PDA

View Full Version : New APers, and curious [about hotel discounts]

mystycalchyk
06-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi all.

My hubby and I bought our first ever AP's this last December and are planning on going this September with our niece and nephew.

Yes we bought APs and havent used them since, but we were there for 10 days so they paid for themselves that first trip.

So anyway....we are taking our neice and nephew for their first trip ever to Dland and are simply giddy with excitement. We know that there are certain discounts that we get with our AP's (the are the Premium ones) but arent sure what all they are. My main question is about staying on Disney property. We have never been able to afford to stay at one fo the Disney resorts in Disneyland before because we always go at New Years and its incredibly expensive. Anyone have any clue about rates during the time of our trip (arriving September 24th - Friday night, and departing Monday afternoon the 28th). Im just wondering if, since its probably not peak season (I hope and combined with our APs we might be able to afford it this time) It's one of those 'one day' things we hope to do...and since this is their first trip ever we thought it might be more magical for them to stay in the heart of it all :) (They are 4 and 8 respectively)

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Bill Catherall
06-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Call (714) 956-MICKEY and ask about their "AP Nights" for September in any of the DLR hotels. It might be too early to book right now, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Have you taken a look at the AP website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/annualPassholder/index) that details all discounts available to you? You can login on the right, or register if you haven't done so yet. Once logged in you'll be able to see all the current offers.

sierranevada
07-01-2004, 06:39 PM
We are in the same boat - just bought annual passes for the first time ever. I would recommend booking ressies at a DLR hotel and then keep checking for AP discounts. It took about 3 weeks before I got the AP discount of $120 at DLH for end of July.

Enjoy!

Leap for Joy
07-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Let me know what you find! We'll be there the same weekend, we're taking my mom for her first time. :)