PDA

View Full Version : Great trip June 28-July 2

scaeagles
07-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I must say that one year makes an incredible difference.

We stayed at the GC for 5 nights last July, and have just returned from another 5 night stay. I won't go into much, but the current management is making a tremendous difference.

Buring our trip last year, Screamin, GRR, Splash Mtn, and Indy all went down at least once a day to my knowledge. This year, the only that went 101 to my knowledge on our whole trip was, of all things, the Jungle Cruise (we were on it - got all the way to the big python and a loud speaker announcement told us to stop. A minute later, all boats had to go backwards through the ride back to the dock.).

Things in disrepair were far less noticable.

Hats off to Matt Ouimet and the changes they are making throughout the place.

Dani24
07-03-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm glad to hear that your trip went well! That makes me feel better about things going smoothly onour trip next week.

BTW, how were the crowds/lines? And how was the weather?

scaeagles
07-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Weather - incredible! Nothing above 80 degrees until the last day of our trip. Of course, we're from Phoenix, so anything below 95 is a real treat. Overcast all morning, nice afternoon breezes - I have seriously never had better weather in the last 10 years of annual or semi annual trips.

Crowds - significant, but we really didn't feel them too much. Went in the AM and hit a massive amount of rides in the first 2 hours, typically left the parks from 1-3 or 4, back in for parades, shows, etc, used fast passes that we had picked up in the morning then. We were certainly able to avoid a "feeling" that it was crowded.

Pat-n-Eil
07-03-2004, 09:07 PM
We were there this week too and I totally agree. We were there from the 28th to the 1st. Just from last November the Park has really been nicely kicked up a notch. From main street to bathroom maintenance, it all looked very good. I thought the crowds were actually quite manageable. Tuesday was incredible. I hadn't been that comfortable in Disneyland for quite some time.