PDA

View Full Version : Premium AP and Parking?

DisneyDustin22
06-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Can you park twice on the same day with a Premium AP? For example, is you get there early in the morning and park with your AP and then go in the park. Then later, meet someone outside the resort and come in with another group, can you show your Premium AP and get free parking for them as well?
Any info appreciated, thanks.

Forbin
06-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Yes that would work but it is a bit unethical.

You also can just park, walk out with your PAID parking ticket and hand it to someone else to park in there for free. Though all that trouble to save $8.

Wesley815
06-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Once your car is parked and then going out to get someone else's car in for free without them having an AP is a pretty cheap and stupid thing to do. If you leave and come back with your car, it's fine... I'm talking about parking more then one car in the lot at the same time with the same AP.

Although I'm sure you will anyways. :rolleyes:

Anthony
06-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Wow, way to jump to evil conclusions! Could it be that perhaps he is having lunch outside the resort, and will meet up with friends and they will all return to the resort? What would you have him do, run up and move his car, so he can in turn park with them? All this for $8. I find great irony in the thought that DLR might be cheated out of $8, with all the talk of price gouging, high entry fees, etc. What about the revenue that an additional group would bring in? It is safe to say they would need to pay to get into DLR, they might need a drink, snack, or other treat.

Let's not just assume that someone is up to no good, or trying to cheat the system.

SoCalDisneyLover
06-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Call The Police! Send Out The Bloodhounds! Evil Passholder trying to help save a friend a few bucks. And he's taking up an extra parking spot, so Shoot Him! :eek:

Forbin
06-29-2004, 08:49 PM
I will leave it up to the mods to decide.

Anthony
06-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Wait, now I am confused, what should the mods decide on? Where he should park? Perhaps someone can help me with where I can park. :) In fact, that would be a cool service, to have someone scout out parking spaces for you at places like DLR or malls where the lots get full quickly. We should invent the company and make millions. Who's with me?

Thomas
06-29-2004, 10:11 PM
why would the moderators decide?

Yes, you can do it.

Yes, I have done it and I don't feel guilty about it.

stan4d_steph
06-30-2004, 05:05 AM
Can you park twice on the same day with a Premium AP? For example, is you get there early in the morning and park with your AP and then go in the park. Then later, meet someone outside the resort and come in with another group, can you show your Premium AP and get free parking for them as well? Yes, it would be possible to do this. Your AP isn't scanned when you enter the structure, so unless you get the same CM who recognizes you, notices you aren't in the same car and says something to you about it, you probably won't get stopped.

MuckaMowie
06-30-2004, 07:12 AM
If you REALLY want to park for free, it seems that the K lot is currently available to non-cast member guests. Nobody is checking cast-member IDs or hang tags as you enter the lot. I've even had to stand up on the cast shuttle because "guests" were riding the cast shuttle to the park after having parked in the K lot! :confused:

sediment
06-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Call The Police! Send Out The Bloodhounds! Evil Passholder trying to help save a friend a few bucks. And he's taking up an extra parking spot, so Shoot Him! :eek:
You got me dead to rights, Doc. Would you like to shoot me now or wait 'til we get home?

cmpeter
06-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Parking is $9. :-)

danyoung
06-30-2004, 09:48 AM
If you're driving out to meet another group of people, then fine. If you're trying to park 2 cars in the lot on the same day under the same pass, that's not so cool. It's doable, and there's no system in place that would catch you. But it is stealing, even if it's only $9. Make yer own decision.

Wesley815
06-30-2004, 04:45 PM
If you REALLY want to park for free, it seems that the K lot is currently available to non-cast member guests. Nobody is checking cast-member IDs or hang tags as you enter the lot. I've even had to stand up on the cast shuttle because "guests" were riding the cast shuttle to the park after having parked in the K lot! :confused: I noticed that to! It's very odd seeing guests (not a lot, but still some) with CM's in a somewhat "backstage" roll. Most CM's will have like half their costume on, or be talking about stupid guests etc.. all on the tram ride.

Pedro2NR
06-30-2004, 07:29 PM
On the 1st day I purchased my AP, I paid for parking. I never notice the stub and read whats on it. I just receive it and continue driving. When the lady at the ticket booth asked me if I paid for parking, I said yes. I didn't have the stub with me at that time so she told me I could bring it in the next time I come in. When I went home and I noticed the stub said AP charge $0.00. At that time I wondered if CM steal people's money and give them their own change. I wanted to say something but my g/f said it's only $7 and we kept it to ourselves.