PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks from Harbor Blvd.

biolabetty
06-27-2004, 01:20 PM
We will be staying at the Residence Inn on Harbor Blvd. How well can you see the fireworks from that far away?

Cloud Buster
06-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I've watched them from the McDonald's down the street. It's not GREAT, but it's not too bad. For a better view go to the parking lot of the hotel across from TDA, at the intersection of Ball Road and Cast Member Place.

tod
06-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah. Go to the Spaghetti Station lot, take a faraway space so you don't interfere with the restaurant, and watch it from the grassy spaces next to the curb.

-t

rentayenta
06-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Since we are talkin' fireworks, has anyone watched them from the balcony of a room at HoJo's? If so, how was the view?

Hakuna Makarla
06-27-2004, 04:20 PM
yeah, I would like to know if watching from the pool erea at the carousel will be ok also.
Nice to know people here and get info LOL! I can know ahead of time if its worth the watch or put kids to bed.

serendipityaey
06-27-2004, 06:22 PM
We just got back from the Residence Inn on Harbor. I never tried to watch the fireworks from the hotel but we watched them a couple times driving back to the hotel and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to see them. The Anaheim Coast might block them, and if it doesn't then the gigantic glass lobby of the Hyatt right next door probably does :)

rentayenta
06-27-2004, 06:24 PM
We just got back from the Residence Inn on Harbor. I never tried to watch the fireworks from the hotel but we watched them a couple times driving back to the hotel and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to see them. The Anaheim Coast might block them, and if it doesn't then the gigantic glass lobby of the Hyatt right next door probably does :)

Are you refering to HoJo's or The Carousel?

missm
06-27-2004, 06:49 PM
I stayed at the Carousel Inn last March and there is no view of the fireworks from the pool. To even see a view of DL you have to stand on your tippy toes and peer over a fence. But the hotel was great!

Emma
06-27-2004, 07:26 PM
The Park Inn Anaheim (next door to the Carousel Inn) has a fabulous vie of the fireworks from their swimming pool area. It's on a 4th floor terrace-- It's wonderful. :)

Pammer
06-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I've watched them from Harbor Blvd. in front of the Denny's ~ it was a fairly good view, although the music (obviously) couldn't be heard! :crying:

Also, the Desert Inn Suites next door also has a roof-top terrace to watch the fireworks from, although I never made it up there on the occasions that I stayed there.

Wesley815
06-29-2004, 04:54 PM
The only thing is that most Disney firework shows go along with their music a lot better. Watching them outside the park (unless you're an AP or have seen the show a million times) just doesn't give the same "feeling" as seeing random shells going off with long pauses between them.

I also like going to the Small World area to watch the show. You don't see the castle, or that much of Tink fly, but the fireworks are almost directly over you and MUCH louder/bigger plus you have the music playing as well.

Hawaiian Cinderella
06-29-2004, 05:18 PM
I stayed at the Carousel Inn last March and there is no view of the fireworks from the pool. To even see a view of DL you have to stand on your tippy toes and peer over a fence. But the hotel was great!

We stayed at the Carousel this past March and there was no fireworks show scheduled during our stay (19th-25). I think the fireworks show started up again in April.