PDA

View Full Version : Great DL book out there?

scrapandi
06-26-2004, 11:30 AM
ok, I just read Disneyland Detective by Kendra Trahan and loved it. She had fun facts, hidden Mickeys as well as stories behind some of my fav rides like HM. I have also read David Koenig's books. My question is this...are there any other books out there that have this same info. (I have also read all of the guide books). I want to be well researched! ;)

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-26-2004, 11:48 AM
The best I've found is Disneyland: Inside Story by Randy Bright.

The bad news is it is out of print and will set you back at least $100.

--tod
who still isn't checking the top of the screen as often as he should. :(

Lynnepitt
06-26-2004, 11:50 AM
You sound a little bit like me - I think a good part of a holiday is the anticipation and countdown. Reading about Disneyland certainly makes you want to pack your bags and set off immediately. I've got 5 weeks to go and get more excited everytime I read another snippet on this site about it.
I've found two really good books that I can't put down. Each time I pick them up I find another new fact or piece of information. The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland is great. It gives you the low down on all the rides, places to eat and stay, and also gives pointers as to the best places to stand in certain queues and gives daily plans for different age groups as to how to spend the day. As its unbiased, it points out some of the bad points about certain rides and stuff which is good as if you are going to somewhere that you've only heard fantastic reports about and then something turns out not to be all that at all, it could spoil the day. Even with the downsides pointed out, Disneyland seems to be one of the most magical places on earth. I'm certainly looking forward to my first trip there in August.
Another book I've found very information is Disneyland and Southern California with Kids. Even if you don't have kids it gives sooo much information and gives details on each individual ride as well as restaurant guides and example prices. Lots of helpful hints in this book, and once again Disneyland really seems to be fantastic.
Hope this is of some assistance and that you have a nice time there. ENJOY!

smd4
06-26-2004, 01:05 PM
If you're interested in very specific books about certain attractions--say the Disneyland Railroad (just as an example off the top of my head)--then please see my sig! ;)

Laffite
06-26-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm partial to a particular Disneyland Railroad myself..

Warm Regards,
Preston

missm
06-26-2004, 05:30 PM
The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland is my personal favorite. If you order it on overstock.com it's pretty cheap too.

Mark Goldhaber
06-26-2004, 07:08 PM
This thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=25208) may also provide some helpful information.