PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report June 9-13 Part 2 :-)

Momtowolf
06-26-2004, 08:28 AM
So we had a great day on Thursday and the kids got to do almost everything they wanted to do. I forget now where we ate dinner. We tried the Dole Whip and OMG I will never forget that taste also and am CRAVING it bad!!! I loved the cookies at the store behind SM by the Pooh Bear ride. I got a few of those during the day and they are my very favorite!!! My daughter loved the Pooh Bear ride and I thought it was cute for kiddos.

We went to the Petting Farm this time and she loved that also. She loves Dumbo and took her Minnie Mouse stuffed animal on all the rides. That night we got in bed by about 11:30 PM. Exhausted but had a great day.

Okay on Friday we got into the park a little later then rope drop. We drove in since we had to check out of our hotel. They directed us to a parking lot that was WAY out and we trammed in. The tram dropped us off in downtown disney. We got breakfast at the La Brea Bakery. YUMMY!!!! We then headed in and did everything we wanted to do. The lines were kinda long but we fast passed and used the kid swap when we could. We got to Toontown when it opened and that was great. My DD loved the Go-Coaster and we just keep getting on it.

At this time our boys were driving us CRAZY and just wanted to stay in DCA and ride sceamin....We gave them their tickets and cell phone and made a meeting time. They took the train around the outside of the park and went to DCA on their own!!! The 12 year old is very responsible and we trusted them. They called us on the cell phone the whole time to ensure safety. It was the nicest part of the day for my best friend and me!! LOL We let my daughter ride rides and then slowly made our way down Main St. shopping and taking our time. Then we headed to DCA to get our boys.

Then we went to the Tower of Terror!!! I wanted to ride it and my son did also. My god-son was nervous but he rode it with us anyway. It was FUN and left a feeling my stomach will not forget anytime soon!!

Then we split up for a while and we took my daughter into the movie thing close to the TOT. It's got big screen tv's all over and shows the making of movies. It was cool and nice to watch the movies and listen to our favorite Disney music. We go to leave and all of a sudden there is a show out front and Mickey, a princess and Peter Pan come out. They invite us all to come back in a play a game with them. My 4 year old takes off with them and I go running behind her. We then proceed to play Duck Duck Goose with them and she was sitting right next to the Princess. Then we played follow the leader with them and she held Mickey's hand the whole time. OMG it was the best park of the trip for her....this went on for about 20 minutes. I got cute pictures of her hugging Princess and Mickey and Peter Pan goodbye. We were both floating on a cloud after this!!!

We then finish up Friday with rides, food and shopping. We leave the park about 10PM and head up to a hotel (Universal Sheraton) close to Universal Studios. We check in and the kids and us are THRASHED!!! It's been a long few days so far. We head down and swim for a little bit and then crash.

Next day we are up, packed and out of there. We head to Universal and Citywalk for Breakfast. Our breakfast was a whole pizza as it was close to 11AM by the time we got there. I LOVE Citywalk!! The kids loved it also!!! Okay so we did Universal. It was fun and different from DL but the kids loved it. I went on Jurassic Park with my son and he LOVED it. We then close out the day at Universal and head to have Sushi for dinner at CityWalk. YUMMY!!! The kids by this time and complete brats and we look like every other family with their tired and whiney kids!! LOL Citywalk is PACKED with people everywhere. Oh yead we also go into the Zen Zone on Citywalk and we all get water massages. Except my daughter. It felt soooo good!!!!

We then take off and end up staying at the Hilton the last night of our trip. Got up on Sunday and have the day of our life!!! We start in Beverly Hills and have breakfast at the cutest place called "The Farm" I think. YUMMY!!! We then go and by a Star Map to find Ozzy Osbournes home. We drive for a little bit and then find it. It's just right there. The home window are open. So like the tourist we are we get out and walk to the gate. Our boys get sprayed with water and the intercom tells us to leave since we are blocking the gate. We take our pic's and leave.

We then head to the Chinese theatre and Jackie Chan is there for a opening of his new movie. We see him running up and down the street before he goes into the movie. We walk around there for a while....It's like 3:30 PM on Sunday and we still have to drive back to Nor Cal....we then decide that we want to go purse shopping since we don't know when we will be in LA again. We ask for directions and then head into downtown LA to a place in the fashion district called "The Allys" there are purses of every kind, clothes, colored contact lenses, watches, birds, lizards, turtles, movies all over the place....My friend and I were in HEAVEN!!!!! OMG the purses were amazing!!! I got 3 of them.....my kids got turtles and movies......what a trip. It was a very cultural part of the city and they saw things that they never get to see. We both live in farm communities in Nor Cal so this was really stepping out for us!! :-)

We finally leave for home about 6:00 PM with a car full of purses, turtles, kids, Disneyland stuff, movies and us!!! We got home about 2:30 AM and it was worth it. We all had a GREAT trip!!!!!! My hubby thought we were insane for what we did on our last day. I told him that's why we won't take our hubbies!!! The kids had a BLAST !!!

I did tell my hubby that the next time we go to Disney we will take him!! So we are planning to go, just our family of 4, Oct/Nov of 2005. I think we might spend the $$$ and stay at the Grand California. Of course he told me that we will NOT be driving around all over the place looking for purses!!! LOL :-)

So that's my trip report. It took me about a week to re-cover from the trip. My friend did loose her digi camera but that was about the only negative on the whole trip. We love Disney and can't wait to go back again with Daddy!!

Hakuna Makarla
06-26-2004, 12:55 PM
what a wonderful sounding trip! I am so glad you had a great time, and also gave us an insight to your trip. I love hearing all about it, now for the pictures ok :)

Hakuna Makarla
06-26-2004, 04:22 PM
I went and looked at the anabella, it looks so nice. I guess you can not tell by looking at them what they will be like. I hope the carousel will be ok. So it was not to bad getting on the rides, did you get single fastpasses or did you collect them like some do? and ok girl, where are those great pictures? :)

Momtowolf
06-27-2004, 09:26 AM
How do I post the pics?

DisneylandForever
06-27-2004, 09:30 AM
I hope the carousel will be ok.

Do you mean the Carousel Inn? If so, then you have nothing to worry about. It is one of the nicest 2 stars on Harbor. In fact that is the hotel I always check for first. Good location, great rooms.

Hakuna Makarla
06-27-2004, 10:01 AM
I am glad, the last thing I want is to stay at a dirty motel. we do not plan to stay in the room much, but I am picky about cleanliness. Thanks disneylandforever

About the pictures, do you put them on any site? we use fokia on the web, its free and you just upload your pictures, then post the site to us to view. Hope to see your pictures soon :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip, with the exception of the lost digital camera. I bet your daughter was in heaven playing games with Mickey and the other characters. Stuff like that gets me all teary. Sounds like your family sure found the magic in Disney!
By the way, what kind of purses did you get? Did you get good deals?

Rae
06-27-2004, 03:00 PM
I have heard about "The Alley", the purse shopping sounds like just what I want to do!!! SOunds like you had lots of fun.

Momtowolf
06-28-2004, 06:14 AM
About the pictures, do you put them on any site? we use fokia on the web, its free and you just upload your pictures, then post the site to us to view. Hope to see your pictures soon :)

What's fokia? Can I use ophoto and then share them with you all?

Okay I got a Louis Vuitton, Gucci and another Louis.....very cheap and you can't even tell they are knockoffs!!!! If your into purses, watches, Von Dutch, movies, walletts....I would highly reccomend that you take a side trip for purses!! If your on the way to Universal you just take the downtown exit for LA and head to the fashion district....I think it was about 19th street....looks like a huge sidewalk street fair with stuff, people everywhere!!!! If your from a small farm town....it might look a little intimidating!!! But we felt very safe and had a blast!!! It would be VERY worth it for a new LV purse!!! My friends can't even tell it's a knockoff!!! Just think what your friends would say!!! I am DREAMiNG of the day I can go back and shop!!! LOL

sami869
06-28-2004, 03:51 PM
What's fokia? Can I use ophoto and then share them with you all?

Did you mean http://www.ofoto.com/? It looks like you can only email people your pictures through them. You might want to try a different picture hosting site that allows you to post a link to your album.

Rae
07-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Okay I got a Louis Vuitton, Gucci and another Louis.....very cheap and you can't even tell they are knockoffs!!!! If your into purses, watches, Von Dutch, movies, walletts....I would highly reccomend that you take a side trip for purses!! If your on the way to Universal you just take the downtown exit for LA and head to the fashion district....I think it was about 19th street....looks like a huge sidewalk street fair with stuff, people everywhere!!!! If your from a small farm town....it might look a little intimidating!!! But we felt very safe and had a blast!!! It would be VERY worth it for a new LV purse!!! My friends can't even tell it's a knockoff!!! Just think what your friends would say!!! I am DREAMiNG of the day I can go back and shop!!! LOL

My husband held his head when he seen this, but I couldn't get n the phone quick enough to tell my mum how great it sounds :fez: