PDA

View Full Version : CM I have a question! can you help? [DL College Program]

splashmtngurl
06-28-2004, 01:30 PM
I was just wondering, I am only 14 years old, but I am still strongly considering a job with Disney once I graduate from college. I really want to be an imagineer and I itend on going to school at the UCLA academy of arts. While I am in college I would really like to take part in the summer job program that Disneyland offers. Can you give me a little info on the program or perhaps give me some website names so I can figure out exactly what the program is?

Thanks a ton,

Hayey

Forbin
06-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Whoa that pink font is harder than heck to read.

splashmtngurl
06-28-2004, 01:39 PM
lol oops let me change it.......... :eek:

ChipmunkStar
06-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Actually, Disneyland no longer offers the College Program, though it does still run in WDW. If you're really interested in it, and don't mind spending a while at Disney World (and getting paid very poorly for it), then research a little on the WDW College Program.

As far as Disneyland goes, give it two years and you can apply to go into foods (I started in ODV when I was 16), or wait until you're a senior in high school and 17 years old to go into other assorted roles (Costuming, entertainment, custodial), 18 years old to go into attractions, and 21 years old to go into security. You could always hire in as a CT (Casual Temporary, peak season only, and the pay's a little less than CR), and only work holidays... Hope that helps :)

splashmtngurl
06-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info! i had no idea they didnt offer the college program any longer........hmmmm........

stan4d_steph
06-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Try doing a search on "college program" here on MousePad. You should find some good information. If you just want a summer job for the money, you can always hire in as a seasonal employee. Check out Cast Place (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/) on MousePlanet for more information on employment at the parks.

splashmtngurl
06-29-2004, 12:46 PM
k, thanks for the help!

myron61090
06-30-2004, 07:53 AM
I was just wondering, I am only 14 years old, but I am still strongly considering a job with Disney once I graduate from college. I really want to be an imagineer and I itend on going to school at the UCLA academy of arts. While I am in college I would really like to take part in the summer job program that Disneyland offers. Can you give me a little info on the program or perhaps give me some website names so I can figure out exactly what the program is?

Thanks a ton,

Hayey

you know what, i'm 13 and i was thinking the same thing!... wait.. i'm 14! gosh... i dont even know my ageLOL.

splashmtngurl
06-30-2004, 01:05 PM
are u honestly 14...13.. or are u just kidding? lol i thought i was the only person ma age on here! i am a DISNEY FREAK!

splashmtngurl
06-30-2004, 01:06 PM
nm i checked ur prof@!

disNeytEen
06-30-2004, 01:09 PM
As far as Disneyland goes, give it two years and you can apply to go into foods (I started in ODV when I was 16)

Seriously, im going to be in my third year of a cooking program (best in AZ) in h.s. and was thinking of cooking at DL.

And im 16

RagtimePrince
06-30-2004, 02:16 PM
I think you have to be either 18 or a senior in high school for any position now.

splashmtngurl
06-30-2004, 04:00 PM
actually i found that at age 16 you can begin workig in the food service but you have to be like 21 or something to run the rides!

ChipmunkStar
06-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Again:

16 & Graduating senior- foods
17 & graduating senior- most everything else (stores, etc.)
18 (bare minimum, regardless of high school or not)- Attractions (you're essentially working with heavy machinery, so no 17 year olds)
21- Security

Other jobs are specialized (i.e. Seamstresses, Registered Nurses, Wigs, makeup, etc.) and thus require licensing and all kinds of whatnot. Check the disneycareers.com website.

TP2000
06-30-2004, 06:35 PM
actually i found that at age 16 you can begin workig in the food service but you have to be like 21 or something to run the rides!

Rule number 1 in Imagineering School: Disneyland doesn't have "rides", it has Shows and Attractions.

ChipmunkStar
06-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Rule number two, Disneyland DOES have ONE ride. Yeah, that's right. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. *still embedded in my head after three years since orientation... sigh*