PDA

View Full Version : Parade Passions

innerSpaceman
11-07-2001, 03:23 PM
Other than the Main Street Electrical Parade (oh, excuse me, Disney's Electrical Parade), WHAT WAS (or is) YOUR FAVORITE DISNEYLAND PARADE?

Andrew
11-07-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Other than the Main Street Electrical Parade (oh, excuse me, Disney's Electrical Parade), WHAT WAS (or is) YOUR FAVORITE DISNEYLAND PARADE?

Daytime, non-holiday: Lion King Celebration.

Daytime, holiday: Very Merry Christmas Parade.

Nighttime: MSEP, of course.

zapppop
11-07-2001, 03:43 PM
Disneyland has other parades ?

LOL !

I liked the Mulan and Lion King parades.
MSEP is the most magical for me, so it'll always be my favorite.

baileykat
11-07-2001, 04:52 PM
Several years ago...like maybe 13-14 years ago...(acchh..showing the age here) they had an afternoon parade...Totally Minnie...I think..I can still remember the music for that one..It was as best I can remember, just a character parade..probably pretty cheesy..but it sticks in my head!

And I really liked the Mulan parade..a little short...but I liked it!

AND OF COURSE NOTHING BEATS MSEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MammaSilva
11-07-2001, 08:07 PM
MSEP... the original, the new and revised version that runs at DCA.....

Lion King was incredible!

Mulan was nice but eh didn't rock my world

Worst parade ....hercules! (light magic was NOT a parade)

lisap
11-07-2001, 08:12 PM
Loved loved loved the Lion King Parade. Bought the video so we can always remember it. Mulan was cool--the Chinese acrobats and all--

So bored with this cavalcade one--Can't wait for the very merry Christmas parade to come out!!

innerSpaceman
11-07-2001, 08:54 PM
Believe it or not, I find the all time rock-out Disneyland Parade to have been a little known gem called The American Gazette Parade that ran way back in the early 80's. A huge cast of comics and dancers told the story of the 20th Century, decade by decade, in this marathon marcher.

Next best (now this is all other than MSEP mind you) has got to be the Lion King Parade. Better than the movie. Better than the stage show, IMHO. Meaning that I and others I know enjoyed the Parade more than either of those more famous counterparts. And a surprisingly sexy parade for the magic kingdom, too.

Mulan was better than I'd expected. Parti Gras was not bad, except it started that stop-the-parade-for-a-20-minute-show trend that hopefully died with the worst procession ever to disgrace the route, the infamous Light Magic.

Fantasy on Parade, the long-running Disneyland holiday parade, was a great one - especially on the 2 nights of the old Town Square Candlelight Procession when the performers were keenly aware that all the Disney bigshots were in the Park that weekend. Mak show.

Anyway, it's been a while since we had a decent parade at Disneyland. I kinda miss 'em.

MSEP, of course, rules completey.