PDA

View Full Version : Missing Pirates - DL version

EO's Glove
07-01-2004, 12:25 PM
It's been a few years since I've been out to DL [gasp] and something has
been in the back of my head since then.

Have some of the Pirates been taken out and not replaced?

I seem to remember as a kid there being a pirate playing an accordian and I don't remember seeing him while I was there last. Is he still gone?

Have there been pirates which are gone forever from POTC that you miss?

Anyone know a website which has pictures of them?

Thanks,

EOG

Opus1guy
07-01-2004, 12:41 PM
I believe the accordion playing pirate was part of the trio that sung to the honks of the donkey. Didn't notice it gone last week, but maybe just didn't notice it.

I did notice the pirate on the canon in the final scene was missing along with the canon. In fact there was nothing on the left of the boat in that section. The pirates on the right were just shooting at a empty wall on the other side!

Just once you ascend the waterfall the push me, pull you guys were there.

EO's Glove
07-01-2004, 12:59 PM
The pirate I remember as a kid was sitting on something (a chest?) and was very animated, bringing his arms together and back out in a wide arc.

I want to say he had a orangeish beard (could very well be wrong).

I'd go back just to see him (if they put him back).

My folks joined my families vacation and they mentioned it too....

"Where's the pirate with the accordian?".

-EOG

nintendestined
07-01-2004, 01:40 PM
I did notice the pirate on the canon in the final scene was missing along with the canon. In fact there was nothing on the left of the boat in that section. The pirates on the right were just shooting at a empty wall on the other side!

Just once you ascend the waterfall the push me, pull you guys were there.

I noticed that when I went for Grad Nite on the 17th and when I returned on the 23rd of June. Quite strange indeed... Those pirates on the right side must be more drunk than I originally thought! :D

Pilot Mickey
07-01-2004, 04:27 PM

no what they are shooting at now is a couple boxes of explosives that were put in the cannons place, it's funny though, the pirate on the cannon's bullets still hit on the side that still has pirates :eek: Dead men might not be able to tell tales, but they may be able to fire guns? :confused:

rentayenta
07-02-2004, 06:04 AM
I think PETA must have gotten a hold of the ride too because now at the end the pirates are pulling/pushing up treasure instead of a donkey.

Bill Catherall
07-02-2004, 08:37 AM
I think PETA must have gotten a hold of the ride too because now at the end the pirates are pulling/pushing up treasure instead of a donkey.
Unless I'm mistaken, there never was a donkey. Those pirates pulling/pushing the treasure were added a few years ago.

ETA: I've heard those pirates came from another "show" (I don't recall where). So perhaps they were pushing/pulling a donkey in a former life.

sleepyjeff
07-02-2004, 08:55 AM
ETA: I've heard those pirates came from another "show" (I don't recall where). So perhaps they were pushing/pulling a donkey in a former life.

World of Motion, Epcot.

Opus1guy
07-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Yep. The 2 grunt boys were pushin/pullin a stubborn donkey in World Of Motion.

And they do need to tighten up the resistance coil on that rope a bit. Not a very convincing effect when the guy is gritting his teeth and straining to pull the rope...yet the rope is hanging there sagging like a limp noodle! :(

Paging SQS!

rentayenta
07-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I swear their was a donkey at the end. Ah, maybe it was my hubby being an *** :fez:

Forbin
07-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Yep. The 2 grunt boys were pushin/pullin a stubborn donkey in World Of Motion.

And they do need to tighten up the resistance coil on that rope a bit. Not a very convincing effect when the guy is gritting his teeth and straining to pull the rope...yet the rope is hanging there sagging like a limp noodle! :(

Paging SQS!

Actually Opus isn't that the point? The first Pirate was doing all the work pushing and the second was just tugging on the rope making the first do all the work.

Opus1guy
07-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Actually Opus isn't that the point? The first Pirate was doing all the work pushing and the second was just tugging on the rope making the first do all the work.

Don't think there is that particular gag in there. Especially as there is/was a mild tension devise for the rope specifically placed there originally to complete the illusion of the "strain." And the sweaty-ness, muscle-straining sculpt of the pulling guy.

If that were the visual gag, I would have written it as having the pulling guy dangling the rope cavalierly from his pinky or something, while his eyes were fixed on a jewel he was holding or something as his "buddy" was back there doing all the work.

I think the bit is that they are both genuinely and desperately trying to get out with the booty. It was equally legit in World Of Motion. 2 men against the heavy donkey. 2 men against the heavy booty.

Bill Catherall
07-02-2004, 11:14 AM
World of Motion, Epcot.
Yep, that's the one. I've never seen it so I drew a blank.

christina
07-02-2004, 06:18 PM
They must have repositioned the head on the pirate pushing the chest. We were there a month ago and his face was looking down. He used to face you and make grunting noises. The expression on his face always made me laugh.

annemerson
07-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey...we went on the pirate ride in the morning and we went back that night the pirate who usually shoots the cannon near the end of the ride was gone!
Maybe they're planning to replace the "fake" pirates with "real" pirates and maybe that's who threw water at me at the beginning of the ride!