PDA

View Full Version : "Big Thunder Ranch Country Picnic" soft opens today, July 1

AVP
07-01-2004, 08:14 AM
I just got this from Disney - the temporary "Big Thunder Ranch BBQ" replacement, scheduled to open Sunday, will be soft opening today.

To help ease the need to for more food eateries during the peak lunch time we’ve opened the Big Thunder Ranch Country Picnic (July 4th –September 6th). Here our friendly Ranch Hands rustle up all our fixin’s and serve it right to your table. Keeping in mind that it wouldn’t be a proper picnic without ants, we’ve sort of made them feel comfortable too. Our menu is all served “Picnic Style” which is ideal for our warm summer days. Here’s some of the fun grub we’ve got planned for you all:

Country Fried Chicken Basket

Three savory pieces of chilled “Picnic-Style" fried chicken (breast with wing and thigh), plus potato salad with dill and a corn muffin with butter. 9.99 plus tax

Grilled & Chilled Vegetable Platter

A balsamic glazed grilled medley of Portobello mushrooms, caramelized carrots, whole scallions, sweet & hot roasted peppers, zucchini and sweet cherry tomatoes served chilled atop sweet lemon-basil rice. Includes corn muffin with butter. 9.99 plus tax

Country Fried Chicken Drumstick

Served “Picnic-Style" chilled in a Cook’d Up Comics Box with baby carrots or "Ants on a Log" (cream-cheese-stuffed celery sticks with raisins). Comes with juicy watermelon slice, plus milk or juice and color-changing fun straw. 5.99 plus tax

PB&J

Served in a “Cook’d Up” Comics Box with baby carrots or "Ants on a Log" (cream-cheese-stuffed celery sticks with raisins). Comes with juicy watermelon slice, plus milk or juice and color-changing fun straw. 5.99 plus tax

FAVORITE PICNIC FIXIN'S

Country Caramel Apple Pie 4.59 plus tax

Granny's Pound Cake with Strawberries/Cream 5.49 plus tax

Walloping Watermelon Wedge 3.49 plus tax

Ugly Bug Krispie 3.29 plus tax

Assorted Bottled Soft Drinks 2.59 plus tax
The fried chicken in from the Plaza Inn. A CM friend says that they are cooking it at the Plaza Inn, chilling it, and then sending it over to Village Haus for storage / assembly. Another friend says that cold fried chicken just sounds gross, but I think this is a great idea. Remember the chicken picnic dinners you could buy from River Belle Terrace and eat on the Rivers of America lawn?

AVP

Dlandmom
07-01-2004, 08:40 AM
The menu sounds pretty good to me!

stan4d_steph
07-01-2004, 09:03 AM
That sounds pretty good. And it looks like you could feed more than one person with the 3-piece chicken basket. Just get an extra side dish for the second person and split the chicken. The kids meal actually sounds relatively healthy!

Andrew
07-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Cold fried chicken is pretty good, actually, especially in the context of a picnic.

It's a little too obvious that the location doesn't have a kitchen of its very own, though.

cstephens
07-01-2004, 10:49 AM
COLD fried chicken is really good. Tepid, room-temperature chicken not so much. But then, my idea of a good breakfast would be cold pizza, all other considerations not a factor.

I heard about the menu items from a friend, and it sounded interesting. Not sure if we'll actually eat there, but we'll definitely wander by to take a look and walk around at least.

CarlieB
07-01-2004, 12:52 PM
It definitely sounds promising. The balsamic veges sound good too. I hope it does well:)

07-01-2004, 01:06 PM
And it looks like you could feed more than one person with the 3-piece chicken basket. Just get an extra side dish for the second person and split the chicken.

Dibs on the breast!

Niwel
07-01-2004, 10:07 PM
PB&J!!!
I am SO there :)

rentayenta
07-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Sounds good. Too bad I'll miss it :crying:

I have to wait until December.

MouseWife
07-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Dibs on the breast!

Now, as a writer, you really ought to know better.... :fez:

rentayenta~ Me, too. :(

Unless I do the CHOC walk...

Opus1guy
07-02-2004, 09:51 AM
I'd still rather have those big old hunkin, BBQ sauce dunkin, caveman munchin RIBS! :(

Dlandmom
07-02-2004, 12:25 PM
I'd still rather have those big old hunkin, BBQ sauce dunkin, caveman munchin RIBS! :(

Yeah, I really miss them!

experiment626
07-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Cold Fried Chicken?? Almost makes me want to eat meat again (not really). I remember growing up, we always had cold fried chicken for dinner when we went to Disneyland (eating in our camper-van in the parking lot).

DrIndianaJones
07-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I wonder if there will be any discounts for APs?
Most likely not.

englishdisneylandfan
07-04-2004, 12:55 AM
So has anyone eaten there yet?

AlohaJulie
07-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, anyone been there yet? I was going to try to get there on Saturday, but I got a little distracted by DUH shows!

I have to admit, I really miss the old Big Thunder! I loved going there with my best friend and eating boysenberry pie.

AVP
07-07-2004, 08:04 AM
I'm supposed to test it out this week sometime - I'll let you know.

AVP