PDA

View Full Version : Ride Tech

Ace
11-05-2001, 07:38 PM
How does the turning system in the mansion work? I mean, how do the cars turn from left to rightt? Its probably not that high tech....

In Indy, does the ride select what's gonna happen out of the list (like the snake attacks the front or the snake attacks the back) before the ride starts or does it do it on the fly?

How often does the Small World Clock thingy happen? hour or 15 minutes?

In Star Tours, how vertical does the simulator really go? And how is the screen? Is it a projector or a TV?

DisneylandKid
11-05-2001, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
How often does the Small World Clock thingy happen? hour or 15 minutes?15 mins

Morrigoon
11-05-2001, 07:41 PM
Small World: 15

Star Tours: You'd be surprised how much it moves... it's scarier AFTER seeing it from the outside... I'd say slightly better than a 45 degree angle... maybe 50.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-05-2001, 08:00 PM
For info on the doombuggies, go to http://hauntedmansion.com/tour_load2.htm

The screen on Star Tours is a projection. It can't possibly be a television screen, since they don't make glass tubes that big, and they didn't have thin screen technology then (you know, those way expensive four-inch-thick screens you can hang on your wall like a picture that came out only a couple of years ago). Now I'm wondering where the projector is.....

Morrigoon
11-05-2001, 08:01 PM
In the back, of course, up really high. The film itself is wound in long strands in the back of the vehicle (visible from the outside but not from within)

slaakker
11-05-2001, 08:55 PM
From my understanding, the projection is from the rear just like normal big screen tvs.