PDA

View Full Version : Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Question

Pages : [1] 2

evilchild666
07-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Why is it that many people seem to like Disneyland's Pooh ride more than WDW's but there is hardly ever a line for the ride in Anaheim while in florida, there always seems to be a long line with fastpasses running out? The only excuse i can come up with is the location. Disneyland's is off in the corner of the park while WDW's is right in Fantasyland. Anyone know the answer?

Darkbeer
07-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Well, Pooh did belong in Fantasyland, not in Critter Country, so location is part of the issue, but I also think it is the ride, why bother going over to Critter Country to ride a dark ride that isn't as good as those offered in Fantasyland, and are bunched together, which is easier when you have a group of kids....

Also, DL regulars (aka AP'ers) don't see it as a ride that has much repeat value, and that is a much larger issue at Anaheim, than in Orlando, which has a much higher percentage of out-of-town visitors.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-03-2004, 10:22 PM
I love the fact that there is no line. My 2yo son loved the ride and we rode it over and over and over and over. I think it is a cute ride.
I don't see why it doesn't belong in critter country. Pooh is a critter.

evilchild666
07-03-2004, 10:36 PM
i agree, even though it is a dark ride geared towards kids, i believe that it fits in much better in Critter Country. They couldn't have gotten the same feeling that the ride creates if it was in fantasyland.

Forbin
07-04-2004, 12:48 AM
I love Pooh...the real problem? It's a MAJOR PAIN to get to. It's the only ride in that area that is geared to the 3-5 year old. Rides along the way...Splash, HM, Pirates...it's properly themed but it's a real bad spot.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I am glad they have that ride there for kids. Gives moms and dad's waiting for others in their party something to do with the little ones that are to small yet to go on Splash.

mountainrange
07-04-2004, 09:59 PM
I too enjoy pooh and like its location. What i cant understand is how it could be seen as out of the way. DL isnt really that big and you can get to any place in the park from any other place in like 10 minutes max (barring crowds).its about 4 minutes from fantasyland, is that such a big deal. :rolleyes:

I just dont see how being right next to Splash AND HM is tucked away.

SCUBAbe
07-04-2004, 10:17 PM
I just dont see how being right next to Splash AND HM is tucked away.

The only reason I go down to critter country is to ride splash. If it wasn't there I wouldn't go there. If I had a small child I would feel that it was a PITA just to go down to that majorly conjested area just to ride pooh. When Fantasyland has all the rides they can ride in one spot.

BigAlH
07-15-2004, 05:02 PM
The candy store down there is quite nice! I really enjoyed the ride - but the only reason we were down there was to ride Splash. It would be nice if they could add a few more kid-friendly critter rides back there - but I don't know how much space is available (looking at the aerial photo it doesn't look like any).

-al

lisap
07-15-2004, 05:32 PM
I am glad they have that ride there for kids. Gives moms and dad's waiting for others in their party something to do with the little ones that are to small yet to go on Splash.

Ding dong! Same here. :)

Emma
07-15-2004, 05:41 PM
My daughter loves Winnie the Pooh, and I think it's a cute ride. If Splash was being refurbished, we'd still walk all the way over there a couple of times a day so she could ride it.

I really like the fact that the line is usually short. :)

annemerson
07-15-2004, 07:19 PM
We usually go to Disneyland only once a year so are not as familiar with the park. We always seem to go on Splash Mountain late at night just because of the route we take during the day so we don't remember that the Winnie the Pooh section is there until it's already closed for the night. But this year we decided to go to SM early in the day so we picked up our fast passes then spent the hour we had to wait going on the Pooh ride, shopping in the store, and eating caramel apples under the shade of the trees. It was a real treat. I suspect that the lines are probably short because people like us who don't go as often just don't realize it's there. But I do think it belongs in Critter Country rather than Fantasyland.

GeminiAngel
07-15-2004, 08:59 PM

My exact Thoughts. And that's what we did: I went in HM hubby took her on WTP. beautiful location!!!! all the trees (Hundred acre woods)- that wonderful shade. And Critter Country-Perfect!!! After all They are Critters (pooh-Tigger-Piglet-Eyore).

rentayenta
07-15-2004, 09:03 PM

Ditto. I rode with my two youngest while my hubby rode Splash with our oldest. I think it's cute.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-15-2004, 09:38 PM
I have to say that I don't find the walk "all the way over there" to be that bad. I mean I guess I am planning on walking all day anyway, and I walk "all the way" over to Toontown or to Small World, so why not walk over to Pooh. To make it shorter if people are on the other side of the park, pick up the train and get off in New Orleans square.
I have to agree the candy shop is wonderful and that store has some of the cutest Pooh merchandise.
I totally disagree with saying it should be in Fantasyland, it is not fantasy, he is a critter!

stitchlvr
07-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Our family rides the Pooh ride at least once a day, sometimes more when we are there. We usually walk over to Critter Country anyway. We like the shops, go to see Pooh & friends, etc. We don't even ride Splash Mountain. We like to relax on the bottom level of the Hungry Bear restaurant for a break. My main problem with the Pooh ride is the fact that the Country Bears are now gone. We enjoy Pooh, but if I had a choice between Pooh and the Country Bears, I'd pick CBJ hands down. Yes we were one of the 20 people in the theatre countless times.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh I totally agree. I love CBJ. I was so disappointed as I had talked it up to my 2yo when we were on our way over to Critter Country. I knew about the Pooh ride but didn't realize they had taken away the bears. Oh and I love the food burgers at Hungry Bear! YUMMY!

sediment
07-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Why is it that many people seem to like Disneyland's Pooh ride more than WDW's ...
Is this true? I've heard that DL's Pooh is in last place among Pooh rides.

splashmtngurl
07-16-2004, 05:30 PM
three things! first, the winnie the pooh ride in DL is supposed to be nothing compared to the disney park in tokyo! once again, pressler had not wanted to spend the required amount of money to make the ride worth it....

second....i wouldnt go so far as to say the ride is a bust. It certainly isnt a high intensity thrill ride and it's defonetly no splash mtn but, come on, its great for little kids. Its a short darkride with scenes from many pooh movies and the storyline is fairly good..(for a darkride) Its easy for little kids to follow and doesnt have to many scary factors (snowhite sort of does) meaning its great for little kids! The color is pretty bright and the cars are really cute! Sure, it may not be an adults favorite but if you take it from a kids point of view (i have to younger brothers i can relate to) the ride is probably fairly good.

Last but not least, How on earth does it not fit into critter country? i am more puzzled as to how it would fit into fantasy land. All of the characters in the movies are animals and so i see where it would fit perfectly into critter country. Also, the area is more wooded and quiet making it the perfect setting for the ride....kinda like having your own little hundred acre wood. Not to mention that the area has always been home to Winnie the pooh and his friends and has always been a prime picture spot....critter country needed something new! nopw if only they would put a few more things in there it would be great.

Well these are just my opinions and you are certainly entiltled to your own...Jus thought i would add a little input! :) Thanks for listening...

Hayley

BJW
07-17-2004, 12:51 AM
In my opinion, I think this ride's days are numbered. SSL was closed for not pulling in the numbers and I think this ride will eventually follow suit. I think they will begin to realize that the maintenance costs are too great for the low numbers the rides pull in.

lazyboy97O
07-17-2004, 01:04 AM
If location is the issue then wouldn't this show a flaw in modern day Disneyland? Disneyland is a family park. To me this means that all areas should have things for the whole family. A section of park should not be geared only towards thrills.

How different is Disneyland's from Magic Kingdom's? From the pictures I have seen it doesn't seem much different. I also don't expect a lot of high tech stuff when going onto a dark ride. Lastly, how is it not anymore repeatable than the nearly 50 year old Fantasyland attractions? Or does Fantasyland get points for being nostalgic?

Tigertail777
07-17-2004, 04:47 AM
one its location, this has never been a good area of the park for attractions I beleive its the traffic flow and how that section is sort of in a corner. CBJ had exactly the same problems with the traffic flow. CBJ still had a lot of fans, and a lot of people did still go to the show I think pooh is having many of the same problems, but with the addition of it fighting the memory of what it replaced. CBJ was a lot more sophisticated when it came to movement and realism than pooh is, pooh's characters are little more than department store mannequin movements. Also people know about the degradation of the ride in comparison to the other two versions.

Tokyo has shown us in no uncertain terms what happens if Disney innovates and makes the next generation of dark rides instead of relying on the same formula and pretending that we havnt had any advances in ride technology in 20 years. Why should we have to settle for the cheapest version? If you like it now, dont you think it could be far far improved based on what you have seen of Tokyo's version? Dont you think you would enjoy it far more if it had been done right to begin with? Dont you think that maybe it would have been better for the park, regardless of your personal feelings about CBJ, if they had found a way to build pooh and keep one theater of CBJ as well? The last thing the park needs is less attractions particularly ones that can accomidate a lot of people at once. And I firmly beleive that if they had built pooh next to a still existing CBJ, that the proximity of pooh would have drove more people into CBJ. I also firmly beleive that having BOTH attractions in the same area would have been much better for the park overall.

SCUBAbe
07-17-2004, 08:08 AM
If location is the issue then wouldn't this show a flaw in modern day Disneyland? Disneyland is a family park. To me this means that all areas should have things for the whole family. A section of park should not be geared only towards thrills.

How different is Disneyland's from Magic Kingdom's? From the pictures I have seen it doesn't seem much different. I also don't expect a lot of high tech stuff when going onto a dark ride. Lastly, how is it not anymore repeatable than the nearly 50 year old Fantasyland attractions? Or does Fantasyland get points for being nostalgic?

The ride makes me feel sick to my stomach. The way the veheicle rolls around. The inside of the ride looks cheap. The dream part is just really dumb. Maybe if they had left that whole part out. There are some things I like....I'm thinking....ok, the wind is pretty cool. I hate hearing eeyore whine all through the ride..."nobody likes me..."...I like tigger. I have never been a big Pooh fan, maybe thats why I don't like it. I don't like all the drak rides in Fantasyland either. I like peter pan, mr toad, alice in wonderland...and thats about all we go on....as far as darkrides in Fantasyland.

Hakuna Makarla
07-17-2004, 09:04 AM
I have it on my list as the ride to do for my 3 year old. Along with splash I am spending a day at DCA and plan to make the most of it with the kids rides, and then disney playhouse. We re already planning a bigger trip in 2005 so will get the feel of the place then really go to town when we come back. I am only spending 3 days between both parks this year, next year 5 or 7. this way we will see more, son will be bigger, and we can some what know the lay of the land. :)

BryanPeek
07-17-2004, 09:23 AM
Pooh is better then the Snow White and Pinochio (sp?) I thought. Peter Pan is still the best though, then Alice and Mr. Toad.