PDA

View Full Version : disney.com site down?

Hakuna Makarla
07-03-2004, 07:07 PM
I have tried for 2 days to get info on fast passes, which rides require them and I can not get this info,.any one got a link for me so I can be sure to know ahead of time which ones are important when we arrive? I tried search, but got confused. :fez:

Darkbeer
07-03-2004, 08:15 PM
I have tried for 2 days to get info on fast passes, which rides require them and I can not get this info,.any one got a link for me so I can be sure to know ahead of time which ones are important when we arrive? I tried search, but got confused. :fez:
Forget DL.com, here is the complete details on FastPass...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28310

OK, there are a couple of minor updates, first off, Indiana Jones no longer offers Single Rider passes.

Both MuppetVision and Tough to be a Bug are now officially no longer FP attractions (The Guide to the Magic no longer shows the FP symbol besides the rides).

So which rides are the best for FP? Well, at DL, I recommend Splash Mountain, then Indy, and then Autopia. (If your kids are old enough, use Splash Single rider instead), Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, and Roger Rabbit are freebies (not connected) so those should be used. The only other DL attraction is Big Thunder, and its stand by line moves fairly quickly.

At DCA, the top 2 attractions are ToT and Soarin', followed by Mulholland Madness (the stand by line can be a pain), Screamin' is nice, but its stand by line moves quickly. You can usually get into Millionaire via the stand by line by just showing up about 1/4 till the hour. GRR is the one freebie, so of course use it.

If you have any questions, please ask....:fez:

Mark Goldhaber
07-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Um, not sure of your use of topic name, but you can find information on which attractions offer Fastpass here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/guestServices/fastpass?id=FastPassListingPage). Attractions offer Fastpass, but do not require them. You might want to check out Darkbeer's thread here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28310) for more information and strategies.

Pat-n-Eil
07-03-2004, 08:45 PM
If you are at all unclear on what FastPasses are or how to use them - by all means read Darkbeer's thread about it as mentioned above.

As far as my experience on which rides to use FastPasses on, I would suggest using them on popular attractions with long lines. If you are not an Annual Passholder or if you Don't have the AAA enhanced FastPasses available, then my personal suggestions would be:

Disneyland:
1. Splash Mountain
2. Space Mountain (when operating)
3. Indiana Jones

DCA:
1. Soarin' Over California
2. Tower of Terror
3. California Screamin'
4. Grizzly River Run

Some rides can be FastPass worthy at certain times of the day, but at other times they are not. Pirates of the Carribean hardly ever warrants a FastPass in my opinion. Even if the line is out the front, it moves quickly. Haunted Mansion usually doesn't require one, but since it isnt connected to the rest of the system, there is no reason not to get one and use it whenever.

I'd say the two rides that you should focus on the most for getting a FastPass in order to cut down your wait are Splash Mountain and Soarin' Over California.

By the way, the FastPass has 2 times on it. The Return time and the End time. There has been much discussion about the end time on this board, but during my trip there this week I actually heard a castmember at guest relations specifically tell a visitor that "the end time does not matter. The FastPass can be used ANY time that day after the return time.. People will talk about the spirit of the FastPass and other such perceptions but it is the de facto policy to allow anyone to use it anytime after the return time. Also note that you can get another FastPass 2 hours after you get it, even if the return time is later in the day.

It is kind of hard to fathom all of the ins & outs of the FastPass on this board.. but in practice they are easy and efficient ways to plan your day.

Hakuna Makarla
07-04-2004, 06:29 AM
Thank you so much, the info you suplied Dark beer was wonderful and I copied it to take with me, also to study before I go. I seemed a bit confused about all the info so over looked the fast pass until now when I could process it more. There is so much to see and do that I just thought I would slide by. But now I can plan on at least some great rides while we are there. Thank you so much for the help, I know I have asked tons of questions, some the same many times. I am not getting the info in my head LOL! Have a wonderful fourth of July all!
Thanks Pat& Eli , darkbeer and Mark.:)