PDA

View Full Version : Braggin' 'bout my kid

tod
06-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Little tod made the Hot Seat yesterday, pulling a hat and shirt out of the Disney Prize Box at the 4:00 show and doing better that everybody else that day to that point -- including his old man, who tanked on a question about what state had the motto "The North Star" and got a hat.

See you in July.

--t

rentayenta
06-30-2004, 12:49 PM
You sound like a very puffed up papa. How old is little tod BTW? I am picturing some 4 y/o wiz kid ;)

tod
06-30-2004, 12:55 PM
You sound like a very puffed up papa. How old is little tod BTW? I am picturing some 4 y/o wiz kid ;)

He's 14.

--t

Little tod
06-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Can I say that I made it to 32,000 without using a lifeline without my head becoming too big? No, I can't.

Quinten27
06-30-2004, 01:52 PM
, who tanked on a question about what state had the motto "The North Star"

See you in July.

--t

Let me guess......did you answer Alaska? That's almost a trick question......... (the real answer is minnesota)

Pammer
06-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Can I say that I made it to 32,000 without using a lifeline without my head becoming too big? No, I can't.

Hey, you've earned bragging rights, especially to get that high at your age! Congrats - you must be very excited!

I've been in the Hot Seat once both at DCA (on my wedding anniversary!) and at WDW, and my hubby also made it once at DCA - we were so pumped up afterwords! :)

We like to hit as many shows as possible when we visit, and are very disappointed that the weekday shows have been eliminated (at least during the slower times when we visit). We found on our last trip that it was very hard to even crack the top 10 because of all of the other Millionaire 'regulars'...there were at least 3 in one show who had to refuse the Hot Seat because they were ineligible! In fact, there was a guy in front of us (Daniel) that we recognized as being on 'Greed' a few years ago (saw the rerun on GSN recently too). He was pointing out all of the 'regulars' to his companion...funny!

Keep on playing!

iwannabeanimagineer
06-30-2004, 04:09 PM
But I take it the hat fit? :) Congratulations!

AdrienneQW
06-30-2004, 06:16 PM
In fact, there was a guy in front of us (Daniel) that we recognized as being on 'Greed' a few years ago (saw the rerun on GSN recently too). He was pointing out all of the 'regulars' to his companion...funny!

I soooooo know who this is! We met him on a winners' trip to the NCAA West Regional Finals in Phoenix this year - he and my DH talked game shows for an hour one night, one geek to another. LOL How funny!

rentayenta
06-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Very cool for the whole tod family.

tod
07-01-2004, 07:43 AM
We found on our last trip that it was very hard to even crack the top 10 because of all of the other Millionaire 'regulars'...there were at least 3 in one show who had to refuse the Hot Seat because they were ineligible!

I really don't understand why anybody would do that. As I have said before, we never go to Millionaire unless one of us is eligible, and I personally find it embarrassing to decline the Hot Seat because I'm ineligible (although it's kind of a rush to know you beat everybody -- which could explain it... :rolleyes:)

In fact, there was a guy in front of us (Daniel) that we recognized as being on 'Greed' a few years ago (saw the rerun on GSN recently too). He was pointing out all of the 'regulars' to his companion...funny!

I've seen him (He even beat me to the Hot Seat once) but I've never spoken to him. It's just too game-show-geeky to recognize contestants from shows, y'know?

--t

tod
07-01-2004, 07:46 AM
Very cool for the whole tod family.

Thank you. The Lovely Mrs. tod plays too, but not that often. She last played Christmas night. She made it to the third round, but tanked on a how-many-gallons-in-a-peck question because the idiot Phone A Complete Stranger gave her the wrong answer.

I feel okay calling the Stranger an "idiot" because it was me.

--t

Dlandmom
07-01-2004, 07:46 AM
Let me guess......did you answer Alaska? That's almost a trick question......... (the real answer is minnesota)

Hey, I would've gotten that one right...being somewhat of a hockey fan! Good going, Little Tod!

MouseWife
07-01-2004, 09:24 AM
I just wanted to say 'Wow!' and congratulations to you, dude!!

I have only played once and I couldn't get the hang of the darn buttons...

{everyone jotting down...'Play against MouseWife, she sucks!!} :geek:

The Lovely Mrs. tod
07-02-2004, 10:00 PM
How old is little tod BTW? I am picturing some 4 y/o wiz kid

See Avatar...and, as a point of reference, I'm 5'8".

And his mom is pretty proud of him too...although she was in her office and not in the park.

-TLMt