PDA

View Full Version : The Official DLR Makeout Spot Thread

Pages : [1] 2

KeithOfTerror
07-01-2004, 05:37 PM
I thought of this whilst reading the tangent in the sleeping beauty topic. List your ideal make-out spots at the DLR.

Pirates of the Caribbean
(If a romantic atmosphere is more important than privacy)On the big tile star just outside the front gate while the fireworks go off.
A nice secluded seat on the Disneyland Railroad.

sediment
07-01-2004, 06:07 PM
1. HM at certain back-to-back times of the ride.
2. ATIS at certain back-to-back times of the ride (deceased).
3. Backseat of Alice.

Bill Catherall
07-01-2004, 07:21 PM
The very back seat of a Matterhorn bobsled.

Opus1guy
07-01-2004, 07:50 PM
The little bedroom beneath the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain.

Or the Captain's Quarters of the Sailing Ship Columbia.

(I prefer my "making out" in the horizontal position) ;)

I might add borrowing Walt & Lillian's apartment above the Main Street Fire House...but the thought of that sort of creeps me out somehow.

Wfoxx
07-01-2004, 08:04 PM
When I was in High school 1979 Mission to Mars because no one was in there. On grad nite it was filled with couples making out.

Emma
07-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Oooh.. I like this thread!

Pirates, Splash, or (I know this is weird-- It's a Small World) -- Although I'd have to have my own boat to do any of those-- Not into the whole PDA thing.

Any of the following Fantasyland Rides-- Peter Pan, Snow White, Mr. Toad, Alice, or Pinnochio. These are ideal, due to the darkness, and the fact that you are in your own car. :D

KeithOfTerror
07-01-2004, 09:48 PM
The very back seat of a Matterhorn bobsled.

If you could pull that off all mankind tips it's hat to you. Nothin' says good lovin' like an AA Yeti and a high speed death-run on the single worst track in theme park history...

Niwel
07-01-2004, 10:05 PM
3. Backseat of Alice.
Remember: due the the weight thing with the cars, this only works if at least two people are in the front. Double date?

DisneylandForever
07-02-2004, 07:26 AM
Nowadays the HM and the back row of POTC work well, but in the old days, nothing could beat the skybuckets or the PeopleMover!

SIGH - yet another reason to miss those attractions... :crying:

smd4
07-02-2004, 07:29 AM
I prefer the last seat in the last car of any train on the Disneyland Railroad, myself. Night time helps.

sediment
07-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Nowadays the HM and the back row of POTC work well, but in the old days, nothing could beat the skybuckets or the PeopleMover!

SIGH - yet another reason to miss those attractions... :crying:
Probably one of the reasons they're gone.

efoxx
07-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Lets see what hasn't been mentioned.

1. here's an oldie but a goodie; the top of the omnibus on a slow night (had to ask the driver to drive real slow wink, wink)

2. tree house on a slow day, just listen for foot steps

3. another oldie. motorboat cruise on a slow day.

4. monorail if ya ever can get a car to yourself. gone are the days when you had the bubble drivers seat, and the front all to yourself. I guess you could still use the back of the monorail.

5. rides that share seats. like the astro orbiter, or the old sm logs.

of course everybody does know that the hm and PoTC are on camera the whole time right?

DisneylandForever
07-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Probably one of the reasons they're gone.

LOL! I can see it now.

Imagineer: "Hey Mr. Eisner, we've got a problem. Those damn kids keep making out in the PeopleMover."

Eisner: "What? Remove that attraction at once!"

Bill Catherall
07-02-2004, 08:28 AM
If you could pull that off all mankind tips it's hat to you. Nothin' says good lovin' like an AA Yeti and a high speed death-run on the single worst track in theme park history...
The slow climb up the hill in the dark is filled with magic. ;)

sediment
07-02-2004, 08:30 AM
LOL! I can see it now.

Imagineer: "Hey Mr. Eisner, we've got a problem. Those damn kids keep making out in the PeopleMover."

Eisner: "What? Remove that attraction at once!"

How many people would have to make out in DCA, then? Of course, people were making out in their cars before it was built.

DisneylandForever
07-02-2004, 08:34 AM
How many people would have to make out in DCA, then? Of course, people were making out in their cars before it was built.

Geez, if it were that simple I'd bring a date to DCA every time. I just wouldn't bust a move on Soarin' or TOT. ;)

ppmuse
07-02-2004, 08:54 AM
First, right after I proposed to my wife, and prior to the Splash Mountain log change, it was a great ride to make out in and cop an occassional feel. Now that the seats are individual, it's a bit hard to "share the spit."

Another big romantic/make out spot for me is the waterfall at the Disneyland Hotel. Nobody can really see through the water, at night anyways, and it's pretty romantic.

On the walkway between Thunder Mountain and Fantasy land, but it's a little bit out in the open.

As someone said earlier, People Mover was always the best.

Opus1guy
07-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Maybe this reflects a young demographic in this particular thread which may have never had the chance to experience this attraction (at least as a young adult), but I'm surprised that no one has mentioned what today is still considered the all-time legendary makeout ride in Disneyland history...Adventure Thru Inner Space.

Even though the Haunted Mansion had the same OmniMover ride system, it never boasted the high amount of frisky riders that Inner Space had.

Perhaps this had to do with the fact that back in those days Tomorrowland was where the younger Guests hung out the most. That and coupled with the fact that Haunted Mansion actually had something to look at and enjoy as part of it's show...might have also made Inner Space more conducive to acts of hanky panky.

And hanky panky there was! It was a favorite attraction for off-duty/breaking Cast Members to sneak in under the ride, look up and spot a couple going at it through the gap in the OmniMover track, and walk along with them backwards to catch the "whole show!" ;)

There was no doubt that Inner Space was very well known as Disneyland's unofficial "Tunnel Of Love."

And everything you could imagine was going on in there. Sometimes Security would bust folks getting a bit out of the Disney theme...either for sex (not everything "shrunk" going through the Mighty Microscope ;)), or pot smoking which was another favorite pastime in Inner Space.

When Inner Space was selected as the location for Star Tours and being shut down forever, even Michael Eisner mentioned to the Press he was told the only reason folks were going on it anymore was to fool around. :)

But back seat of the Matterhorn??!! Man...you'd likely end up with a few chipped teeth and part of your tongue (or worse) missing! ;) That's not exactly a smooth ride there! Unless you're counting on the jerking motion for some other type of thrill. :)

2Fast4U
07-02-2004, 03:43 PM
hmm...best make out spot..... star tours........

yeah right!! that would hurt. unless you're making out with a wookie!

Opus1guy
07-02-2004, 05:26 PM
hmm...best make out spot..... star tours........

No...not Star Tours. Eisner was talking about the ride that was being closed down: Inner Space.

olddumbguy
07-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Back in high school one night, I lost a contact lenses to an over-anxoius girl in the back of the rail road. The only time I ever hooked up with someone there.

I'm now a very old 30, married 10 years with a soon to be 3 yr old daughter. I cant imagine doing something like that nowadays....But it was good to be young...

nightdesigns
07-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Gotta go back several years for this one butt ....

Haunted mansion is an always good one, space mountain on the up-hill, and matterhorn and splash are always good for getting a few handfulls.

On a related note, are there cameras on the mono-rail?

GoofDaddy
07-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Yeah! Inner Space! Rrrr. And the Tron section of PM -- All that high-speed CG made us inexperienced teens feel Barry White slo-ow!

07-06-2004, 03:48 AM
The slow climb up the hill in the dark is filled with magic. ;)

Hey, you promised you'd never tell!

mad4mky
07-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Maybe this reflects a young demographic in this particular thread which may have never had the chance to experience this attraction (at least as a young adult), but I'm surprised that no one has mentioned what today is still considered the all-time legendary makeout ride in Disneyland history...Adventure Thru Inner Space.

:)

Oh yeah.
When my ex husband and I were dating (and engaged)...this was our DLR make-out spot...big time! :D :eek:
I was sad to see it go...as it holds a lot of memories for me.

The ride got stopped a lot because of what people would do on that ride. One time it was stopped as people were smoking pot on the ride. We were several cars behind them...and we could smell that familiar smell wafting downwind from their car...