PDA

View Full Version : Weights on ride?

Tinker Bell
07-03-2004, 10:45 AM
I went to DL yesterday.While on IASW the boat in front of us got stuck.They had 7 adults in it 5 of which weight 300+. We sat there for bout 20 min before anyone came to our rescue.Do the CM not think about this when they put people in the boats.I'm not mad or anything.I was just wondering. This was the a toper to our bad evening.It was my DD 5 b- day and for the first time every we kept getting broke down rides.Bees at Jumping Jelly Fish,Some rude kids on PTC,something went wrong on MH,then IASW.Dinner was nice we ate at Areils Grotto.Loads of food could not eat it all.And the weather was not bad.

Dani24
07-03-2004, 10:49 AM
I know some rides do watch out for weight limits. Space Mountain is one of them. I think the max one of the cars on Space Mountain can hold is like about 300 lbs. (I could be a little off).

But, perhaps it's not very typical to have that much weight in one boat, and so it was unexpected. Perhaps a CM was asleep on the job.

Maybe the CM couldn't think of a nice way to say "Sir, you're too fat. I'll need to you to get off the ride."

RagtimePrince
07-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I was in a boat on Pirates of normal sized people, which was very well loaded as far as total weight went. That didn't matter though, since everyone was squeezed up against the right side so we had a rather strong list to starboard, and the right side of the boat kept rubbing against the rail really strongly. Sometimes it's just impossible to predict what can happen, I sure wouldn't imagine a boat on Small World could actually get stuck. I mean... it's a boat!

07-03-2004, 01:28 PM
For information on DLR weight restrictions, check out Lani Teshima's answer in the MousePlanet Mailbag of 6/03/04 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mailbag/m040603.htm)

Tinker Bell
07-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Well all I can say is if your large make sure you don't sit in a boat with other large people cause you will get stuck.Oh and don't look at the singing dolls.Cause when they open thier mouths it scary. :eek:

Morrigoon
07-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Actually, getting stuck in IASW is very easy and has been done frequently

(giggling to herself)

DrIndianaJones
07-05-2004, 08:41 PM
I know some rides do watch out for weight limits. Space Mountain is one of them. I think the max one of the cars on Space Mountain can hold is like about 300 lbs. (I could be a little off).
Hmmm, I don't think so. I've been on SpMt with three other people ranging from 120 - 200. A quick add makes us close to 650...so the SpMt cars should be able to handle about 1,000-1,300 lbs.