PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report June 9-13 DL :-)

Momtowolf
06-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Cast Members:

Me: 36 year old mom/wife who LOVES Disneyland
My son: 9 year old
My daughter: 4 years old
My Best Friend: 34 year old mom/wife who is also obsessed with the parks
Her son: 12 year old

(P.S. This is our 3rd trip taking the kids to Disneyland with NO hubbies. We call it the NO RULES TOUR!! LOL The first trip my daughter was too little to go with us. She's gone the last 2 trips)

We left on Wed June 9 and drove down. We left Nor Cal at 12:30 PM or so. My new Chevy Tahoe was loaded down with one TV for my daughter, one TV with playstation for the boys. Snacks, game boys, CD players...these kids are WAY too spoiled!!!! We got down to our hotel about 7:30 PM. That included a few stops for gas/potty. My daughter is a great traveler (when she's not whining) and my BF and I love the car ride down to talk and laugh all the way.

We stayed at the Annabella. I would not stay there again. The room was just okay. The 2nd bed was broke and I didn't really like the bathroom set up for 2 families staying together. I ended up sleeping with my 2 kids on the pull out couch and my BF and her son sleep on the king bed...that was fine with me....I was exhausted the first night from all the driving.

That night (Wed) we walked over to Downtown Disney. The Annabella is close to walking in through the Grand Californian Hotel. WOW that place is beautiful!! We walked around for a while and then ate at Naples. YUMMY!!! We scarfed down the bread and balsamic/oil. Had pizza and salad..didn't like the salad but the pizza was great.

The parks had just closed due to grad night and DD was packed. Famlies all over with sleeping kids in strollers. We ate dinner and then walked around for a while. headed back to the hotel for our cramped night. The air didn't work that great and I was hot. Oh well.

Day 2=I woke up at 6:30 AM and my friend had brought her own coffee maker and the coffee was brewed and ready to go. She even wrote our names on the coffee mugs with puffy paint. :-) I had coffee and took my shower. Got the rest of the CM's up and we got to the park by 8:30 AM.

Got there by the rope drop. As we walked down Main St. we always sing "We are walking right down the middle of main street USA" I also noticed this time that we always walk in the right way and go under the train....I LOVE the retro posters handing up in the tunnel. Saw tons of characters in Main St. while we were walking to the rope drop.

The rope drops and we are OFF!!! Got our INDY fast pass. Got right on Pirates. COOL!! Went to HM and got right on also. Got the SM fastpasses. We also did lots of the kids swap as my daughter didn't want to go on the bigger/faster rides. By noon we had done everything on that side of the park. COOL MOMS RIGHT? We had a plan and it worked out great. The kids were thrilled.

The rest of the day was spent taking turns getting the boys on rides and then my daughter. The characters were out in GROVES and were everywhere we went. It was great. She loves them!! We had lunch at the Blue Bayou and it was HEAVEN!!! The Monte Crisco sand was mouth watering and it will take a while to forget the taste with the jelly!!

We headed to DCA and the boys just wanted to ride California Screaming. They loved it and ended up riding it 15 times during the whole trip.

Part 2 coming next....

Momtowolf
06-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Bump for those who might of missed it!! LOL

Wesley815
06-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Great TR so far! Sounds like you guys all had a great time and you even made the negitave things sound positive, hehe... Sorry the hotel wasn't to good, but at least DL & DCA were fun! :) It's good you were able to get on everything you wanted to and took advantage of FP.

I'm glad DLR has really improved it's entertainment dept. and has characters ALL over the park now, I noticed that over the past few weeks as well. At night (around 11/12am) most of the time you can even ride with them on the train back "home", the train drops them off at Toon Town which is closed to the public. I think it's a cute idea since it really looks like they are all walking home after the park closes. Plus the train ride is great for familes/photo ops. Although last weekend we went right by Fantasmic! going but Mickey was on the train also... funny to watch the leads/hosts freak out a little bit since Mickey was on stage and on the train. The kids didn't really notice, and the parents just laughed so it was ok. Some parents even yelled out "duck!" so Mickey would hide on the train, lol.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a great trip. I am jealous about you going with your friend. I want to do that with my friend. But my 2 closest friends, well one is PG with her first baby due in September and the other isn't even married yet. Will be a while before I enjoy a trip like you had. I can live vicariously through you. LOL