PDA

View Full Version : DECEMBER 9th

Ace
11-06-2001, 04:33 PM
HA HA HA I'm GOING SUNDAY DECEMBER 9th!!! I dont even need you guys to respond to this....I haven't been in like 6 months and I need a hit of Disneyland....ahhhh 34 days!!!!!!!

Morrigoon
11-06-2001, 05:10 PM
Squinky... can ya move it up a week? We're having a meet on the 2nd!

(If you can't, I still hope you ENJOY YOURSELF IMMENSELY!)

livinglighthouse
11-06-2001, 06:16 PM
I'm going to be going to D-Land December 4-11th. Its been almost 2 years now since we went last so we are looking forward to it. All the kids should be tall enough to go on all the rides this time so no more tears :)

mad4mky
11-06-2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by livinglighthouse
I'm going to be going to D-Land December 4-11th. Its been almost 2 years now since we went last so we are looking forward to it. All the kids should be tall enough to go on all the rides this time so no more tears :)

That was always a big relief when FINALLY all the kids could go on the rides...our family is on the short side, so when other family's 4 and 5 years olds would be going... our then 8 year old still couldn't...I felt awful for her (she's 11 now). Yeah for platform tennis shoes!
We'll be leaving the day you get there....so enjoy your visit!:)

Ace
11-06-2001, 07:11 PM
ahh there's a meet the 2nd? I think I'll probably go then, with my family and just go off by myself...I was gonna go with one person and then it b ecame 2 and then 3 and now it's 6. And I want to be able to enjoy it...other people don't understand. Seriously, at grad day everyone else is just like "yeah, whatever. Let's make fun of fat people" and I was like AHH we're at Disneyland!!! How can you not love this place???" Some people are just uninitated. When I grow up and get rich, the first first first thing I'm doing is buying a small house in Anaheim, getting a dual park AP (even though the DCA part won't get used...) and getting myself into Club 33. How does a MP meet work, by the way? I know it's at the goofy statue, but that's about it.

innerSpaceman
11-06-2001, 07:30 PM
I don't want to put a damper on the 9th or the 2nd or on any other date, but can't we get some enthusiasum for the 5th? It will be Walt Disney's 100th Birthday and, being as Disneyland is probably doing absolutely NOTHING for the occassion which is being hyped to the gills in Orlando, I really think every able-bodied MousePadder who can get to the Park on the evening of the 5th should meet for a big birthday celebration of our own making at the Walt statue at some preappointed nighttime hour. We can have hats and noisemakers and balloons and birthday cake. We can involve all the guests in the hub at that time, and it could be a truly wonderful almost-spontaneous experience.

I know Wednesday night is a big drag, but Walt's Birthday is when it is. Personally, I hate it when Disneyland Birthday falls on a Saturday (like it will on the 50th - ycch), but it is when it is and must go when it is.

Walt Disney's 100th anniversary of birth is December 5.

Ace
11-06-2001, 08:24 PM
If I could go the 5th...I'd be there in a second. But I have school...and even If I didn't, No one would care. Aww the man was a genius! Well, I'll be there the 1st, 2nd, 8th, or 9th and I'll know...."we'll never see his like again..."

FEJ
11-06-2001, 09:22 PM
I had to put in my vote for the 5th....Walts 100th birthday...I will most likely be there on the 2nd and 9th... hope to meet more of you posters...

Morrigoon
11-06-2001, 10:20 PM
I'd love to be there the 5th, but I have to work (bummer). We are, however, going to be celebrating Walt and America with the meet, which by the way, is a potluck. Please see the potluck thread in the lounge for details, and let everyone know a)you're coming, and b)what you think you'll be bringing.

Keep in mind the theme is Walt's 100th and Americana.
:D

stinkerbell
11-06-2001, 10:25 PM
In case I haven't mentioned it :) I'll be there 11/29-12/3 and would absolutely LOVE to be there on Walt's bday. Sadly, I'll be right here, typing on my computer and totally jealous of all you AP holders.......

Morrigoon
11-06-2001, 11:08 PM
Hey guys, if you're going to the potluck meet on the 2nd, please post something in the potluck thread from the lounge so everyone knows how much/what to bring. Thanks :)

blusilva
11-07-2001, 09:58 AM
InnerSpaceman, I'll be there on the 5th. I just got my time-off request approved. :) I'd be glad to participate in whatever is planned.

Not Afraid
11-07-2001, 02:48 PM
I can probably be there on the 5th. (I'll talk with the husband and see if he can make it too.) Maybe he'll take the whole day off and we can have a good empty DL day.:cool:

slaakker
11-07-2001, 07:44 PM
By the reservation availability and hearing others, I'm not sure if it will be a slow day at the park.

Ace
11-07-2001, 08:24 PM
hey guys I think I might be going the 2nd and 3rd now! SCORE!!! Since they have those 2-day passes for 6 bucks more, we oculd stay at an offsite hotel and go Sunday and Monday!!! AHHH I'm VIBRATING!!!!!!!!!

Nigel2
11-07-2001, 10:12 PM
Since you mentioned the houses by D-land, I don't think you have to be rich, heck from what I have heard they are super cheap since its a bad area to live in. Speaking of club 33, what is the wait to get in now, when we got our membership it was like a 4 year wait (I am probably off but close)

Ace
11-29-2001, 04:28 PM
uhh.....I want to change this thread to :who'll be there the 9th?

livinglighthouse
11-29-2001, 04:40 PM
We are leaving Monday to come down and will be staying at Castle Inn the 7th through the 11th. We haven't been to Dland since October 1998 so we are soooooo excited to be going. We have 4 day passes and plan on using every day of them!

Lost Boy
11-29-2001, 06:46 PM
I am going the 8th and the 9th. And on the 9th there is a "Just For Fun" convention at the WestCoast Anahiem Hotel at 1855 South Harbor Blvd, just south of the Park that will be celebrating Walt's 100th Birthday. Tony Baxter will be there, Sam Mckim and Bob Gurr, Charles Boyer, Britt Lomond (El Comandante from Zorro), Bruce Gordon and David Mumford (Imagineers and authors of the Nickel Tour), as will the Sherman Brothers, Bill Farmer (the voice of Goofy), and many, many others. It costs $5.00 to get in from 11:00am to 6:00pm ($15 if you want early admission from 9am to 11am). This is a small, but fun convention and the Disney Guests are alway willing to chat with you. I have been to several and they are alway a lot of fun.

I will go to Disneyland early and then to the con for awhile and then back to the Park. I will be at DCA on the 8th. I will be wearing heavy duty Mickey Mouse Jacket with a hood and a video camera will be in tow.

Julie
11-29-2001, 08:24 PM
I'll be there with my friend bluepearl on both the 5th and 9th! Going on the 5th to pay homage to Walt, and on the 9th for the CP. :)

awinner
11-29-2001, 11:51 PM
myself, wife and dog will be there on the 9th...can we set up a time to meet at the hub in the late afternoon or early evening?

Crazytigger
11-30-2001, 02:18 AM
I am going to try and be there Sunday eve on the 2nd. But I know for sure all day on the 8th.

Dlandmom
11-30-2001, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
I am going the 8th and the 9th. And on the 9th there is a "Just For Fun" convention at the WestCoast Anahiem Hotel at 1855 South Harbor Blvd, just south of the Park that will be celebrating Walt's 100th Birthday. Tony Baxter will be there, Sam Mckim and Bob Gurr, Charles Boyer, Britt Lomond (El Comandante from Zorro), Bruce Gordon and David Mumford (Imagineers and authors of the Nickel Tour), as will the Sherman Brothers, Bill Farmer (the voice of Goofy), and many, many others. It costs $5.00 to get in from 11:00am to 6:00pm ($15 if you want early admission from 9am to 11am). This is a small, but fun convention and the Disney Guests are alway willing to chat with you. I have been to several and they are alway a lot of fun.

Sounds like a ton of fun! Thanks for the heads up!

Ace
11-30-2001, 06:14 PM
a meet would be ok....but I get inda antsy if I stand still for too long at Disneyland

Tbird94509
12-01-2001, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
HA HA HA I'm GOING SUNDAY DECEMBER 9th!!! I dont even need you guys to respond to this....I haven't been in like 6 months and I need a hit of Disneyland....ahhhh 34 days!!!!!!!

I know haow you feel but we go down (6 hour drive) every other month to get our fix.