.