PDA

View Full Version : What's the weather like in December?

missm
06-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know what the average weather is in early December. I'm planning a trip this year. Also, does anyone know if certain rides close during winter. Has anyone ever stayed at the Desert Palms? Thanks for your help.

SCUBAbe
06-26-2004, 10:12 AM
I think it depends on what temps your used to. I think it's usually in the mid 50 or 60's....One december it was really cold where I live (high desert). So, we were in sweatshirts when we went down to DL. it was really warm down there, so we bought T-shirts..LOL. I usually where a t-shirt and a jacket. If it;s cold I jave the jacket and if not it goes in the locker.

The summer is kind of the same. We have been hitting high 90's or even over 100 on some days and it doesn't feel that hot to me, but DL in the low 90's is horrible hot for me. There's more humidity down there. I love going in december though.. :)

JeffG
06-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Southern California can also be pretty rainy during December, so be sure to bring along appropriate clothing for that possibility.

-Jeff

SteveK
06-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know what the average weather is in early December. I'm planning a trip this year. Also, does anyone know if certain rides close during winter. Has anyone ever stayed at the Desert Palms? Thanks for your help.

We go alot in December (and I've worked about 2 miles from Disneyland for 12 years) so I'm pretty familiar with the weather now. It should be in the mid 60's-70's during the day and somewhere in the 40's at night. You do get the odd day where it's in the upper 70's during the day but it still gets cold at night...I've even seen it in the high 30's. Be prepared to bundle up and enjoy Christmas at the park...it's my absolute favorite time of the year at Disneyland. I've put the average temps from Yahoo Weather below.
-Steve

Month Avg High Avg Low Avg. Precip.

November 74.0° F 51.0° F 0.82 in
December 70.0° F 46.0° F 1.29 in

sediment
06-28-2004, 03:00 PM
The day you go might not be average.
Temperature highs and lows plus/minus 20 degrees.
Precipitation plus/minus 2 inches.

Just layer. Small lockers cost $4 for all-day use.

No particular rides close during the winter as a rule. There is a refurbishment schedule online both at Disney and here (via Disney).

Emma
06-28-2004, 07:47 PM
I've been on two trips in December... Both times, it was around 70° during the day, but got very chilly at night. Take a jacket! :)

SzczerbiakManiac
06-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Southern California has two seasons: Hot and Warm. It generally only rains during Warm, but weather being the random thing that it is, ya never know.

If you're the type that gets chilly easily, bring a jacket/sweater for night time.

aztectodd
06-29-2004, 11:46 AM
It can and will get into the low 40's during the beggining of December, though the days will be in the mid to upper 60's. You need to pack a little of everything so that you're covered either way.