PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror drop... how bad?

Christiii
07-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Okay..im coming to the park on the 16th for a few days..and really want to ride the TOT..but I hate drops!! Can you guys explain it to me?? I can ride Space Mountain and Screamin forever..but hate Splash have never tried that boomerang thing...sooo lemme know...helllp!! I cant believe ai would miss a new themed ride..but am I gonna die?? hehe

Pat-n-Eil
07-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I like certain drops.. like Splash Mountain (which you should really try. It is not nearly as scary as you think it is). I've tried the Maliboomer, but it's not that great for me. I do, however, love the Tower of Terror. Because the dropping occurs mostly in the dark, you don't really see how far you drop. Not all the drops are the full height of the ride either.

I was slightly apprehensive the first time - but after riding it, it was just fun.. Yes, you do get that pit of the stomach feeling - but it is really just exciting and fun. It isn't very long either, so even if you end up hating it - you'll only not like it for about 1 minute or less.

SCUBAbe
07-03-2004, 01:03 PM
My parents will not go on any roller coasters and I finally got them on this ride. My mother was so scared, but they LOVED it. They are really whimpy about rides to. The drop is so fast you don't even get that losing your stomach feeling. It's just fun. I laugh through the entire ride.:)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Close your eyes, that always helps me!

Darkbeer
07-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey, Christii, want to stop by and say HI (and anyone else interested..) I am hosting a couple of events in regards to the 49th BD...

First Friday Night, July 16th, a Happy Hour event at the Hearthstone Lounge at GCH from 6 to 7 PM, if you don't know me, just ask the bartenders to point me out...

Saturday, July 17th we are going to try and particpate in the last BD edition of the Parade of the Stars, starting with an Attitude adjustment from 4:30 PM to 6 PM at the Cove Bar at DCA, (once again, if you can't find me, ask the bartenders, they will be happy to point me out). Then in front of the iasw gift shop around 6:45 PM to beg the CM's to allow us to be part of the parade (no guarantees), if you want to Dance in a TuTu, make sure and where shoes that have a closed heel, and no large logos of other companies on your clothing (like a PEPSI logo).

On Sunday the 18th, at noon, we are going to ride PotC, meet in front of the ride, next to the river....

And Sunday the 18th, around 5 PM (meeting in front of the Ape-Alien Coke thing near SSL) a large group of us will be planning to ride ToT, you might scream, but you won't die ;)

Pedro2NR
07-03-2004, 05:48 PM
It's not as bad as you think. The first 2 drops are short and after those drops you get used to it. Everytime I go,I see people get scared at first, and when they get off they like it and want to get on again.

dasrock
07-03-2004, 09:45 PM
first two drops? how many times do you drop???
my wife loves these type of rides and swears she'll get me on this one :confused:

Duane
07-04-2004, 05:48 AM
To get a preview of the experience on Tower of Terror, ride Maliboomer and keep your eyes closed. You will find Maliboomer a little more intense because it rushes you upwards instead of slowly rising like an elevator. Everything else is about the same between the two attractions. Don't forget the "awesome" effect on Tower of Terror, you get to see yourself in the mirror, ooh!!

TikiGeek
07-04-2004, 06:22 AM
Christiii,

Ride it. You will be afraid, the whole pre-ride is designed that way - that's part of the fun. When we ride we always look for people that are on it for the first time. Everybody screams (even me :)) but when the ride is over everyone is smiling and laughing. You'll love it and want to ride again. BTW - I don't like the Maliboomer, ToT is much more enjoyable in many ways. Have fun!

MrsG
07-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Would you suggest TOT for those of us who are not just nervous about the first time, but also are queazy riders? I was very worried about my first Indy trip, but it is now one of my favorites. But I can't do Space Mtn, Star Tours, or Screemin', etc. Won't even attempt Maliboomer!

SCUBAbe
07-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Would you suggest TOT for those of us who are not just nervous about the first time, but also are queazy riders? I was very worried about my first Indy trip, but it is now one of my favorites. But I can't do Space Mtn, Star Tours, or Screemin', etc. Won't even attempt Maliboomer!

I think you'll be ok. My parnts cannot ride screamin, muhalland madness, space mountain, and the matterhorn. The get very dizzt after and they say they break inot cold sweats. However, I took them on TOT and they loved it. As soon as they got off the went to get a fast pass so they could ride it again.:)

MrsG
07-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately dizzy isn't the problem - barfing is!

Captain Josh
07-05-2004, 08:09 AM
I hate two things in life: falling and drowning. The only thing that would make this ride worse is if you fell into a vat of water. Just kidding...

....but as for me, someone who really DOES hate heights and falling, I really, really LOVE this ride. It's not the falling down that bothers me, as much the "falling up".

JTCarrey
07-05-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm terrified of alot of things, but I LOVE TOT, it's such a thrill, I went on it after I ate cotton candy and thought I would get sick but I didn't, also I had to be dragged on to Screamin and Space Mountain at one point, I don't like the loop in Screamin, it makes my head feel so heavy from all the pressure plus me having allergies 24/7 doesn't help with that, but other than that, I love the ride, I get extremely dizzy on rides too, I get paranoid that things are going to break or that my head will explode or my heart will stop, my eyes once inverted on Maliboomer, needless to say I'm never going on that again, but TOT isn't like Maliboomer, it's better in my opinion. Keep your eyes closed most of the time except when the windows open, then you can at least look like you aren't scared in your photo ;) I guess if you're like me, the build up of fear is what really does it, more than the ride, hope I didn't make this worse for you now lol

SCUBAbe
07-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately dizzy isn't the problem - barfing is!

The ony time I felt sick on the ride was after riding all the paradise peir rides first and to be honest I was alreday feeling sick when I went on it and it did not make me feel any worse. The last 4 times we went on TOT first and I did not feel sick. My Mother is a real whimp about all rides and she really LOVED it. I was so shocked. I was all ready for her to be pouty for the rest of the day after riding it, (yes, she is a somewhat pampered princess type), but she rushed to get a fast pass as soon as we got off....she couldn't wait to ride it again. :)

Give it a try...it looks/sounds worse than it is. :cool:

Christiii
07-05-2004, 12:58 PM
looks like Im gonna have to give it a try..Ill kill myself if I dont!!
Ill try to hook up with you Darkbeer!! Im on a working trip tho..and staying in LA...I own a boutique and there is a big gift convention in town..so I have to pretned to be a cool, hip boutique owner till evening when I can let my true Nerd self out at DL..hehe!!
Id love to do the parade thing since forced my friend into doing it a few years ago..:-)
Hey is the Radko store still in New Orleans square?? Im always hit and miss on that one..Im going to be the exclusive Radko dealer in my town..(yeay..LOVE them!!) and I would love to check out what they have!!
:p

odnamraortsac
07-06-2004, 05:26 PM
The most disturbing thing about the ride are the teenage girls who feel the need to scream at the top of their lungs during the ride. It can actually become physically painful to be trapped in that shaft with all those high-pitched squeels. "Stop it you Teenage Girls!".

myron61090
07-07-2004, 06:01 AM
who says its only teenage GIRLS who do that? :fez: :fez:

JTCarrey
07-07-2004, 06:30 AM
I must admit I scream when we're not even dropping cuz I'm terrified as heck, maybe its just the thrill of the ride that does that