PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip with a group

Jewels
06-27-2004, 05:21 PM
We are planning a group trip for next year. We have planned group trips before the difference this time is everyone is on a different budget. Two of the three couples going will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. But the third is researching offsite hotels. Anyone have experience with this? How did it work out? Any suggestions? Hotel recomendations?

sleepyjeff
06-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Compromise: The Paradise Pier is as cheap as many off-site Hotels(cheaper than many). Remember; many off-site Hotels charge around $6.00 per person/per day extra for transportation.....so, lets say the Paradise Pier is $120.00 per night. Lets say an offsite Hotel such as the Clarion is $89.00 per night. Add the $12.00 per couple to that cost and it runs $101.00 per night....for only $19.00 more, that couple can stay onsite.

Now, there are some Hotels that transportation is free(Like the Shearaton) or just not needed(like the Best Western right across Harbor from the Main Entrance).

Have a great trip. :)

missm
06-27-2004, 06:59 PM
I researched budget trips for a group of my friends and I and have found some excellent deals. The Best Western Park Place Inn has great deals, also it is way, way closer than the Disneyland Hotel. Expedia has had the best deals that I have found. I've been to travelocity, hotwire, etc... I booked a trip airfare, hotel, and airport shuttles) for five at Desert Palm Hotel and Suites in the Borrego Suite for $350/person, its for 6 nights/7 days. You can get trips so cheap. I stayed at the Carousel Inn last March and it was nice and very close but not as cheap as BWPPI. Good Luck. Go to expedia.com

Wendi
06-27-2004, 08:35 PM
We did a big group trip last year with 11 families. We all stayed in different hotels and it was fine. We planned a big Birthday party/dinner at Storyteller's Cafe, we had planned times to meet up in the parks, a few group meals, etc. Sometimes we went off and did our own things, other times we broke up into small groups, or went together as a large group. The only thing we should've done but didn't was meet up at one of the hotels just to hang out and chat, or possibly hang out at the pool together. It would've given us another opportunity to just relax and talk leisurely. Otherwise, staying in different hotels didn't really matter because that was just the place that we went to sleep each night. We had buttons made before our trip that we all wore, they identified us somewhat as a group, many people noticed them and asked us about them. We all had a fantastic time.

Another way to cut costs may be to reserve a suite to share, it may end up being cheaper than two separate rooms and you can split the cost with the other couple.

sami869
06-28-2004, 11:58 AM
I thought the Ramada Inn directly across the street from the park was ok. Not anything special but afordable, clean and right across the street. If you will have a car with you I highly recomend the Best Value Inn (the one in Orange by disneyland, NOT the ones in Anaheim by knotts berry farm). Especially if you'll be staying for more than a coupel days. The rooms are huge, come with a full kitchen and are very afordable. The only down side is that the hotel isn't within walking distance so you'll have to drive or take a tram. We have also stayed at The Jolly Roger and Travlelodge and they we're...not bad...not good...not worth staying at in my opinion. You should definitly read the reviews here at mousplanet and at travelodge before paying.

Jewels
06-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. They have been really helpful. It seems I should not worry about being in different hotels if we just set up meeting times. Plus it is just a place to sleep they can always hang out at our room during the day if we need a break. I will have them check out some of the hotels you mentioned. Also I saw on MouseSaver some great deals on the Hilton and Howard Johnson so hopefully we can find something like that for next year.

I am looking forward to our trip.