PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Changes?

b52hbuff
07-03-2004, 08:33 AM
While shopping at the Main Street Music Shop, I noticed that they
added a sticker to the Fantasmic! CDs. It read, 'As Recorded in 1997'.

So the big question, what has changed in the music since then?

The next question... During the scene where Maleficent appears and
'grows' into the dragon, there is a pyro effect (a bright green or red flame).

During the performances I saw, they effect was only visible for a short time
(say 5 seconds). I seem to recall that it used to be on the entire time she
was growing into the dragon.

Other recollections?

Disneyfanguy
07-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I think it refers to the sections of the show where they show a sequence of animated scenes on the mist. We purchased a CD from WDW, and it was labled "as recorded in 2000" or something similar. I have been to the show out there every year, and occaisionally notice what I believe to be small changes in that small aspect of the show.

Animalia
07-03-2004, 02:45 PM
If I remember correctly, Maleficent threatens Mickey then there's a flash on the stage near her. At that moment the water screens come up and animated fire is projected onto them as she grows into the dragon. When the screens are dropped the full dragon is on the stage with Mickey. It's been a long time since I've seen the show so I could be wrong but maybe the animated fire is what you're thinking of.

JeffG
07-03-2004, 04:04 PM
The "Fantasmic!" CD also contains the music from "The Main Street Electrical Parade". The soundtrack for the version currently playing at DCA is somewhat different than the version on that CD, which may be the main reason for the sticker. As far as I know, the audio track for "Fantasmic!" hasn't been altered since it was originally recorded.

-Jeff

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-03-2004, 10:23 PM
What ever happened to the Ursula "float?" I was looking for it the last time I was there.

GloryBlaze
07-04-2004, 12:06 PM
I don't think Fantasmic! has changed, so the sticker may very well be refering to the Electrical Parade. As for Ursula - she hasn't been in the shows for years. Her barge fell into disrepair, or something like that, and Disney didn't want to shell out money to fix it.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Well before May the last time I had seen the show as April 2001 and I am pretty sure she was there then. Hmmm. Oh well, I have her on tape.