PDA

View Full Version : Need help with must-sees

Hakuna Makarla
07-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Today we are paying off our trip and preparing everything to go next month. I would like to know the must see shows so I can ask for prefered seating today. Is Pirates a show? we want to be able to get inside and rest at times and do not know what all goes on at both parks.I went to the disneland site, but I get confused. Best place to find any info is here! :) thanks ahead of time for all your help! you guys * all of you are terrific! *

Lani
07-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean is a ride. There is a Snow White musical in Disneyland, and an Aladdin show in DCA. Both of those are in larger theaters, and you can probably get preferred seating for those if they offer it.

hefferdude
07-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Right here on Mouseplanet is a very good trip planning site that includes descriptions of rides, attractions, dining, priority seating, fast pass etc etc and so forth.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/dlguide/ :)

BTW - How's Missoula this time of year? Lived out in Lolo for a summer back in '75. :cool:

Hakuna Makarla
07-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Missoula, its very cold! I live about 110 miles from there and the weather here is cold! Today is 60( weather said 75! ) here we get snow in the summer LOL! Can not wait until I feel warmth on my body! Thanks for the info, so we got a bugs life,its tough to be a bug,? and Muppet Vision 3-D and aladdin,and is buzz light year going on still?

Hakuna Makarla
07-02-2004, 11:57 AM
thanks hefferdude, I am off to see the reviews now. Thank you much for the link.:)

Dlandmom
07-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Karla, it's going to be HOT HOT HOT when you're out here next month!

For a nice break in the middle of the day, try Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln, right by the Main Street Train Station. The sound effects are really neat, and the audio-animatronic show takes place inside an air-conditioned auditorium. Do you have kids going with you? Really young kids (about 5 and under) may not sit through it since it's in a dark room and the sound effects require that you wear headphones.

rentayenta
07-02-2004, 01:24 PM
The Buzz show is still going on.

Musts:

Mickey/Minnie ears with your names stitched on.

Goofy's kitchen; we like going at breakfast.

When you are standing in line for Peter Pan, look left and up from the carousel into window of Snow White's castle. The wicked queen opens the drapes every 30 seconds or so. It's really cool and not a lot of people don't know this. It's fun too because everyone will wonder what the heck you are looking at ;)

The DLH has the dancing waters set to music, it's sorta neat looking.

The Elecrical Parade at DCA. A definite must!

Get the kids the character spinny things to have at night. They are only $10-14 and will keep them occupied in line. The have Buzz, Tinkerbell etc....

I'm a sucker for the glow necklaces.

Get the autograph books with places for pics. You can then scrap the pic with the autograph.

rakkwhite
07-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Karla, it's going to be HOT HOT HOT when you're out here next month!

For a nice break in the middle of the day, try Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln, right by the Main Street Train Station. The sound effects are really neat, and the audio-animatronic show takes place inside an air-conditioned auditorium. Do you have kids going with you? Really young kids (about 5 and under) may not sit through it since it's in a dark room and the sound effects require that you wear headphones.

Last month I went to this show with my 7 y.o. and my 3 y.o. I was surprised by their reactions. They LOVED it!! My 3 y.o. sat through the whole show without a wiggle or a peep (unlike the Snow White show). I would recommend this show to ALL!!! Great show!

Hakuna Makarla
07-02-2004, 05:45 PM
all your sugestions are wonderful. I know its going to be hot, and a wise soul told me here not to plan but go with the flow so this is what we are going to do. we have made a list of must see rides, and shows. and we do have three days to do it in beforee heading off to knotts and the san diego. we will just play it by ear, try to rest in between times and be blessed to even be able to go. I am so thrilled to say I finally paid off my trip package today and that feels great! Now I feel like I am really going! Today I got the itinerary of our trip, and in 2 weeks will get the plane tickets, park tickets,and all the stuff we will need to have a great trip. I owe all the info needed to you all here because if I had not stumbled upon this site I would have never known all the stuff that is important in enjoying the park. I know there is tons more I could know, but I do know that relaxing and not terying to plan every moment is the smart way to go thru the park. I do have some great idea's, but with my three year old plans usually go out the window. I am going to go with the flow so if he is tired we will go back and nap. If he is antsy we will go where he wants to go, and so on.I really want to go on some of the neat bigger rides, splash, tower of terror etc. we shall see if we fit them all in :) I will let you all know the next day after getting off the plane what my trip was like, and how it went.
By the way, have a great fourth of july to all of you :)

Emma
07-02-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm not positive on this but--

I think the only "preferred seating" that is offered is at DCA? It's Tough to be a Bug, Aladdin, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and Muppet Vision?

Don't miss Fantasmic, Goofy's Kitchen, Pirates, Splash Mtn, Thunder Mountain, It's a Small World, The Haunted Mansion, Soarin Over California, California Screamin, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Toontown, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, It's Tough to be a Bug, Disney's Electrical Parade, Winnie the Pooh (I love this ride) Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Alice in Wonderland, the River Belle Terrace for breakfast, the fudge at the candy shop in Frontierland, Churros, Mark Twain...

Wow-- can you tell I miss Disneyland?

Don't miss ANYTHING!!!!

Hakuna Makarla
07-03-2004, 05:43 AM
Thanks for all the sugestions, do you guys think I can get all this in in three days? I do hope so but its up to my 3 year old.I think if my three year old is not happy the trip will be misreble since he can get quit cranky. I am still trying to decide what to pack ( have had my suitcase packed for 3 months! )every time I go to the store I think " I better get this for my trip! .

07-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks for all the sugestions, do you guys think I can get all this in in three days? I do hope so but its up to my 3 year old.

I'm thinking you'll get it all in. If not, it'll be a good 80%. Have a great trip! (And we're counting on your trip report after!)

Hakuna Makarla
07-03-2004, 09:59 AM
I promise 3894 I will bring back my report and let you know everything a first timer my age did, and felt.How my kids liked it, and how much we got in before we had to leave.:) I am so excited. I am more excited then when I got married ,well not as excited as my divorce, but I am so excited , I watched the disneyland movie they sent me so many times now I can tell you whats coming up next!

44 more days to go yeahhhhhh!

Hakuna Makarla
07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
When you are standing in line for Peter Pan, look left and up from the carousel into window of Snow White's castle. The wicked queen opens the drapes every 30 seconds or so. It's really cool and not a lot of people don't know this. It's fun too because everyone will wonder what the heck you are looking at ;)

What is this peter pan? is it a show or ride? I am very interested LOL! Tell me more ok. Also we get the necklaces off ebay, off times( when there is no holidays coming up) they sell very cheap and I get 200 at a time for my kids so they have them every night before bed time to play, then they use them as night lights, and lights to go potty. we buy the bracelets, not as big, and with connectors in case they want necklaces. :)
Great ideas girl! thanks so much I will pack some today .

RagtimePrince
07-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Peter Pan is a small but very popular ride where you sit in 2-adult, or 1-adult and 2-wee'uns little pirate ships the hang from a track. Everyone loves it because it feels like you're flying over London and the big island from Peter Pan, and there's no sense of scale so everything seems really impressive. It gets the longest line of any indoor rides in Fantasyland, and every age group loves it, and there's nothing scary at all for the 3-yr old.

rentayenta
07-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Karla, you can do sooo much in 3 days. Our last trip we spent 2 at DL and 1 at DCA. I could have gone more but hubby was spent, literally :)

I am excited for you. I have a friend who has never been to DL and we are planning a girls/kids trip for the 50th anniversary. The boys will go to San Diego and we will go to DL.

Don't worry about missing stuff. You can always go back ;)

Hakuna Makarla
07-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Don't worry about missing stuff. You can always go back ;)

I would hope I could go back, but lately I am not sure. My dad has the beginings of alzimers,and is forgetting quit a lot lately,mom has had many health problems, I work and care for family and a severly handicapped nephew. Seems like the older my parents get the harder it is for me to get away any more. I am not sure if this is the last vacation I will be taking in a long time. I am just thrilled to 1. get away 2. go to the greatest park ever 3. and take my kids on a thrill of there lives. :) Thank you for your kind words, And wow you get to go for the 50th! I wish I was ! I can not wait until you all come back with great reports of how wonderful it was!

annemerson
07-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Please for your own sake do not go to the Snow White musical. Maybe we were just really tired by the time we went , but we thought it was boring and actually fell asleep. There was too little if the Snow White characters and too much of the animal dancers. Unless you're a huge muppets fan I recommend skipping that one too. However, the Aladdin show was great, esapecially all the special effects. If you sit up high you can see the flying carpet part really well. The Millionaire show was also really good, but I don't think the preferred seats are any better than the regular seats and you still have to wait in the main line.