PDA

View Full Version : What is the (security check) Point

FEJ
06-26-2004, 09:17 PM
I went and renewed my AP today, and at first was impressed. The security checkpoints before you get to the promenade seem like a great idea. It should cut down the lines entering poth parks, especially if one is park hopping....

WRONG!

I waited almost as long as I did for any of the 4 E-ticket attractions I went on today trying to get into both parks.
One of the major problems wats they only had 4 turnstiles open at either park.
The lines were out to the compass and you would think with parade time approaching, they would open up more...nope

I am now trying to understand why they moved the security points out if the lines were going to stay as long, if not longer than before.

Other than that, another fun day in the parks.
ToT was cool!

Boingonut
06-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Ain't employee cutbacks great!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Although you had to stand in a longer line to get in the park, I think moving them was a good idea, especially for those that park hop. I wouldn't want to have to show my bags 2 times just because I wanted to park hop.
Long lines, a perfect reason as to why we don't go in the summer. My husband HATES lines.

Grandbreaker
06-27-2004, 05:07 PM
go in via monorail

stan4d_steph
06-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Sounds like they didn't schedule very well. Seems that they should have had people ready to open the other entrances if the lines were backed up that much.

danyoung
06-28-2004, 09:30 AM
I've been pretty vocal lately about this penny pinching at the front gates. I understnad the concepts of saving labor dollars. But they've cut way too far in this area. It really shouldn't take 30 minutes or more to get into the park in the middle of the day. And they're even scrimping at opening, now opening only the odd numbered turnstiles. Cheap, and not cool at all!

Sheila
06-28-2004, 09:47 AM
I went and renewed my AP today, and at first was impressed. The security checkpoints before you get to the promenade seem like a great idea. It should cut down the lines entering poth parks, especially if one is park hopping....

Welcome back to AP-dom! It's been way too long. :)

Sheila