PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Birthday Party

marie1024
06-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi, this is my first post on this board so please have patience with me :) . Anyway, my family is planning a trip to DL in August for my grandson's 5th birthday. We wanted to do the party thing at the Plaza Inn with the cake decorating and all. But my daughter called tonight and was told they would be closed while we are there. So what would you all recommend? We are already scheduled for Goofys Kitchen for a brunch 2 days before his birthday, but on his actual day we want something just for him. What are some fun things we could consider for a birthday celebration for the best grandson in the world!! (Just a little biased here!) Thanks for any help you can provide.

Marie

cstephens
06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
I've got a birthday page posted (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) that you might be interested in. Have fun!

Photographer
07-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Be sure to get him a Happy Birthday sticker at City Hall in Disneyland or if you are staying in a Disney hotel, you can ask for a Happy Birthday pin at the front desk.

PCH Grill at Paradise Pier Hotel offers a breakfast with Minnie Mouse & one of her friends. (It was Max when I went) The kids played limbo and the characters went to all the tables.

Storyteller's in the Grand Californian hotel has a breakfast with Chip & Dale. I think the kids are part of a conga line with the chipmunks.

Or for more characters in clothing you won't see them in otherwise, have lunch or dinner at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure. You'll usually find Ariel, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale in nautical attire. Except for Ariel, they'll go table to table and lead the kids in a musical game of Follow-the-leader. They have good desserts there and at the end of your meal place a platefull of cotton candy on the table. :D At any of these restaurants you can buy a birthday bucket - like cstephens shows.

Oh and I think it's in city Hall, where you can ask about your grandson getting a Happy birthday phone call from Goofy.