PDA

View Full Version : Can Sleeping Beauty Walk-thru be Revived by Love's First Kiss?

innerSpaceman
11-06-2001, 12:19 PM
I am appaled by the decision to close Sleeping Beauty Walk-thru indefinitely. Security concerns are completely bogus. If someone was able to get through gate screening with an explosive device, they could just as easily blow up the Castle from the outside as from the inside.

Boy am I ever glad that the last Mouse Adventure required that you do the walk-thru for an important clue. And double glad that we did Fantasyland first, before the classic attraction shut down (forever?) that afternoon. Mouse Adventure had the poor luck of taking place on the day the U.S. stated bombing Afghanistan. Players who chose the Fantasyland packet after the closure were handed the answer to the clue as a freebie, but now it looks like the real winners were those who had to work for the clue and got a last chance to tour the interior of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Wise security choice to save the Castle at all costs? Or wasteful panic that will accomplish nothing?

11-06-2001, 01:34 PM
Looks like wasteful panic from this angle, innerSpaceman.

blusilva
11-06-2001, 04:06 PM
I'm really glad I made the choice to go through it on October 5, the night I was there for the HMH public premiere. Sleeping Beauty was always my favorite Disney princess and I have a special place in my heart for the walk thru.

I hope they re-open it some day.

stinkerbell
11-07-2001, 12:28 PM
The walk-through is so important and my girls and I and even my poor husband love it. Security risk, my a**. My last trip to DL, we got there about noon (the day of MouseAdventure) and were unable to walk through. Then later someone said they were able to, so we went back and were unable to. Didn't know the reason. Also, it was not convenient to go back, as the whole area around the tea cups was still not passable, and they weren't letting people go through by the wishing well either....Oh my, I'm complaining a lot. I just didn't know it was closed due to security issues. That's baloney. Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorites.