PDA

View Full Version : Would like your 2 cents - impromptu trip

GusMan
07-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Ok, Here is the deal...

I got called out on business to San Jose, CA for the weekend. I have Saturday and Sunday to my self. My wife and I have been to WDW twice in the past two years, and we are contemplating a DLR trip in this coming December or February, but are wondering what it would be like.

The question is... Do you think it would be worth my while to go down there on 7/3 to "check it out?" I mean, the worse that can hapen is that I waste a weekend and maybe some gas. The car is paid for, and heck, my meals are even going to be covered on the expense account.

Whatcha think?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

stan4d_steph
07-02-2004, 05:15 AM
The park is going to be very busy due to the holiday weekend. If you've got some free time though it might be a good idea to get the lay of the land. You could get a 1-day hopper and check out both parks. You might get in some rides if you get there at park opening. You could check out the different food offerings and determine some possibilities for when you go back.

rentayenta
07-02-2004, 05:59 AM
paid for car
paid for food
no kids with you to whine in line
2 days at Disneyland

I'm still not getting what the prob is ;)

I would go. It will be crowded but you will have a blast!

DisneylandForever
07-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Would I go? Definitely.

Will it be crowded? Definitley.

My advice is just be patient, utilize the fastpass as often as you can, and plan to do more shopping/show-watching than rides. Of course the rides will be available, but long lines in the hot sun can suck pretty bad!

Have a great time.

Pat-n-Eil
07-02-2004, 08:03 AM
From where I am, it is about 6 1/2 to 7 hours down there depending on SoCal traffic. (Mapquest agrees). San Jose is a different direction, but almost identical distances.. So you'd have to decide whether that kind of drive is worth a day.. and figure out how to make that day worth it before another long drive back..

Having just come back from there yesterday, I personally don't like that drive for just 1 day or a partial day at the park.. but that's just me.

sediment
07-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Monterey, Carmel, and Santa Cruz are options as well.

Dani24
07-02-2004, 09:44 AM
It will be about a 6 hour drive, from San Jose, if you are liberal in your considerations of the speed limit. I live about 15 minutes north of San Jose, and it always takes us about 6 hours, non stop, if traffic is good. So, you'll need to factor that into things. Plus, being a holiday weekend, traffic may be heavier than usual.